“Great Time”

Arizona ATV Adventures
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Had an awesome time on the ATV Box Canyon Adventure with the guides Leo and Ray. The views were beautiful and the staff was both friendly and knowledgeable.

This was my 2nd time on an ATV and I must say this was a very fun ride for having little inexperience. There is a variety of terrain and plenty of opportunity to open the throttle for a thrilling ride.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"terrain"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I went on the Box Canyon tour when my mother came to Arizona to visit me. We rented two ATV so we could both enjoy the experience of driving them. An hour and a half into the 3 and a half hour tour, my ATV stopped moving due to a mechanical break of some sort. I ended up driving my mothers ATV while she rode as my passenger. She is very laid back and did not mind letting me drive hers. The situation would have been a lot worse for every one involved if she had. The only remark the tour guide made of this was "Well, s#!t happens." Yes, it does....but, there was no apology or attempts to offer some sort of compensation for this mishap.

Even after the tour ended, no apologies and over a week now since the tour, the company did not reach out to me to try to apologize or offer any sort of reimbursement for what happened. Which would be the right thing to do. I should not have to go out of way and call and complain looking for them to make it right or at the very least apologize.

On the bright side, the two two guides were friendly and shared interesting facts about our surroundings at the several stops we made. Helmets, gloves, bandanas, and goggles were provided. As well as cold bottled water and assorted candy.

I usually don't go on guided group tours, but my mother enjoys these. There was a rider who was in the middle of a group of about 10 ATVs who could not keep pace with the first half of the group and caused all the riders behind her to become separated from the group several times. And this is not a very fast ride...its really slow, but the surrounding beauty makes up for it. However, its frustrating when going so slow she still couldn't do it.

2  Thank Samantha C
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Went with 2 other couples and had a wonderful ride thru Box Canyon. Being new to 4 wheeling I was nervous. Our 2 tour guides explained everything and in rude showed us things in Canyon that we would not have seen unless pointed out. They even supplied water bottles and candy bars. We really enjoyed listening to the guides stories. Thanks guides.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Went on the Box Canyon tour - good guides with historical stories to tell. ATVs are a little ‘rustic’ compared to what we use in the Canadian Rockies . Very enjoyable day though. Only criticism is the ride was a lot more road than we thought it would be; would’ve liked more desert trail.

1  Thank shelleybaier
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 November 2017

My family and I did the Box Canyon tour on the first day of our Scottsdale Vacation. My brother and I each rode separately and our parents rode together. Our guide, Leo, was friendly, knowledgeable, and experienced. We did the tour with another couple who rode together, for a total of 5 ATVs. The ride to the canyon was fun and a great way to get acclimated to the ATVs. When we first got into the canyon, we were amazed at the beauty and took a stop for pictures and cold water. It was a bit rocky in the canyon from high traffic, but the Atvs handled very well and made for a very enjoyable experience. On the way back, Leo shared his knowledge about the history of the canyon which we all found to be very interesting. I recommend taking as many pictures as possible, because all of our pictures came out very well.
By the end of the tour, we were convinced it would be difficult to beat the experience for the rest of the vacation. My two suggestions are that you should prepare to be a bit dusty by the end of the tour, and prepare (especially women) to not have access to a bathroom facility. All of their accommodations (Helmet, goggles, bandana, water, candy) were very helpful and comfortable. Also, the weather at this time of year could not have been better, so especially if you are in the area during fall/spring months, this tour will be amazing! Overall, myself and my family highly recommend this tour, and we thank Leo for a great kickoff to our trip!