“A slice of paradise”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Villa Jamara

municipal gym
It's good cycling country
At the mud baths
The lake
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Simon R
“A slice of paradise”
Reviewed 6 December 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Wow, what a fantastic villa and perfect place to stay! The location near to the harbour-side was not too close to the town but far enough out that it was quiet and away from it all. The views from the pool are amazing and although quite close to other villas it is very private with the lush gardens and beautiful flowers and trees surrounding the house.

Our group ranged from people who wanted to do activities every day to those who wanted a week of relaxation and everyone was happy as there is so much to do close by. We didn't even need to hire a car. We used the bikes to cycle to the beach and enjoyed the amazing view of the reed beds below- a definite recommendation. Those who didn't want to bike took the bus and met us there.

We also walked to Kaunos, the ancient city and visited the mud baths. Again, easy to get to and highly recommended. I have just noticed that Dalyan is on Trip Advisor's list of top 25 places to visit in Europe - not a surprise as it is so beautiful.

We will definitely be coming back to villa Jamara.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
19 Dec 2014
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Villa Jamara. I look forward to welcoming you again.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
7 Dec 2014
I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at Villa Jamara and found that it met your expectations. It is certainly in a most beautiful part of the world and I hope you will be able to visit again in the not too distant future
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Travelling group: Friends
7 Dec 2014
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay again and look forward to welcoming you in the future.
A_J9189
Bagshot, United Kingdom
“Family friendly”
Reviewed 19 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

As a family of 8 adults and 2 children we recently stayed here for 2 weeks. The villa itself was nice enough, looked just as the pictures showed. The rooms were spacious and tidy and reasonably clean, had clean sheets and towels. Aircon worked well and was adjustable in each room to your own preference. Child friendly with stair gates, high chair (although this was filthy so we didn't bother using it) and travel cot (this was very very uncomfortable and needed substantial added padding to be sleep able in). The pool was nice although very deep with no shallow end so only adults could stand in it. There is a hot tub however this was also too deep for our 15 month old to stand in. Location is great, quiet area with stunning mountain scenery yet close to town and restaurants and shops. There were some negatives however. The cleaner never came after the first week to change bedding and wash towels although she was supposed to. The dishwasher didn't wash properly. No wifi as apparently it wasn't working which was a big disappointment. A couple of the showers were really weak at the best of times and turned from boiling hot to freezing cold when you were showering. One of the downstairs ensuites had a fowl smell of sewage most of the time too. There are only showers in the villa no baths which was very awkward with our baby. There was no security around the villa, anyone could walk in through the gate to the pool area and also could get into our garden from other surrounding villas. The area surrounding the pool felt small and cramped and not very sociable with no a lot of playing room for children and wasn't very safe either. A final comment id like to make is that we arrived in the middle of the night and were assured there would be plenty of bottled water and some food for breakfast for us. This wasn't the case, there was 1 bottle of water for 10 of us and nothing else and as it was the middle of the night we couldn't go out to buy some. Overall I think this could be a better villa with some improvements however I wouldn't return.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
21 Sep 2014
I am pleased that your found the position of the villa central and the views beautiful. I was very sorry to hear your comments about the things that were wrong. In your pre-arrival email from me you were given details of how to contact our agent (they are only 7 minutes walk away, if you don't have a phone) You do not say whether you contacted our agent to address the issues you have mentioned but we have always found them helpful and very reliable. You were also given my mobile number in case of emergency and you did not contact me to help you with the cleaners not turning up mid holiday etc. I am very sorry about the Internet but due to a traffic accident the telegraph pole was knocked down and it has been difficult to get it repaired. I did arrange for a dongle to be supplied which should have given you a basic connection. You were notified of this prior to arrival.
Regarding the lack of "breakfast" you say that you were assured there would be bottled water and breakfast. You emailed me before the holiday on this matter and I will copy my reply " I don't think anything will be open at the time you arrive. However, there will be a "welcome pack" which has a small amount of basics to tide you over, tea, milk, biscuits.etc I am not sure if water is included, but we always drink the tap water and have never been ill. If you don't want to do this or have a young baby just boil it first.​ There is a small mini market at the end of the road ( 2 minutes walk ) which will be open very early"
I am sorry you did not get in touch with me as it is important to me that my guests enjoy their holidays and leave on a happy note. As you will see from ALL my other reviews ALL other guests have enjoyed their stay at the villa and very many of our guests have visited several times.
I note that your name is different from the person who made the booking so it is possible there has been a breakdown of communication.
Devon
Reviewed 13 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful villa in the most stunning holiday destination.
Liked least: nothing ,it was all wonderful !
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
14 Sep 2014
I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the lovely area around Dalyan and that you found the villa such a good place to stay. Yes, being so close to the town is an added bonus.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing