2,386 results
All reviews butler service te pahu oasis pool sushi the miri miri spa far niente aparima bar personal butler couples retreat golf cart premier overwater villa our honeymoon fish main island jean george swim up bar four seasons
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Bora Bora was our third stop in French Polynesia and probably our third favorite. The island is, of course, amazing and I'd recommend it for any first time visitor, however, if my husband and I are lucky enough to go back, we'd probably skip it as we just found the other islands/resorts more our style.

We were at this hotel at the end of low season and it showed. Again, this is an AMAZING resort, but for the money and the St. Regis name, my husband and I were expecting a bit more. That being said, our over water bungalow was unbelieveable, the size, the cleanliness, the decor - everything was just right.

Definitely consider this hotel for your stay in Bora Bora.

Room tip: Over-water bungalows are definitely the way to go!
Date of stay: March 2011
4  Thank terrisabo
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed here with my husband on our honeymoon and it was way above and beyond our expectations. Their service and staff was friendly and with the help of Pacific for Less we received free dinner on the beach, massages, and champagne. It was worth paying for the hotel quality and room was above other resorts that we've stayed in. If I were to come back to Bora Bora, I dont think I can stay at any other resort. I was really nervous about the weather in Nov. It did rain but only our first day and it was beautiful the rest of the week. The highlight of the trip was the shark/stingray excursion! Thanks for making our honeymoon trip amazing Jennifer.

Room tip: Choose the room facing Mt. Otemanu for great sunset views.
2  Thank Catherine H
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The St. Regis Bora Bora is a wonderful hotel. What separates it out from other beautiful properties is the unbelievable customer service. They truly go above and beyond to make all your wishes come true. I do not state this lightly and am a tough critic. The staff and service are simply amazing. Warm, kind and with a "can do" and "will do" and "go beyond your expectations" attitude. It all starts with the check-in. You are met at the boat with fresh towels to wash your hands. You are gently ushered into a sublime lobby and seated. You are offered refreshing tea. Your butler handles the check-in. You never have to go to the front desk. If you arrive early, your butler shows you the property and you can have a chance to have a delicious lunch and drink overlooking the beach. The rooms are gorgeous - over the water. The setting is absolutely beautiful. Truly one of the most gorgeous places I have travelled. The water clear, blue and gentle. The restaurants are excellent and the breakfast buffet great. We were really torn between the St. Regis and 4 Seasons prior to our trip. We found out that the 4 Seasons caters alot to families with small children - ikes! Not for us, even though we have a teenager. We treasure serenity, peace and try and avoid small, loud children. We did see young kids, but they were at a distance and the St. Regis provided a truly serene experience. My only criticism of the room would be that the bed was a little hard and the blinds did not work that great on one window. But these are minor and can be corrected. Our family left feeling relaxed, refreshed and bonded. The St. Regis made it so.

Room tip: We purchased this trip via a tour company and wish we had just booked ourselves. The tour company guaranteed an automatic upgrade, which we got, but as a Starwood member, I usually get a better upgrade and would have booked myself and requested a Deluxe or Premier room facing the mountain. We faced the beach in a Superior room, which was fine, but my preference would have been the mountain.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank gourmetwashington
Reviewed 3 December 2011

A wonderful experience for honeymooners and seasoned travellers alike. The over water bungalows are exceptional. Billion dollar views, with hug beds, bathrooms, and lots of space. High end food, and exceptional wines. Great management. An top choice for a special island. For me Bora Bora is my favourite island on the planet.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Globetrotter747_11
Reviewed 30 November 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights this month. It was a fantastic experience!!! The hotel truly lives up to its name and its very posh and comfy. The staff (from bellhop to butler to concierge) is all top notch and VERY attentive, they remembered our names and room number after just a few hours of being there, we felt so at home, didn't even have to keep giving our room number for them to ring us up, they said they would take care of it. (and no, they didn't overcharge us or anything)

The other big highlight here is that they don't nickel and dime you for every single thing, for ex. FREE shuttle to the main island, FREE snorkeling gear, FREE bikes to ride around, FREE late checkout (4pm), FREE towels around the pool, FREE peddle boat, FREE wakeboards, FREE windsurf boards, FREE kayaks (list goes on but I think you get the gist)

If you wanted something they didn't have readily available, they would find a way to accommodate you... I wanted lychee juice, Laurent at the pool bar made it happen. Teeny at the towel stand taught me how to peel a coconut and climbed a tree to get me a fresh one, couldn't ask for more happier and helpful people.

They have a butler service, the butler is, in a way, your personal liaison at the hotel, ours took care of everything for us all we had to do was make a call and it was done without any hassles or follow ups.

Overall, they take great care of all their guests and make sure that every one of your needs (and whims) are well attended to. FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE.

Room tip: The over-water villas in the 200's and 300's are a bit away from the main hotel but they have a golf car service that picks you up in 5 mins or less, so not an issue no matter where you stay.
1  Thank melb79