1,459 results
All reviewspiano barliving areaanimation teamfishcoca colaunderwater lifegreat holidaytasty foodaqua gymcoral reeftwo weeksevery eveningenglish guestsshallow waterbig thanksvisited this hotelhotel management
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Value for money is top! My 4th stay in the last 2 years, this time I stayed for 1 week.
Location is just GREAT if you know that there is nothing to be done "right and left" of the hotel. Located ca. 45 min. from Marsa Alam airport, right across the hotel is a beautiful sandy beach with a great reef! "All inclusive" with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Food with a good variety and quality. Beverages are "OK". During my stay the animation team had changed. From "good" to "very good". I appreciated the stay, very relaxing. Thank you all team!

Room Tip: 1 Bedroom or Family Suite, book a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrewtom
Gamal R, Front Office Manager at Aurora Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Dear Mr. Andrewtom

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you had a great time at Aurora Bay Resort Marsa Alam ,and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We stayed in this hotel between 4th June and 18th June. We arrived quite late and we were invited to have our dinner first then do the check in, which was nice. We got our room, but when we entered I smellt some strange smell in the room. But we were tired so we fell asleep. Next morning my wife opened the cupboard and there was very strong cigarette smell coming out from it. (We are non-smokers) We told the smell to the reception, they offered us to change room, which we did a few hours later. That room looked newly painted so we accepted that room. The room was the same big like the other room, some living area bit with "kitchen" and sofa (empty kitchen cupboard) but there was a sink. And a bedroom, toilet with a shower.
The food were very delicious there was not the biggest choices of food, but every time I could choose some food for myself and my wife as well however we cannot eat everything, because we have some kind of illness. But every time there were rice... I started getting fed up with rice, if there was just rice as garnish.
There was very nice beef, chicken main meals and there were nice pizzas too.
There was a lady who baked their special Egyptian bread it took 2-3 days to found out where she is doing this bread,and she went on holiday during our stay, roughly in the middle of our stay, and there were no substitution of her which was a shame...
The hotel's garden was one of the most beautiful garden what we saw in Egypt, this hotel was the 4th hotel where we were in Egypt.
The beach was nice too, however our room was the furthest room from the beach I think, took 15mins to get down to the beach and we walk quite quickly... There were low tide quite a lot so the water was around 60-70metres further than it should be, and the water was very murky that time too, so the visibility especially in low water, (around 2-3metres deep) was almost zero. When there was high-tide the water was clearer. There are 2-3 greenturtles living at the bay and one hawksbill turtle I saw one of the 2 green turtle almost every day, they were at the very shallow water in the afternoon, around 1.5metres deep water as the middle of the bay is sea grass., so one day my wife who is a non-swimmer saw the turtle how he came up to get a breath from around 30metres far from where the water started as there was low tide, and she needed to walk around 60metres to reach the water.
I saw lionfishes, clownfishes, giant moray, trigger fishes and other colourful fishes too.
Now a few negative bits.
The hygiene of the restaurants. One day we were having lunch at the beach restaurant, and we saw the main chef were using his mobile phone wearing his plastic gloves, and after that he served the chips to the guests using the same hand what he used before to hold his phone. I had to tell him to give me the chips with a spoon not with his hand. This chef remembered me as when a younger chef put the chips onto my plate with his hand the old chef shouted to the younger chef not to use his hand, but they tipped back the chips to the container where they served the other chips, I mean not in the bin, and I might get the same chips (what he put onto my plate withn his hand) with the spoon... Another time it happened in the main restaurant my wife saw it, a waiter dropped a fork/spoon/knife to the floor and he put it back to the clean cutleries and used it to give it to some guests. it happened at the same time when a guest finished eating and didn't use one of his/her cutlery the waiter collected that and put it back to the clean ones...
It also happened that a half pair of plastic glove fell onto the floor, they picked it up and put it back to the new ones...
The glasses and the plates were sometimes dirty,so we had to lift up or put away a plate or glass until we found a clean one as there were some marks on them, I mean, it probably had some food remains...
Luckily we didn't have any health issues whilst we were there.
The animators were good, but we think that there should be more animators than just 4, as they couldn't keep their programme. I mean there were morning stretching in their programme every day and there were no morning stretching every day. Especially when they had to prepare the foam party for that night. We still don't know why they needed to prepare it in the morning though... And the yoga was written for Tuesday and Thursday, and my wife could do just 2 yogas during the 2 weeks holiday. There were zumba and latin dance written in the animation programme, but there were none of them. The programmes didn't started on time either, I don't mean it didn't start plus minus 10mins, sometimes it started 30mins or even an hour later.
We didn't have plug in the bathroom sink where was the mirror, so I couldn't shave. I had to tell the reception many times that I need plug to be able to shave and had to wait around 5 days until they could give me a plug to the bathroom sink, and I could shave myself. I think the problem was that the receptionists does not speak good English and we found out from a different guest they doesn't speak good German either, however a lot of german guests were in the hotel.

All in all it was a good holiday, if the hotel could improve these hygiene issues it can be a perfect hotel.

Room Tip: if you don't mind walking to the beach buliding 6,7 are the furthest from the beach
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leslie2825
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

When you come to this hotel you will feel like you have a new family, the people here are beyond amazing,
If you have any concern you can reach Mr. Alaa Hamouda he is very professional, polite and decent your concern will be solved in minutes.
Everybody here putting guests in the heart of everything.
Even the Director Mr. Ali Seoudi he is so professional and he always approaching to ensure that everything is right.
Very good hotel with affordable prices
Amazing Beach and pools to get yourself relaxed
One last thing.. when you go to Restaurant ask about a waiter there named “Alaa”
The most kind, cheerful and funny person on the planet.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank mahmoudaelfatah
Gamal R, Front Office Manager at Aurora Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear Mr. Mahmoud,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you had great holiday at Aurora Bay Resort Marsa Alam .and we do look forward to your many more returns. Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your with us even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This year i went with my wife Grace to her family in Egypt for Easter. We book the room in Aurora and I must say it was one of the best experiences in my life. My wife was also happy and surprised about hospitality in your hotel. The working staff was very polite and helpful. The hotel was very cozy. The food was delicious. I have loved your swimming pools and bay. We couldn't make the better choice but to book in Aurora. What the pity that we had to leave the hotel and come back to our country. We were feeling there like at home.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank AdiMercy
Gamal R, Front Office Manager at Aurora Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Mr. Adi

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you had great holiday at Aurora Bay Marsa Alam ,and we do look forward to your many more returns. Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your with us even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

It was the best trip. The service was excellent, the view marvelous. Every day new program, the animators were the best of best. We will come back as soon as possible. We had the time of our life :) We felt like home, very welcomed. All the people were very polite, helpful and pleasant. We liked the music, DJ, water gymnastic, belly dancing, diving, snorkeling , cabaret, tanoura dance....all of it

Room Tip: we had a room with pool view, it was very nice
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Gamal R, Front Office Manager at Aurora Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

dear Ms. Beta,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you had great holiday at Aurora Bay Resort Marsa Alam ,and we do look forward to your many more returns. Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your with us even more enjoyable.