Lowest prices for your stay
US$65
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$65
Trip.com
US$63
Agoda.comUS$64
FindHotelUS$71
eDreamsUS$65
All reviews sapa town rice fields the main house local village beautiful view hot water bungalow valley vietnam trekking relaxation guide retreat lodge fireplace heater tours
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2020

I volunteered at Eco Palms for two weeks in December where I spent my time teaching English and drinking lots of delicious cinnamon tea. Some highlights of my stay were taking a luxurious bath in the Thai House, one of their romantic suite bungalows, and doing yoga in the morning looking out at the beautiful rice paddies. It was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my trip and honestly, I could write a whole short essay about why this is the place you should go to on your next trip. Eco Palms is perfect for a peacefully quiet and absolutely stunning vacation. The location exactly resembles a postcard or photo advertisement in the airport for Vietnam. Beyond the amazing nature views, the amenities are incredible: the bungalows are both luxurious and cozy, the food is delicious, and Eco Palms offers a variety of activities (trekking with local guides, spa, and cooking classes) but what really makes Eco Palms special is their staff. The owners, Hien and Kahn, are absolute sweet hearts and run the business as a family and the staff was quick to welcome me as if I were part of that family, even though there was quite a language barrier. Everyone there are just really kind, special people and I miss them already!

Room tip: romantic suites have amazing bathtubs
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 28 December 2019 via mobile

not a 5 star hotel, but a 6 star experience!
The restaurant is at Michelin level.

This assessment must be at least 200 characters long but the above words are sufficient in my opinion. Maybe it's not superfluous to report that the owner and his wife are driven and friendly. The staff is also extremely friendly.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2019

What an incredible sanctuary! We very much enjoyed our stay at the Eco Palms House. The quiet balcony of our private bungalow (Hmong House) offered a prestigious view of the mountains (for one morning, but totally worth it before the fog set in - off season). The hot cup of Vietnamese coffee and tea (packets secretly refreshed on the daily) made the view even sweeter, especially in attempt to beat a mean case of the jet lag. The staff was attentive and downright joyous to be around. The owners connected us with a trekking guide, Sue, who was the perfect fit adventure wise. We also enjoyed our server, Viet, who laughed with us and was eager to teach us some key words in Vietnamese. The food was immaculate and authentic. The service was just perfect. Overall, this experience, for us, felt like a stay at a 5-star resort. Thank you for taking such good care of two travelers from Denver, Colorado!

2  Thank jlchadek
Reviewed 8 December 2019

I agree with all the other glowing reviews so will just add a few points. This is a quiet location well out of town, which is far preferable in my estimation to staying in Sapa. It is important to understand that it's a rustic mountain lodge, not a luxury hotel, Our room (not a bungalow) was small and unheated (except for a space heater and electric blanket), so we spent much of our time in the common area, which has a fireplace and is a very enjoyable place to hang out, have tea, etc. Bungalows are likely more comfortable to stay in. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and meals were much more sophisticated than I expected. We were especially pleased that they were able to accommodate my wife's dietary restrictions. We really enjoyed the time here and would recommend it highly. Note: because it's not in town, it will help if you are using a guide who can pick you up and drop you off between trekking.

2  Thank George W
Reviewed 4 December 2019 via mobile

This place is spectacular ! Great location - near to town, but still in a very peaceful spit. The views are breathtaking - both from the rooms and the main hang out area. The staff is always available, very attentive and friendly. Their cinnamon tea is delicious! Full bar, delicious traditional food choices, cozy atmosphere and fire place inside. It felt like a home away from home!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple