“Dirty & Noisy”
Review of Days Inn Bellemont

Days Inn Bellemont
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellemont
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My husband and I booked a stay here for 2 nights in July 2012 based on location and price. However, we were so displeased with the accommodations that it will undoubtedly be the last time we stay here!

We called ahead to inquire about the availabillity of hairdryers and wi-fi. We were told that both would be available to us upon check-in, but they were not. My husband went back to the office later and got them on his second request. We were provided a DSL cable so we could use the internet, but the server was down most of the time anyway.

Our room was on the ground floor and we couldn't draw the old worn curtains because of some missing hooks, so I used a safety pin to hold them closed. The room smelled old, musty, and dusty upon entering. The carpet was very dirty and had a bleached-out spot. There were scratches and chips in the paint, and the color choices were harsh. There were 2 beds. The mattresses were thin, and the pillows even thinner. The sheets were yellowed from improper laundering, and there were burn-holes in the blanket even though this was a non-smoking room. The wood furniture was very battered, and there were hand prints all over the headboard. The lighting was very dim, as there were only 2 CFL bulbs to light the room and one was burned out. I didn't request a replacement bulb, as I noticed the socket was dangling from the fixture.

There was a mini refrigerator that looked 50 years old, but it worked very well. We couldn't get the mini microwave to work at all. There was an older model TV with remote, and it worked fine. There was no liner for the cracked plastic ice bucket.

There were 2 chairs in the room, although there was barely space for them. They looked as though they would be rather comfy, if we dared sit on them, but the upholstery was disgusting with filth and stains, so we did not use them.

The tiny bathroom had a copious amount of dirty build-up on the baseboards. The plastic sink had cracks, and the tub was in poor condition. The toilet seat slipped around on the porcelain, and we were provided with only 2/3 of a roll of tissue; no back-ups, and not even kleenex. There was no trash can in the bathroom; only one in the bedroom. There was a dispenser with soap and lotion on the wall next to the sink. Another dispenser in the shower contained shower gel and shampoo. The bathroom linens were gray-ish, rather than white, making me doubt that bleach was used as a laundry disinfectant. We didn't receive fresh towels or any sort of housekeeping service at all during our stay.

On top of it all, a train track near the hotel made for very interrupted sleep. And the walls were so thin, we heard every conversation of passers by our room, as well as the middle-of-the-night pacing in the room above us.

The whole place was just awful, and made us feel unclean. We spent very little time there, except to sleep, so we dealt with the disgusting conditions as best we could. But would never do it again when there are so many other/better choices in the vicinity for a comparable rate.

Room Tip: There is an obvious lack of cleaning and maintenance at America's Best Value Inn Flagstaff, whic...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CGGlobeTrekkers

Reviewed 25 June 2012

The website states that every room contains AV connections to allow video games, but the televisions can't switch inputs to utilize the AV connections. My reservation was made based on the ability to allow my children access to video games. After checking in, I discovered that the AV connectors wouldn't work and checked out. Despite only being in the room for 5 minutes, the motel charged a 15 dollar "cleaning fee".

The real problems began when I checked out of the motel. Rather than refund my debit card, they charged it a second time. Upon realizing their mistake, they refunded my card for the total amount (minus the 15 dollar "cleaning fee" of course). While this should have concluded my business with the motel, it has been 2 1/2 weeks, and the refund still hasn't reached my bank. I called the motel, and the extremely rude person that I spoke with stated that it wasn't their problem and I needed to talk to my bank.

Needless to say, my experience with this particular Motel 6 was the low point on an otherwise enjoyable family trip to the Grand Canyon.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Wow super modern clean has guest laundry . Room has no carpet it has solid floors great idea!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed here after breaking down about 2 miles down the road in the freezing 17 degrees pitch dark night.
A motorist gave us a ride to the motel and the man at the desk was so friendly! He gave us our room key quickly and upon entering the room I was a little disappointing in the fact that the flooring was not carpet but was glad to see the room was tidy, had nice bedding and even had a flat screen.
It also had free wifi.

The bathroom was very clean and so nice.
Aside from the flooring being wood/tile I have no complaints about this hotel.
It was honestly an oasis for me when we were freezing and tired!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We were heading to Grand Canyon and stayed here for a night.The front desk staff was friendly and the room was small and clean. Overall no complains. We booked this hotel thru the hotels.com site and got a very good deal.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeisureTraveller1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellemont
15.7 km away
18 km away
Travelodge Flagstaff
Travelodge Flagstaff
#25 of 66 in Flagstaff

Been to Days Inn Bellemont? Share your experiences!