“Was pretty darn good”

Grand View Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wasilla
Reviewed 5 August 2011

It was clean and rooms were fine. The management seemed fine and view in the back nice. Just what we were looking for. Maybe a bit pricey..bit most of Alaska lodging is. Would return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank njplayafan

Reviewed 25 July 2011

The customer service didnt exist. Cold and unintrested. The quality of the Hotel itself is very bad. it is a -5 star hotel. The bad felt like the ground, the Box springs were the matress. The resturaunt was closed, there was not food. The service.....there was no service. No pictures in the rooms were on the walls....it was like you were stuck in office cubical on a concrete slab. Looks good on the outside, on the inside it is pathetic for any kind of Hotel ratings.....If you are going to get into the hotel business...at least make and effort, Very Unamerican.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ANCHORAGETRUTH77
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Stayed one night 5/13/11. 2nd floor room looked ok, nothing special, things like an iron but no ironing board, no coffee maker. Lower level has dining room/bar/lounge. Middle of the night there is a noisy fight......finally back to sleep. Next, area dogs all start going nuts barking, yelping and nothing done to quiet them. Very little sleep. Complained to rude desk clerk and her answer was, we document it so the police will take action on the dogs. Police documentation certainly isn't going to do us any good! Nothing in regard to help the customer who got no sleep or adjust the bill of over $125.00 accordingly or even offer breakfast. No apology. Save your sanity and go somewhere else...........no sense of customer service or appreciation.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank iflyd2
Reviewed 21 May 2011

My wife just went down to the laundry room (adjacent to the bar on the lower level). As she turned on the lights, a drunk who was passed out there said, "Is this your f&%#in' truck? Turn out the lights."

She told him it was a laundry room. Then he seemed to recall that the police had left him there. I guess that is better than letting him drive home. So much for security!

The fixtures in the rooms are cheap. If you like to read in bed, bring a flashlight...the lights (permanently attached to the wall) are not exactly well placed...you can't reach them from the bed!

One of the first things you notice, when you walk into the lobby, are all the signs explaining the extra charges you will be hit with if you break the rules. Now the rules are practical, but there is a really heavy negative vibe here.

The entertainment factor here is high...our television stopped working. Never mind, there's not much soundproofing in the walls, so we could listen to our neighbors. Funny that they couldn't hear me when I banged on the wall to thank them for waking us up at 6 AM. OK, almost forgot. If you stay on the roadside of the hotel, you can enjoy the constant rumble of traffic going by. Sound insulation on the windows isn't that good either!

The staff here is...hmmm...well, indifferent is a nice way of putting it. I wouldn't exactly call them friendly or helpful.

This qualifies as one of the worst places I have stayed.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
10  Thank Basman71
Reviewed 13 April 2011

This is the second time I stayed here and I was hoping it would be better than the first but it wasn't. Like the first time, there were no towels in the bathroom and housekeeping obviously needs some training. I had to switch rooms because there was dried pee all over the toilet seat. The first time I stayed there, a couple months prior, it was for a kids basketball tournament - we couldn't get housekeeping for the two days we were there; we were told that since there was kids in the room they wouldn't be cleaning it; no fresh towels, keys never worked, etc. Then this time I look on my bank account and my room charge is higher than I was told so when I called and asked they said it was because I switched rooms to a room with 2 beds...hello, only because it was the only room available and my original room was dirty! they didn't credit me the difference but still, horrible customer service, horrible housekeeping, horrible all around.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank CaraDawn78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wasilla
5.8 km away
Pioneer Motel
#1 of 3 in Palmer
2.0 km away
Pioneer Ridge Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Grand View Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!