“Dream Location”
other travellers have booked this property
What a setting by the river Nevern. One of Experience-Môr's flagship properties and no wonder!
Wrapped with the river Nevern along the edge of the garden grounds in a unique tranquil setting. Glandwr is Experience-Môr's flagship property, a spacious listed farmhouse. Just refurbished to 5*
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
After a 600 yd drive the house sits in its own grounds next to the river - tranquility itself
Huge open plan sitting and dining room with Sky Sports and great surround sound hifi
Plenty of room for kids to play games, to relax or just experience the sense of space
Second sitting room with two large sofas and free standing log burning stove
Large open plan dining area with table which can seat 12, great for parties
Large open plan sitting and dining room
The beautifully built fitted farmhouse style kitchen which offers all of the modern facilities
Landing with Persian rugs leading to master bedroom
The 3 double bedrooms having king sized beds and en suite bath with separate shower
The second sitting room from its outside door. Ideal for anyone wanting peace & quiet but has TV too
The 3 double bedrooms have king sized beds & en suite bath & showers. Tea making facilities & robes
The 3 double bedrooms have king sized beds and en suite bath & walk-in showers.
The fourth bedroom has been laid out with full sized bunk bed and an additional single bed
The entrance hall with custom made oak staircase
Nearby Lower Fishguard is the original port, far removed from the modern ferry terminal
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Louise S
Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
“Dream Location”
Reviewed 14 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

For me this was my dream location, we pulled off the main road into single track lanes and finally arrived at the house nestled between green hills and a babbling river banked by trees. The only sounds were the birds singing and the rushing water. The house was fantastic, warm and cosy with under floor heating and wood burning stoves. The beds were very comfy (memory foam mattress?) and we loved the dressing gowns and slippers. From the house we could follow the river for our own private stroll or follow some of the public footpaths. The children loved the hot tub and I found my own bit of heaven sitting there in the evening with the bubbles turned off, a glass of fizz in hand, listening to owls and watching bats flitting in the trees. On our way out of the cottage we saw a buzzard and a kestrel and I’m sure if we hadn’t had noisy kids and a dog, we would have seen more . It was a lovely touch to have the bird table close to the dining room window so we could watch them feeding while eating breakfast. The bottles of wine and fruit bowl were also very welcome. Jonty came over to check everything was ok and was easy to get hold of. He very kindly invited us to his ‘goatshed’ to watch the amazing sunset over Dinas Cross and we enjoyed a glass of fizz with him.
Despite the rural location of this cottage, the lovely village of Newport is only 5 minutes up the road, with great pubs and shops. We ate some fantastic meals out. There are also amazing walks and beaches close by, which we didn’t explore fully. We really didn’t want to leave this special place and we will be back.

Management Response
23 Apr 2018
It was an absolute pleasure to have such appreciative guests who were brilliant communicators. We had a hiccup with hot water which was easily solved without me having to drop everything and check.
Even more daffodils and other spring flowers out since their visit
Guhesh A
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 12 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

I really don't have words to express. Don't want to see the heaven, but this is heaven on earth & also a holy place. I wish were Shakespeare and my English is as strong as him that I could write 100 pages about the cottage but this will be less.

But still I must share my feelings from my bottom of my heart - I mostly spent a whole week at the property along with large Family group and had always felt like a year old baby cuddled and pampered by Mother Nature . I would say , She has washed all my work stress of the last decade and super charged me for the coming years .

And last but not least , I must say about Sir . Jonty , again wish I were him with his qualities and honest hospitality . I am definitely going back soon again and as frequent as possible , if I find any good weekend irrespective of the weather conditions .

ANYONE READING THIS REVIEW , Please share your feelings and we can start a club on Glandwr Farmhouse :)

Your age range 35-49
Rhian A
“Amazing New Year Break..we will be back!”
Reviewed 9 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Our experience of Glandwr can be summed up in 3 letters...WOW!! From the lovely, warm welcome to the added extras like champagne and a fully stocked fruit bowl..I loved every minute.
We stayed for 3 nights over New Year and had THE most relaxing stay ever! Lazy lie in's, lots of lovely beach visits and walks with Sid the dog and chilled out evenings in the hot tub or infront of the log burner! It really was a little slice of heaven and we will definitely be returning soon! I have tried to sum up the best bits below -
* the welcome, Jonty is a great host and we had a warm welcome and great communication from him and his team from start to finish! He is a real character!
* the quality and finish of the farmhouse and all it's amenities from the bed linen to the wash products!
* thoughtful touches like the wine, fully stocked fruit bowl, and eggs and milk in the fridge.
* tea making facilities in the bedroom if you are feeling too chilled to even make it to the kitchen!
* robes and slippers provided which were great for when we ventured to the hot tub.
* the hot tub - superb on a clear night chilling in the peace and quiet.
* the fact the cottage is dog friendly...Sid loved his stay.
*its rural location - peace and quiet but some lovely places and pubs to visit just a short drive away.

The worst bit...
* Having to leave :(!!

We had a fantastic time at Glandwr..do not hesitate to book..you will love it!

CandPSurr...
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Very Special”
Reviewed 18 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

For the past 12 years three generations of our family and our dog Lottie have enjoyed a cottage holiday somewhere in the UK. This year we spent two weeks at Glandwr Farmhouse and we all agreed it was the best yet. The setting really is very special indeed - natural and unspoilt. You will hear no traffic, just the burbling of the river at the end of the garden and the calls of the resident buzzards that pass low overhead. Jonathan and his team are charming. On our first evening we were invited out to try our hands at clay pigeon shooting and afterwards they were always willing and available to help in any way. Not that we needed anything! The house is exceptionally well-equipped and extremely comfortable. We appreciated the well-chosen original artwork and antiques and enjoyed relaxed dinners round the ample dining room table. Newport is lovely and there are great beaches, cliffs and coves all around. We'd love to visit again but we're equally keen to try the other Experience Mor properties. They all look of a similarly high standard. Splendid!

Travelling group: Extended Family
NormaEv
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Great Family weeks holiday”
Reviewed 30 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Tranquil riverside seting, with visiting heron & kingfisher. we were a party of 6. Plenty of space, well equiped, eco friendly accomodation. we all slept rearly well - result!!!
We will definately be back - thank you.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing