“fabulous flightseeing”

Sheldon Air Service
More attraction details
Owner description: Sheldon Air Service is a family owned and operated business located at the Talkeetna State Airport. We have over 30 years experience flying from Talkeetna to the glaciers of the Alaska Range. We offer personalized flightseeing trips with glacier landings, transportation for mountain climbers and adventurers and charter service 12 months a year.
virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“fabulous flightseeing”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We went on a fabulous fightseeing tour with Sheldon Air Service. Our pilot Jacques took us to Ruth Glacier where we landed and played in the snow. He then flew us through the Alaska Range where we saw Mt. Mckinley up close. He was really knowledgeable about the area and gave a constant narration of what we were seeing. We had beautiful clear weather and it was an absolutely amazing trip.

2 Thank katzend

• Polish first
Wind Lake, WI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Once in a Lifetime, Awesome Tour!”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We took the Grand Tour around McKinley and landed on the Eldridge Glacier. The tour was worth every cent. Scenery so beautiful, it's hard to describe...we were blessed with clear, blue skies, so we could see for miles and miles! Believe the positive reviews about the friendly, local family owned and run business. Our pilot was A+! Give Sheldon Air Service a call if you're in Talkeetna, you won't regret it!

3 Thank Jeanette G
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great service for a solo climber”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I was a solo climber this May. I had to wait in Talkeetna a day or two, but when the weather cleared, Dave flew me out immediately by myself. He was having as much fun as I was: "You did that just to impress me, didn't you." "Yes".
On my way back out, I had to wait a day or two as well, but when a brief weather window cleared, Jacques came out and picked me up, by myself, while climbers from the other services waited, and we took the long way home in a grand private tour. Holly had warm cookies ready for me when we landed to celebrate my summit.
Couldn't have been more pleased with the service.

Visited May 2011
3 Thank James12027
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The only way to go flightseeing is with Sheldon Air”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My boyfriend and I recently took a trip to Talkeetna and went flightseeing with Sheldon Air service and I have to say please trust me and use their service. They are family owned and operated and the kindest people we met in Alaska. Holly, Don Sheldon's daughter, was extremely nice and personable and I am so glad i got to meet her. From the moment we got there they made us feel at ease about flying (as I am terrified of small planes). The flight was so smooth and the pilot was extremely knowledgeable. I cannot say enough good things about these people and their company. Just trust me - you have to book through this service!

Visited September 2011
4 Thank lizzy W
Trapper Creek, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Do It!!! Come FLY with THEM!!!”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This was defintely the trip of a lifetime. I'm a local resident, but was touring with a freind from the outside. The weather was almost perfect. Good Enough!!! We took the Mountain House Tour. Spectacular views! David and Holly, as well as the rest of the crew, were down right NICE!. This is real Alaskan hospitality by real people who love what they do. The Sheldon and Lee families pioneered aviation in AK and are a plethera of information. David's naration of the flight was outstanding and his navigation supberb. You people shine...Keep It Up Up and Away - Come Fly With Them - you won't regret it........!!! Thank You Holly, David, and Crew

4 Thank AK99683