“Great first visit - Will go again”
Review of Amy's Cafe

Amy's Cafe
Ranked #40 of 51 Restaurants in Orewa
Reviewed 17 March 2017

My partner and I had 1 mocha and for past barista I am very happy to say, it was a very nice coffee. I am keen to see if it will be consistent.
We had 1 tea, which was made in a nice size pot with hot water which could be sipped straight away. I found the tea did not get bitter which is nice.
We had a straight forward toasted sandwich, nothing fancy.
We also had a Sweetcorn Fritter which had a nice side salad with dressing and a nice tomato sauce on the side. It was one large fritter that was cooked nicely. They added a few vegetables and herbs which gave it a nice taste.
I enjoyed the easy listening music which was at a nice volume to allow easy conversation.
Comfortable chairs. The tables could be in better repair.
There was a large 1962 photo of Orewa which is a nice touch.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 7 April 2016

Small cafe in main shopping area. Tried the ham cheese and pineapple omelette as well as a toasted ham and cheese sandwich. Both very good. Their coffee is also good with good prices. Nice touch that a small choc chip biscuit came with each coffee.

Staff were pleasant and effective. Recommended cafe.

Date of visit: April 2016