My husband and I booked a stay here for 2 nights in July 2012 based on location and price. However, we were so displeased with the accommodations that it will undoubtedly be the last time we stay here!
We called ahead to inquire about the availabillity of hairdryers and wi-fi. We were told that both would be available to us upon check-in, but they were not. My husband went back to the office later and got them on his second request. We were provided a DSL cable so we could use the internet, but the server was down most of the time anyway.
Our room was on the ground floor and we couldn't draw the old worn curtains because of some missing hooks, so I used a safety pin to hold them closed. The room smelled old, musty, and dusty upon entering. The carpet was very dirty and had a bleached-out spot. There were scratches and chips in the paint, and the color choices were harsh. There were 2 beds. The mattresses were thin, and the pillows even thinner. The sheets were yellowed from improper laundering, and there were burn-holes in the blanket even though this was a non-smoking room. The wood furniture was very battered, and there were hand prints all over the headboard. The lighting was very dim, as there were only 2 CFL bulbs to light the room and one was burned out. I didn't request a replacement bulb, as I noticed the socket was dangling from the fixture.
There was a mini refrigerator that looked 50 years old, but it worked very well. We couldn't get the mini microwave to work at all. There was an older model TV with remote, and it worked fine. There was no liner for the cracked plastic ice bucket.
There were 2 chairs in the room, although there was barely space for them. They looked as though they would be rather comfy, if we dared sit on them, but the upholstery was disgusting with filth and stains, so we did not use them.
The tiny bathroom had a copious amount of dirty build-up on the baseboards. The plastic sink had cracks, and the tub was in poor condition. The toilet seat slipped around on the porcelain, and we were provided with only 2/3 of a roll of tissue; no back-ups, and not even kleenex. There was no trash can in the bathroom; only one in the bedroom. There was a dispenser with soap and lotion on the wall next to the sink. Another dispenser in the shower contained shower gel and shampoo. The bathroom linens were gray-ish, rather than white, making me doubt that bleach was used as a laundry disinfectant. We didn't receive fresh towels or any sort of housekeeping service at all during our stay.
On top of it all, a train track near the hotel made for very interrupted sleep. And the walls were so thin, we heard every conversation of passers by our room, as well as the middle-of-the-night pacing in the room above us.
The whole place was just awful, and made us feel unclean. We spent very little time there, except to sleep, so we dealt with the disgusting conditions as best we could. But would never do it again when there are so many other/better choices in the vicinity for a comparable rate.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Days Inn Bellemont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Bellemont Hotel Bellemont
- Americas Best Value Inn Bellemont