“Food WONDERFUL food”

Faridas Cafe Bar Restaurant & Icecream
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Orewa
Reviewed 17 March 2018

This really is a case of don't judge a book by it's cover the exterior and interior are not prepossessing. What you are coming for is the glorious food.

Strolled along the beach front restaurants and the menus were a bit ho hum. Made the effort to go back and look at the Menu at Faridas and decided to give it a try.

Just blown away with the quality of the food. Beef cheeks, just fell apart, delicious ratatouille and the sauce to accompany the beef WOW yes I had the beef and my wife the lamb again beautifully cooked and presented.

Lovely homemade profiteroles to finish and sticky date pud for my wife again absolutely fantastic.

If you love your food you must visit. It's all about the food, glorious food. Excellent value for money.

We will go back again and again.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

OMG....just over a year ago we tried this gem of a restaurant for the first time at the start of our 2017 holiday. A year later we are back and so happy to see that Faridas is going stronger. The restaurant was very full. Managed to get a table for 2. Looking around every plate was empty when the dinners had finished their food. Testimony to the amazing quality. My husband had the calamari starter and prawn main course. He was blown away again. The quality is still there. My lamb was perfectly cooked and the veg was amazing. No wonder the place was packed. Wow, wow, wow!!! And the service was second to none! And then we had dessert.. date pudding and ice-cream to die for. We'll worth coming back again. Thank you!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

What a shambles, the service was very poor. I understand they are busy on a night like this but I was so annoyed that we had a booking, we couldn't get any service. Waited ages for drinks, our mains arrived and we hadn't even got our entrees and yet they were still excepting walk in's without bookings!! if you can get around the fact the place has no ambience the food is actually good when it arrived.
The experience spoilt the romance of the night

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We had booked into Faridas by phone having eaten here a few times before. Upon arrival they couldn't find our booking as they had misspelt my husbands name.. Ushered to our table and handed menus were were left alone for 15 minutes, no water or offer for drinks. Another couple got up and left without ordering. Husband went to the bar "could we at least have some water at the table". When pouring still water, I asked for sparkling which didn't arrive. Another 10 minutes left before we waved at a waitress to remind of sparkling water and to take our orders. The meals when arrived were well cooked and tasty as can be expected by this chef/owner. The service and wait time was poor and the acoustics are shocking in the restaurant when busy - very hard to make conversation (should have done the modern thing and got our phones out)!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

need more staff for special nights, but meal was excellent, wine list good too, definitely be back, great to have a good local