All reviews quality manager indoor heated pool animation team nice view to the sea watch netflix excellent wifi pin plug al dente rooms are modern large waves main restaurant special thanks lunchtime food fleetway travel the italian a la carte restaurant chicken and beef lounge bar
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Best Hotel in egypt so far. Animation is great. Hotel is always clean. Food is good and always enough. Personal is friendly and funny. Beach and Riff is great. No extra charges needed. And Kimo is the best animateur by far.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Amr S, General Manager at Novotel Marsa Alam, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear julianlastchaos,

We are glad to know that you have spent an enjoyable holiday. With pleasure, I shall transmit your appreciation to all those named in your comments.

We are waiting for your next visit soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel!!
Wonderful customer service !
Fantastic in hotel activities provided by Animation team ; aqua aerobics / belly dancing / pool party/ comedy and dance show and much more .... !!
Delicious food !

I have no other words to describe how Mesmerising the hotel and all staff are here !

If you can , PLEASE go!

I am
Now going to go back to enjoy the rest of my 2 weeks here :-D

Matilda & Fatma

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MatildaFatma

Dear Matilda & Fatma,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your supporting review online and for recommending Novotel Marsa Alam Resort to Tripadvisor readers.

It is my extreme delight to know that you have taken pleasure in our multiple facilities and appreciated our services style.
With pleasure, I shall share your praise with the team. Novotel family is waiting for your return soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Amr S, General Manager at Novotel Marsa Alam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Reviewed 12 July 2018

This is a totally honest review of this hotel form 2 older frequent travelers to Egypt. We have stayed in Sharm El Sheikh, Hurghada and Marsa Alam.

This was only a 7 Night Short Break staying at the Novotel Marsa Alam on an all-inclusive basis.

We paid for an upgraded Beach Front Room, but on arrival at check-in at 10:30pm we were given a First Floor Sea View Room (Only Slightly Cheaper that whet we actually paid for) it was a nice room (14208) with a nice view over the Beach so didn't complain.

Room: Was clean and presentable for a budget holiday it has everything you need for your stay including FREE Wi-Fi (Which is a little slow, you can pay to have faster Wi-Fi but we found the Slow version did what we needed, i.e. checking emails etc.) Shower Gel & Shampoo, we had to ask for these to be replaced once used even though the description says they are replenished daily. Free Ta & Coffee making facilities in the room are free and there is a mini fridge but only has water in it and you get 1 Free Bottle of water a day.

Restaurant: Finding a table at times can be hard, as the staff don't re-lay tables for new guests very quickly. There appears to be too many section Managers in the restaurant and not enough waiters (The Bosses don't actually appear to do any work apart from shouting at the waiters) Getting a drink with your meal is also hit and miss, sometimes you would get asked and other times not (Again not enough waiters for the size of the main restaurant) We found one waiter to be very attentive and appeared to love all the guests and that was Tarek who worked on the terrace, and one of the Boss Men, Mohammed was also very helpful, the rest appears to have the attitude of I have to work but don't want too and I don't like guests.

Food: Very repetitive, no themed nights, basically it's chicken, beef, fish or pasta. The Salad bar was always nice when the restaurant opened but within half an hour most had gone and wasn't replenished, this was pretty much the same for the cake deserts (Same every night) All the potato dishes, Wedges, mash, jacket potatoes all tasted very earthy and we found then inedible. NO CHIPS in the main restaurant (Only available at the Pool Bar at Lunch Times) If you want chips in the main restaurant you have to ask for them, and they will then begrudgingly cook some for you (They bring them out covered so no one else sees them) these were frozen Chips and made a really nice change to rice. BUTTER - this is only available at breakfast! We asked why and were told it’s out of season! Again this was something we had to ask for every lunch & dinnertime. On the whole the food was quite poor but you can always find something to eat.

DON'T LEAVE YOIUR TABLE with food on it or a drink to go and get your main, deserts etc. as it will disappear, if someone is not sitting there the waiters will clear everything away. (The wife buttered some bread and left this with her drink on the table to go and get some food, but this was cleared away by the time we returned to the table, we even had to stop them taking food away when we actually still at the table eating. No ICE CREAM at meal times - Only available at the Beach Bar form 1pm till Sunset (Around 6pm) and these are tiny Lollies on sticks that are half thawed.

