“Comfortable, but could do with being updated”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of San Jose Lodge

San Jose Lodge
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Guelph, Canada
“Comfortable, but could do with being updated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

The motel room was clean and comfortable, but the decor is old and tired. There is precious little sound proofing. Someone insisted on leaving his monstrous truck running outside for a good ten minutes, and he might as well as parked inside our room!
Breakfast is not included, but the lodge has a restaurant (we did not try). There is a Safeway with a Starbucks just up the road.
The lodge is only a mile or so from the border. We could see the flood lit fence from the entrance.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
SanJoseLodge, Manager at San Jose Lodge, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it. Due to the slow economy it has effected lots of small border towns. However we are trying our best to keep it updated as best as we can with the service. With the freeze last year it has put us back a little and with insurance involved in the job it is delaying us to get the property fixed up. However we are in the process and sure hope we will be able to update soon.
Thank you and hope to see you again soon.
San Jose Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

When I first arrived at this hotel, I have to admit I was a little worried. It's located about 8 minutes away from Bisbee and there isn't alot around it (as far as food is concerned). I was traveling with my parents and we got separate rooms. Because I was with older people, they didn't want to stay in Bisbee due to the "crowds" and they thought it would be too noisy (which I've read is the case). So, we got rooms here.

The room was fine. I must admit I was a little scared at first to stay in a room alone. There is only one level and everywhere you travel in the surrounding area warns you about drug trafficking so I didn't like being downstairs with a window. Once I realized the Border Patrol was directly behind us, I felt better. The bed wasn't too comfortable, the sheets were stained, the walls were thin and the bathroom was pretty small. But, like I said before, I've been to better hotels and I've been to worse. There aren't a lot of options in the area, but if I ever go to Bisbee again, I'll stay in town.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
SanJoseLodge, Manager at San Jose Lodge, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. The stories we hear about are not on the bisbee border and they are only stories. Infact it is the safest city in Arizona. Bathroom is average size for the room. Windows have locks on them and a safety lock if you wanted to keep it open appx 1 inch to let in fresh area. Ground level and parking in front of the room to make it convenient. If you stay in down town then its street parking and stairs. We do have restaurant on site which serves mexican and american food and a lounge. I sure do hope that you will choose us in the future if and when you come down to Bisbee.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

evertime my family goes were happy.they give u lots on your plate and everything was real fresh.im verry pleased.

• Stayed June 2011
SanJoseLodge, Manager at San Jose Lodge, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you for giving us the opportune to be of service to you. We hope to see you soon in the near future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We have been coming here for the past 5 years and always have stayed at San Jose Lodge. The rooms are clean, the management is courteous and pleasent. Always enjoy the ambiance of the motel. I prefer to stay outside of the Old Bisbee because it is so noisy and conjusted there. We like the quiteness and cleanliness of the place. They also have a pool & the resturant is on site so makes it very convienent. Enjoyed the stay................

Room Tip: ask for the newer rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Gold Canyon, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

Enjoyed very much the ambiance in the motel. Management was very helpful. Room were clean and well maintained, and reminded me of traveling in my younger days. The breakfast at the restaurant was great. We wilol stay there again! Dinner at Rosies a real adventure but make reservations way ahead of time.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
7.1 km away
7.0 km away
The Inn at Castle Rock
The Inn at Castle Rock
#9 of 14 in Bisbee

Been to San Jose Lodge? Share your experiences!