2,388 results
All reviews butler service te pahu oasis pool sushi the miri miri spa far niente aparima bar personal butler couples retreat golf cart premier overwater villa our honeymoon fish main island jean george swim up bar four seasons
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was the trip of the year (or even a lifetime) which my hubby and I had been looking forward to. We are from Singapore and the French Polynesian Islands are quite out of the way for us. But to be able to experience the island paradise just this once is more than worth our effort.

True enough, St Regis didn't disappoint. In fact, it exceeded our expectations in every possible way. Thanks to Jennifer from Pacific for Less (it wasn't difficult at all to deal with a travel agency based in another country and time zone at all! Jennifer's reply was always prompt. I suspect she sleeps with the computer next to her!), everything was smooth sailing right from the day we reached Tahiti to Moorea and to Bora Bora. In fact, we had a really fabulous over water bungalow in 107 (this was a complimentary upgrade), all breakfast inclusive, a complimentary 50 min Polynesian massage for two, and a romantic candlelight dinner, all for a very reasonable price.

We received a very warm welcome from Glen of St Regis the moment we arrived at our airport, and were promptly directed to the shuttle boat which brought us to the resort on the Motu. When we arrived, we had another round of warm welcome from our butler Moetini who offered us cold towels and drinks, and gave us a tour of the resort on the buggy. The resort compound is sprawling and I was completely blown away (our last resort was Hilton Moorea which just couldn't match up to St Regis). When we arrived outside our OWB, I couldn't believe how huge the bungalow was, with such a fabulous view of Mt Otemanu and the passing clouds. Lagoon was a deep blue and the sky was clear. I knew then that was paradise (minus the humid hot weather ;P) and it was exhilarating to know that I have a villa fit for a king for the next few days.

The bungalow was extremely clean and well-maintained. Good design of the outdoor decks/jacuzzi which maintained privacy. I love the colours of the furnishing - shades of pink, red, and green. Very cheerful colours. Separate HUGE living/dining and bedroom. Huge bathroom with a nicely sized bath tub. 2 floor glass panels (one big one in the living room, a small square one in the bathroom) with lovely fishes swimming in the waters beneath. The bungalow was tidied twice a day - once in the morning (usually while we were out), and another evening turndown (with complimentary bottled water and a tin of different flavoured cookies each night). I like St Regis's efforts at promoting the Polynesian culture. The staff left printed postcards of the different Polynesian gods on the bed each night at evening turndown. As for room choice, I will think that those facing the Mt Otemanu will have a much nicer view with sunset. Some of the deluxe villas can be really far out in the resort, so will probably need to rely on the buggy or free bicycles on rent in the hotel to get around.

Resort was sprawling as i said earlier, which gave it a really exclusive feel as you hardly see other guests around except at breakfast time when we gather in the main restaurant. There is a nice lagoonarium within the resort if you do not want to go the the main lagoonarium/fish parc (near Le Meridien). It's my first snorkeling trip and I was happy enough to just snorkel around in the lagoonarium. I saw a lot of colourful fish, and 2 big Napoleons. One can also snorkel off the deck of the OWB. I even saw a few stingrays. But for some reason, the fish seems to disappear from around my OWB after a heavy rain one night.

Miri Miri Spa is also a nice experience. I like the massage oil made from the Tiare flower.

Restaurants experience - We tried all three restaurants as we were too lazy to take the boat trip to the main island (except one night when we went to La Villa Mahana). Sushi Take is the Japanese restaurant. Not knowing what to expect in terms of food portioning, we ordered the combo meal as well as a Ebi Tempura to share.... and that was a LOT of food for two of us. Food quality was good. The Lagoon restaurant is the award winning restaurant - reserve ahead of time and you may be able to get one of the 4 tables set on the outdoor deck with a nice view of the lagoon and the fish at night when the lights are switched on (I did not heed Jennifer's advice on this, and regrettably, did not manage to get a terrace table when I made my reservation on my day of arrival). Service was superb. Food was delicious. We particularly enjoyed the fish dishes. The fish tastes so fresh! Expect to pay about USD150-200 for 2 for a three course meal (without wine). The complimentary dinner arranged by my travel agency was by Te Pahu restaurant. It was supposed to be a candlelight dinner by the beach but unfortunately, it was really windy so we had no choice but to have it indoors instead. My initial disappointment gave way to sheer delight when the food arrived. Presentation was good. Food flavour, seasoning etc was just perfect!

I find the staff also somewhat friendlier than those at Hilton Moorea. Not really sure why. They are always stopping by to say Hi or greet us with smile. The club lounge at St Regis was also really impressive and is accessible to all guests. They have coffee and tea facilities with cookies in the lounge, plush sofa and three computers with complimentary internet access. There are also free shuttle boats to the main island ferry terminal with twice a day complimentary shuttle bus to the town. The driver can also make a stop at Bloody Mary's on the way.

On the last day, the resort offered us a late check out till 430pm with timing just right for our shuttle boat trip to the airport. All this arranged for us for our convenience, without requiring any prompting from us.

Anyway, if you are still following my extremely lengthy review, you will know that I just can't find any significant fault with this hotel (except some minor dissatisfaction with the quality of the bath products). It was indeed pricey but it was money well spent. After staying here, I think I will have difficulties finding another resort that can match up to the standards or the scenery. A trip to FP is not cheap. And precisely for that reason, we might as well just splurge on the best and have the memories to last a lifetime. ;)

Room tip: Choose villas facing Mt Otemanu.
3  Thank SGlobe_trotter
Reviewed 27 March 2012

If you are looking for 5 star accomodations this is the one! The staff, the food, the property, the views all incredible......you truly won't find better! We can't wait to go back.....six days was not long enough!

Room tip: Deluxe Overwater Bungalows are a little larger. The end units offer a little more privacy.
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed at the St. Regis Resort from Feb 20th - Feb 25th. My husband and I travel
extensively and have been all over the world. After reading the reviews before we
left on vacation, we thought to ourselves how can this place be this good. Is it really
true. We'll, Yes it was not only true but it far exceeded our expectations, It is truly
paradise on earth. The place looks like a postcard and not real, thats how beautiful
it is. We never write on trip advisor but feel so obligated to do so this trip.

Before we left on vacation we had a couple of questions for the hotel and spoke to
Mark Pittman who took care of all my questions and concerns and genuinely made me
feel so @ ease and even more looking forwardto the trip. Unfortunately Mark would be
on vacation the week we would be there, but promised to have Frederick Gerday take
care of us in his absence. From the moment he met us at the boat when we arrived to personally giving our bags in at the airport when we left, he was an absolute pleasure
to deal with both on a proffessional and personal level.He took care of our every whim from
restaurant reservations to excursions. He was so on top of everything.

Of all our travels we have never been taken care of the way that we were by Mark and Frederick. Together they are an amazing team and we could see that they had alot of respect for there employee's which in turn showed throughout the whole resort. All of the
staff, from the spa to the restaurants made you feel as if you were the only one at the resort.
They never pushed and were so accommodating.

If you can, I know it is pricey but you must visit this resort, It will blow your mind. We even had
and e-mail from Frederick when we got home, Thanking us just for coming. Who does that
now a days, we honestly can't say enough about the place.It is truly magical.

Laurie and Stephen
Toronto, Ontario

Date of stay: February 2012
5  Thank Laurie G
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Out stay at St Regis on Bora Bora exceeded our expectations and then some. With its beautiful location, lush landscaping, large villas, great selection of food at 3 restaurants and outstanding service, St Regis is without a doubt the best resort on Bora Bora. As well, the package available from Richard Bondurant of Custom Tahiti Travel for our stay at St Regis, was exceptional. Richard was able to arrange an upgrade for our villa, free breakfasts, a free dinner at a resort restaurant of our choice, a free couples spa massage, a complimentary bottle of champagne and cheese tray on our arrival, 5 pm late check out on the day of our departure, as well as all flights and transfers at an unbeatable price. Richard was always available to answer our many questions by both internet and telephone.
When I asked Richard whether we were receiving the best pricing possible, Richard suggested that I shop around and offered to refund our deposit in full not withstanding that the due date for a refund had long since passed if we were not fully satisfied with what he was offering. After doing some comparisons, I happily concluded that Richard had indeed secured the best pricing possible for us.
The combination of the beauty and service of St Regis, together with the excellent package from Richard at Custom Tahiti Travel resulted in in a fantasitc vacation experience.

3  Thank happytrails2012
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We had our wedding at St. Regis. The choice was mostly between Four Seasons and St. Regis, and we are very happy that we selected St. Regis. Rumors say there are more kids, less romactics, and less privacy at Four Seasons (we concur), but more than that, we have discovered that the restaurats, service, and more importantly the sizes of the rooms and location was by far better at St. Regis. Not to mention that St. Regis is some 4-years old, and Four Seasons is clocking well past 10. Claudia at Pacific-for-Less was the key person in helping us to make the decision; not to mention that the package that she ahs prepared for us was such that we simply could not say NO to it, both for price but also for a multitude of perks and additions that were added to it by Claudia. Next time we book anything to French Polinesia - we go to her!!
The most amazing part of staying at St. Regis was its staff - all are most professional, but also extremely personalbe, friendly, and helpfull at all times far beyond the call of duty. Karine was our wedding coordinator - and let me tell you, she was the best peron you would want to coordinate your wedding! From the initial email contacts, through the arrival and first days, through discussing miriad of minor items of attention, and finally through the weding itself - she was an amaising resourse, but also most pleasant and frendly and helpful person that you could think of. The list goes on, and we would love to point to at least several people who made our stay a very special one: Miledy in charge of the main restaurant was awesome; Chef Sebastian took our imagination away with his Michelin 2-stars if not 3-stars cooking (and, to note, we are quite spoiled and experienced in international travel over many years, coutries, and 5-star resourts and plush restaurants). Our most frequent waiter Chloe, fresh from Nice France, was most helpful in making our breakfast mornings a happiest time of the day.

Now, a few tips. Going to the main island turned out to be a dissapointment. There was a very promoted restaurant there called La Mahana - supposed to be a haven on Earth; well, it turned out to be somewhat mediocre average French restaurant at the very nice setting, of course, but the food was well below our (hyped by advertising) expectations. Most dissapointing, their "wine pairing" was truly pitiful (crazy overprised, 2-ounces sips, and most off-target pairings on top of it). We could not help but tell the Chef at the end that "we were not quite impressed, and expected more". This was a bummer.

On a good side, the snorkeling trip around the island was amazing - if you have a luxury to ask for Billy (the local boat driver who happens to be a musitian and sings really nice local songs all the time, and entertains you, and cooks for you, and gives you great tour of the island) - definitely ask for his tour! For us, he has not only cooked all meals on the private island at lunch, but also made all the plates from palm leaves himself, just for our trip.

Again, call Pasific For Less, and just trust them when they are trying to help you!

Room tip: The higehr-prased rooms facing the mountain have less privacy - there is some considerable traffic on the water from dawn to dusk; if you want the view and going to be formally dressed up on your deck at all times - gof for the mountain view. If you want more privacy and like to go skinny dipping - definitely go for laguna rooms.
Date of stay: February 2012