Drinks: Don't expect large glasses or bottles of beer, small plastic cups and if your lucky a small glass (You have to ask for a large glass) No Cans all poured form large bottles, even the beer, so you could get flat beer if the bottle has been sitting opened for a while. WATER - this is available in small bottles in the restaurant at all meal times - Make sure you always pick up some) as the bar will NOT give you bottle only a small plastic cup full.

On the whole it's mainly a self-service affair with drinks and food at some bars.

The main Bar has seating outside as well as inside but don't expect a waiter to ask you if you want drinks, you have to go to the bar and get them yourself (The waiters appear to be there surly as glass collectors)

Late Checkout: as we had a really late flight leaving the Hotel at 6pm we decided to go for a late checkout, this is clearly displayed on the price board in reception at $30 US Dollars, so we decided to pay it. When we asked for a late check-out we were fist told it would be £35.00 UK Sterling, and if we wanted to keep the all-inclusive band it would be another £10.00 UK Sterling! We said that we arrived late the previous Wednesday so shouldn't have to pay for the all-inclusive, after some discussion he said we could pay £25.00 UK Sterling but check-out at 3:00pm I asked why it was so much more than the $30 US Dollars advertised on the board, his reply (Mohammed) took me quite by shock, it was because we were English and it was the Hotels Policy to charge UK Tourists more as they are richer than others. We didn't pay and took this upon with the Guest Relation lady the next day, who took details and spoke with the manager and we were told this would be looked in to and that we could have our late check-out Free of Charge (Nice Gesture) but wonder if this is something that does go on all the time?

So in conclusion:

Hotel - Not 5* as advertised we have stayed in much better 4* Hotels in Egypt in our honest opinion this Hotel should be listed at 3*

Staff - Not the friendliest we have come across, to be honest most were quite rude. The few we did come across that made our Holiday bearable were the guys around the quite pool (Near the restaurant), Tarek and Mohammed in the Main Restaurant, Ahmed the Club Car Driver, these all took the time to come say hello and see if there was anything they can do for you.

Animation Team - We didn't really have much to do with these guys but they did bother to say hi and have a chat as tell us what was going on, so well done guys and girls,

Rooms - Nothing special, but it was clean and had everything we needed and it was only were we slept.

Restaurants -

Main - Very Poor - Food very repetitive and not a great amount of choice.

Pool Bar - Didn't use, too noisy around the main pool and the one time I did go to the Bar the staff were really rude, and only interested in the young girls.

Beach Bar - Well not really a Bar but a shack on the beach again only used the once to get a drink, on asking for a coke and a Fanta the barman just pointed to the drink dispenser machine and carried on doing nothing, it was do it yourself, and the size of the plastic cup, well I would say it held around 50ml of liquid if that, they were tiny it was just around a mouthful.

Italian al a Carte - You get one free meal here per stay. This was by far the best meal we had the whole Holiday, so all we can say is it's well worth a visit.

Pools - 3 Pools we only used the quite pool and it was absolutely fine, just a shame there were no waiters bringing drinks around.

Will we ever return? NO

They need to get some tips from - The Xperience Sea Breeze Resort - nothing was ever too much trouble (We stayed here for 4 Weeks)

Room Tip: Beach Front or Full Sea View rooms are the best we stayed in Room 14208
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Phil E

Dear Phil E,

Novotel Marsa Alam entire team would like to express their sincere gratitude for your kind feedback. We are glad to know that you have spent an enjoyable holiday.

First, I would like to thank you for your comments which will help us to improve the quality of our services. As every of our guest needs are important, we will take it into consideration to ameliorate their comfort as well as to provide more training for our staff who is already receiving a regular on-job training.

Regarding your room, kindly be informed that the room which you received is the one which have been booked as to know our building 14 is a Beach front rooms.

As an international hotel, our guests are coming from all over the world and it’s not always easy to satisfy the different taste of the different nationalities. Meanwhile, I would like to inform you that the buffet is changing every day with 7 different menus for the evening “ Egyptian night, Bedouin night, international buffet, barbeque night, cheese night , fisherman night, Candle night”. Furthermore, our Chefs are always available in the restaurant for any requests from the guests side.

Concerning the All Inclusive formula, we propose a service according to the rate and all information were communicated to all travel agencies who should have share it with you as to know that the hotel is a self-service hotel.

