“Bad Ingredients, Bad Price... Fu Kung”

Fu Kung Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 32 Restaurants in Valdez
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 10 September 2017

I was told that Alaska was more expensive, and I understand why. But I was surprised when I found that prices at this Asian fusion restaurant were double that of a similar Asian fusion restaurant in Fairbanks.

In addition, the curry chicken that I ordered was average at best. The curry was very watery and the chicken had not been trimmed of fat/tendons.

The rating was saved by otherwise decent pad thai, veggies, rice, and sake. Service was fine as well.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Well the food over all was pretty good. The egg rolls were not very good nor were they warm. All though with enough hot mustard they are hot. LOL I had a combo plat with sweet and sour pork and chicken chow mein. It was pretty good. Lots of food for sure. Always have to take some home. The soup was very good too. As always the price seems a bit out of line but then you are in Valdez.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We were craving Chinese, so tried this place one evening. Great service - as we were being seated the hostess told us they were expecting a bus load of 50 people in 10 minutes, and after that the kitchen would be busy preparing their food. So we quickly decided our choices and beat the crowd, which did, indeed, arrive en masse 10 minutes later, about the time we got our food. I enjoyed the spider sushi roll, which was beautifully presented... The soft shell crab was a bit more crispy that I'm used to, but still very good. My husband got a chicken dish that was well-spiced and tasty. Overall an very good meal for a pretty good price.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Went there due to a 10% discount coupon. It was the worst. Ordered almond chicken yes there was almond and chicken...tastes like beef broth also had frozen mixed vegetables in it peas carrots and corn. Mongolian beef and mostly onions. The sushi roll had hard old rice in it. Never served us the beer we ordered. On a positive note didn't make us sick. Would never go back!!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

It may not be the best Chinese food I've eaten but it was one of the largest potions of beef lo mein I've eaten. It was good and satisfying but not attractively presented. The flavor was okay but not real unique or flavorful. The service was adequate but not very friendly and welcoming. And the price was relatively reasonable for similar items in other Chinese restaurants. It was not a bad experience but certainly forgettable by the next meal. At best it was average as a dining experience.

1  Thank Frbill92