Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
Hotels.com
1,270 results
All reviews eco lodge infinity pool sapa town rice fields views are stunning red dzao local minority shuttle bus local village lao cai clouds mountains guide vietnam scenery hike cabin
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2022 via mobile

The place is a breathtaking!!!
We stayed 2 nights with our little girl. Super helpful and friendly staffs.
Love the mulled wine was offered before dinner. Did ourselves grilled corn and sweet potato by a fireplace.
You can even swim even it is 5degrees outside!!!!! Our daughter spent hours there.
Thanks to Thang the restaurant manager and all the staffs made us a memorable trip at Topas. We definitely will come back!

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Christian Milling Nielsen, General Manager at Topas Ecolodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2022

Dear Thanhhientran,

Winterly greetings from our mountain winter wonderland.

Thank you so much for taking your precious time to share your feedback, I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed some of our winter activities, Sa Pa can during the winter season have limited views, but there's a very special atmosphere that makes up for it.
Your kind comments will be shared with the whole team as I am sure that your review will encourage them to continue giving the best Sa Pa service to our guests.
One of our goals at Topas is to provide once in a lifetime experiences, and I am so happy to hear we accomplished that.

Again, thank you for giving us a chance to serve you. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 August 2021 via mobile

My friend and I’ve just had a wonderful getaway trip at this stunning resort. Every single detail was just perfect: comfort shuttle bus, beautiful suite with spectacular views, amazing local food, and helpful, generous and service-minded staff, especially we would give a big credit to Mr. Thang-Restaurant Manager.

The atmosphere and moments that Mr.Thang and his team curated for us was memorable. Attention to details, genuine and thoughful service like rarely seen at the other hotels. We could not ask for more than that.

We will definitely look forward to coming back to Topas Ecolodge.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Rita_Truong
Christian Milling Nielsen, General Manager at Topas Ecolodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2021

Dear Rita_Truong,

Warm greetings from the mountain clouds.

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful Topas Ecolodge experience.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the family of Topas are working hard to make sure that our guests is being well looked-after.
We are currently a big family of over 100 members from 5 different local minorities and a few hand-picked managers.
I will be sharing your generous feedback with them all, as I know that it will encourage them even more to be giving the best Sapa minority service.
We are very lucky to have the pleasure of working with Mr. Thang, he recently returned to our mountain top after one year away.
Again, we thank you so much for giving us a chance to serve you.

We will all be looking forward to welcoming you back again one day.

Reviewed 27 June 2021

It's no wonder Topas Ecolodge is one of National Geographic's 'Unique Lodges of the World.' We've seen nothing else like it. Every room at Topas is a standalone bungalow with panoramic mountain views. High-end units are available with two levels and heated floors, but we found our regular room to be just fine for the two of us. The crown jewels of the resort are the heated saltwater infinity pools terraced in the style of the surrounding rice paddies. Breakfast was good, but the coffee offered with breakfast wasn't great - we had to go down and buy better coffee in the lounge. Dinners were very good, especially the Christmas dinner. I wish I were ten years younger so I could have eaten so much more! The main drawback of Topas Ecolodge is that you can't leave campus without being relentlessly hounded by local trinket peddlers. We would have loved to hike more, but we just couldn't shake the ladies following us. They would not take 'no' for an answer, and it become too much rather quickly. We recommend visiting Topas Eco Sapa once - it really is beautiful - but we probably won't go back to this particular Topas establishment although we would certainly like to visit other Topas lodges. Topas Eco Sapa is a bit too expensive for the lack of toiletries in the rooms, subpar coffee at breakfast, and - most importantly - inability to explore off campus in peace. If you do visit, Topas can arrange a shuttle, and their shuttle gets you to Sapa considerably faster than most drivers who take the route up to the border town of Lao Cai and back down into Sapa. Topas drivers take a route to the south that cuts the trip in half. If you're flying into Hanoi for your stay, try to coordinate your arrival and departure times to utilize the shuttle service. Enjoy!

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank globepouncing
Christian Milling Nielsen, General Manager at Topas Ecolodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2021

Dear globepoucing,

Warm greetings from our Mountain wonderland.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your winter holidays stay at our mountain home. And thank you for choosing Topas Ecolodge to celebrate Christmas Evening.
I'm very happy that we made it a very memorable experience for you.

All your kind feedback have already been shared on our Monday meeting, thank you again.
I am however sorry to read you didn't enjoy the French press coffee provided at the breakfast. We have since your stay changed to another great local Vietnamese coffee, and I hope, if you are to visit us again that you'll enjoy this one. ​
We believe our greatest assets are the people who work at Topas Ecolodge who all take great pride in their job, but our heated infinity pools can be hard to compete with at times.
I take note of your experience when venturing outside our property with the Red Dao minority. While being lovely ladies can their sales techniques be off putting for some. We now have an established tour desk on site, offering guided tours in the panoramic scenery.

On behalf of the entire family, thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back one day.

Christian Milling Nielsen

Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

This hotel is breathtaking ! Extraordinary scenery, extreme comfort in the modern and beautiful rooms, swimming pools are unique and food is delicious ! The staff is very kind and the level of service is very good ! I highly recommend this hotel, number one in Vietnam for me so far !

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christian Milling Nielsen, General Manager at Topas Ecolodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Dear Anaisd295,

Greetings from our Mountain Home,

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful experience after your recent stay with us at Topas Ecolodge.

Indeed, the views from our private mountain top bungalows is a perfect place to take a break and inhale the true undisturbed nature.
Our Stilthouse Restaurant is a spectacular spot to indulge your senses and enjoy our cuisine, and hopefully next time you wish to visit us, can we offer an unique new dining experience with even greater views.
Our local minority staff have worked hard to get to where they are today. But its all worth it when we get comments like this, thank you once again.

The family and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.
Until then, stay safe, be well.

Reviewed 11 May 2021 via mobile

We stayed at Topas for 4 nights in mid May 2021. The location is spectacular and the hotel takes full advantage of it from the villas, main restaurant, spa and most of all from the pool. The rooms are simply yet pleasantly and comfortably furnished with the emphasis on the view. The menu in the restaurant is limited but adequate with an emphasis on fresh locally sourced produce and authentic Vietnamese flavours and a quite adequate drinks and wine list. We went trekking, on bike rides, enjoyed the spa and the pool. Topas is not 5 stars and doesn’t aim to be. It is as it’s billed - an ecolodge designed for people who want a comfortable stay with an aim to enjoy the beautiful scenery and remote location and do so with an aim to sustainable tourism. For us it was a beautiful restful holiday in a very romantic peaceful location.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christian Milling Nielsen, General Manager at Topas Ecolodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2021

Dear Eugène,

Greetings from our Mountain Haven.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at our mountain home.

Each of our private white granite Bungalows are spectacular with their Scandinavian minimalism, ethnic minority rustic texture and views over the Hoang Lien National Park.
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed some of our on-site activities and your dining experience. We are about to finish a new Wine & Dine cellar with limited seating, I hope to present it for you next time.
We strive for perfection and loving kindness by our staff and offer a place of peace and gentleness where mind, body and soul are restored. I'm happy you found it all here in paradise.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime.

Christian Milling Nielsen