Regarding the situation for check-out, kindly be informed that after your mention to the guest relation, an investigation has been taken place and it appear to have been a misunderstanding. The concerned staff members did not meant that any differences are made between the guests' nationalities but that it was a matter of currency exchange between Egyptian pounds, Dollars or English pounds. Please allow myself to apologize for the misunderstanding and the issue experienced.

With pleasure, I shall transmit your appreciation to all those named in your comments who will be glad to receive your praise.
We hope to get the chance to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I would like to express my appreciation to Ms. Lamia (Reservation department), Mr. Mohamed Sharkawy (Front office manager), and his team specially Ms. Dahlia El Cici, Ayman, Mohamed Saied), Mr. Rizk (FB manager) the master chef, and Solafa El Sharkawi from La palm (The main restaurant) for being so decent, polite, and caring to welcome me and my family. Special thanks and appreciation to Viktoria from the animation team for being classy in her attitudes with gusts, as well as being active and energetics.
Regarding my review to the hotel and my stay, the location of the hotel is good, and the view is excellent, and the suites are nicely and comfortably furnished. But the location is almost in Qusseir not in Marsa Alam, where it is almost 80 Kilometers from Marsa Alam in the direction of Qusseir, and about 50 kilometers from the airport and only 20 kilometers from El Qusseir, which means you will spend so much time, money and effort for any kind of external trips of transportations.
I would like to strongly affirm that none of the following comments and complains are specifically related to one or some of the staff rather to a bad system of hotel management which is represented by the obvious lack of attention from officials to follow up guests and their needs and to enhance performance, or to take any corrective actions. Their full interest seems to be related to sales.
I tried to make a suite reservation by directly contacting the hotel and surprisingly I have been told that only 4 suites are available, so only the quality manager (as I remember, or one of the managers) has the authority to do this! I asked to contact her, but she was in vacation and the only way to communicate with her is through emails by the reservation department, and they hope that she will reply soon but not sure when exactly I will have the reply! So, any arrangements to schedule my time such as flights or any other details are affected. Meanwhile, reservation of suites is fully available through accor or any other booking sites such as Booking.com or others, and this is what did, where I book it from accor.
Upon arrival, I directly went to the priority welcome desk as should be for gold member in accor, where I discovered that the guest relation representative knows nothing about accor, and I have to finalize my check in through the normal waiting que (This is not her mistake where the hotel did not inform her about what to do), and only at this moment the decent and professional front office manager come and corrected everything.
Regarding the main restaurant, the information letter tells that it opens for dinner from 6:30 p.m. while it actually starts at 7 and we (me, my family, and many other guests) kept waiting and feeling angry. Inside the restaurant, all kinds of shame, wonders, discomfort, were met in every small details. The towels of dinner tables only to be shown for the first guests on the same table, and not shown again where napkin tissue replaced it in some cases, and you can ask for tissue if you want, and usually no body respond. The rate of service is extremely slow, where many buffet items drop several times and it takes too much time to appear again. The arrangement of sections is extremely bad where narrow spaces on buffet and all gusts collide with each other (as in dessert section and hot beverage section) which represent a serious safety issue. Hot drinks spilled on me several times due to collision with others. Many chefs are working without gloves, and it happens several times to find some of them busy with his phone and the que is waiting. Two time the chef who prepare omelet (specially with the onset of breakfast buffet) is not shown and a que is waiting his excellency, and no action is taking to replace him immediately. Once, the honey rack was not fixed properly and the pass boys (carry the empty dishes from the table) not the waiters nor chefs were trying to fix it with direct hands not with gloves, and of course all parts of wax and honey were subject to direct contact with them. The water bottles also are shown at the time of buffet opening and if finished, not replaced again, and served at room temperature not cooled (coming from store with hot weather).
The hot food is below average but has an accepted taste, but I am suffering now from overdose of eggplant which is the king of all items for all days (baba ghanoug, pickled white eggplant, pickled black egg pant, grilled eggplant served with corn, tourly with over than 50% of its ingredients is eggplant, grilled vegetables which is mainly eggplant, macaroni with eggplant not with beef, and the snacks on the pool bar contains vegetable sandwiches which is mainly made of eggplant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I was afraid of finding eggplant jam. This is crazy. The taste of desserts is catastrophic in all conditions and by all meanings i.e. quality, taste, presentation, as if made in a popular bakery in a random poor popular area. I acknowledge that it shows an enhancement at the last five days but still below the accepted level and below average. The cups of beverages are extremely small so u cannot drink tea with milk for example, its size can only carry tea bag and some water, and no place for milk.

Many places are dirty where a cockroach pass over us in the papyrus bar, and we observed more than once a baby diapers under the trees. Dirty words (once) were spoken by one of the animation team when he says I stood out using a vulgar vernacular language and we immediately left the show, and many others were upset. The foreign gusts did not understand it but they observed the face and body language of the Arabian gusts and one of them explained to others (I think he said dirty word).
One of the animation team was passing on guests asking them to evaluate the hotel as five stars and thank the animation team, and this was done with my daughter and he captured her words by his phone cam before posting it to the hotel site to prove that he is doing his work, and this explains to me the contradiction between the observed performance in many aspects and what is written about the animation team. Many of the peoples who comment on the hotel page and rank it as 5 stars are staff working in the hotel, and I know them after my miserable stay and seeing them.

All the staff are listening to my complains and show full interest and the maximum thing they do is to provide excuses such as: I am new here, I am trying to make something better, we are not able to find professional staff in Marsa Alam, and so on….. This is not the concern of gusts and it is not supposed to bear such silly and fatal mistakes. We reserved in a 5 star hotel belonging to accor.
I never met or see a leader or a management in this hotel interacting with people, asking them, collecting feed back, or so. Also as I used to experience in many hotels no cocktail or reception party to introduce the department managers to gusts to make a direct communication and make the gusts talk to them not about them. I used to receive a welcome letter signed by the hotel manager or the resident / executive manager wishing a good stay and a request to contact him in case of any discomfort as a procedural action applied in many hotels which respects their gusts but nothing of this is applied in place.
The house keeping in all the hotels used to knock the door gently, then a gradual increase in knocking strength, then open the door partially telling that the house keeping is coming…. and so on, in contrary to the horrible knocking on the door and all of the sudden you meet a guy between you. They are not bad, or impolite but they are not trained, since a total of (may be/ about) 4 guys were exchanging together throughout my stay with the same attitude.
Really an unexpected experience we have met with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank hhamdy2015

Dear hhamdy2015,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Marsa Alam. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We would appreciate if you were informing us on site in order to take corrective actions; our front office team is available 24/7 for our guests’ needs.
The Hotel location is in a primary area between marsa alam airport and El Quseir city and it was clearly stated in our web site and all other online site with mapping.
Regarding your reservation for suite it is available direct with our hotel without any permission from any one of our management team; it is only up to our hotel availability. Concerning our online check-in desk, our ambassador for the LeClub members handled your check-in on time at the designated place as the mentioned girl was, at that time, in training. We apologize for the first convenience.
Regarding the restaurant, we assure a service and table setting which is taking place during the 3 h operation of each of our meals in the restaurant. It is true that it is not easy in rush period as a lot of guests are using the facilities at the same time. Meanwhile, you comment will help us to provide more training to always assure a quality of service even in high periods. Furthermore, we assure you 100% that Novotel Marsa Alam Hotel is sticking to a very strict food safety and hygiene procedures and is regularly checked by international auditors,
As an international hotel, our guests are coming from all over the world and it’s not always easy to satisfy the different taste of the different nationalities. Meanwhile, I would like to inform you that the buffet is changing every day with 7 different menus for the evening “ Egyptian night, Bedouin night, international buffet, barbeque night, cheese night , fisherman night, Candle night”. Furthermore, our Chefs are always available in the restaurant for any requests from the guests’ side.

We would like to inform you that our staff is receiving a regular on-job training and that extra training has been put in place
Concerning the animation, they are not managed by the hotel, but still, the quality of service remains under our supervision; be sure that the issue will be investigated and an action will be taken with the tenant to avoid the repetition of such case.

Accor, by its program Planet 21 for the protection of the planet, is trying to reduce the amount of paper use in the hotels. For this, the welcome letter is provided on the LCD TV in the rooms, upon check in, every time our guests’ open the Television.
With pleasure, I shall share your praise with the team with a special mention to those named in your review. I am sure they will be much more motivated by your kind words.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Sincerely,