4 people are viewing this hotel
US$257
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$254
Agoda.com
US$229
Hotels.comUS$254
TravelocityUS$254
PricelineUS$257
1,260 results
All reviews eco lodge infinity pool rice fields views are stunning peace and quiet red dzao shuttle bus lao cai hanoi clouds mountains guide scenery hike english trekking tours
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2021

It's no wonder Topas Ecolodge is one of National Geographic's 'Unique Lodges of the World.' We've seen nothing else like it. Every room at Topas is a standalone bungalow with panoramic mountain views. High-end units are available with two levels and heated floors, but we found our regular room to be just fine for the two of us. The crown jewels of the resort are the heated saltwater infinity pools terraced in the style of the surrounding rice paddies. Breakfast was good, but the coffee offered with breakfast wasn't great - we had to go down and buy better coffee in the lounge. Dinners were very good, especially the Christmas dinner. I wish I were ten years younger so I could have eaten so much more! The main drawback of Topas Ecolodge is that you can't leave campus without being relentlessly hounded by local trinket peddlers. We would have loved to hike more, but we just couldn't shake the ladies following us. They would not take 'no' for an answer, and it become too much rather quickly. We recommend visiting Topas Eco Sapa once - it really is beautiful - but we probably won't go back to this particular Topas establishment although we would certainly like to visit other Topas lodges. Topas Eco Sapa is a bit too expensive for the lack of toiletries in the rooms, subpar coffee at breakfast, and - most importantly - inability to explore off campus in peace. If you do visit, Topas can arrange a shuttle, and their shuttle gets you to Sapa considerably faster than most drivers who take the route up to the border town of Lao Cai and back down into Sapa. Topas drivers take a route to the south that cuts the trip in half. If you're flying into Hanoi for your stay, try to coordinate your arrival and departure times to utilize the shuttle service. Enjoy!

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank globepouncing
Christian Milling Nielsen, General Manager at Topas Ecolodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2021

Dear globepoucing,

Warm greetings from our Mountain wonderland.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your winter holidays stay at our mountain home. And thank you for choosing Topas Ecolodge to celebrate Christmas Evening.
I'm very happy that we made it a very memorable experience for you.

All your kind feedback have already been shared on our Monday meeting, thank you again.
I am however sorry to read you didn't enjoy the French press coffee provided at the breakfast. We have since your stay changed to another great local Vietnamese coffee, and I hope, if you are to visit us again that you'll enjoy this one. ​
We believe our greatest assets are the people who work at Topas Ecolodge who all take great pride in their job, but our heated infinity pools can be hard to compete with at times.
I take note of your experience when venturing outside our property with the Red Dao minority. While being lovely ladies can their sales techniques be off putting for some. We now have an established tour desk on site, offering guided tours in the panoramic scenery.

On behalf of the entire family, thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

This hotel is breathtaking ! Extraordinary scenery, extreme comfort in the modern and beautiful rooms, swimming pools are unique and food is delicious ! The staff is very kind and the level of service is very good ! I highly recommend this hotel, number one in Vietnam for me so far !

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christian Milling Nielsen, General Manager at Topas Ecolodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Dear Anaisd295,

Greetings from our Mountain Home,

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful experience after your recent stay with us at Topas Ecolodge.

Indeed, the views from our private mountain top bungalows is a perfect place to take a break and inhale the true undisturbed nature.
Our Stilthouse Restaurant is a spectacular spot to indulge your senses and enjoy our cuisine, and hopefully next time you wish to visit us, can we offer an unique new dining experience with even greater views.
Our local minority staff have worked hard to get to where they are today. But its all worth it when we get comments like this, thank you once again.

The family and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.
Until then, stay safe, be well.

Christian Milling Nielsen.

Reviewed 11 May 2021 via mobile

We stayed at Topas for 4 nights in mid May 2021. The location is spectacular and the hotel takes full advantage of it from the villas, main restaurant, spa and most of all from the pool. The rooms are simply yet pleasantly and comfortably furnished with the emphasis on the view. The menu in the restaurant is limited but adequate with an emphasis on fresh locally sourced produce and authentic Vietnamese flavours and a quite adequate drinks and wine list. We went trekking, on bike rides, enjoyed the spa and the pool. Topas is not 5 stars and doesn’t aim to be. It is as it’s billed - an ecolodge designed for people who want a comfortable stay with an aim to enjoy the beautiful scenery and remote location and do so with an aim to sustainable tourism. For us it was a beautiful restful holiday in a very romantic peaceful location.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christian Milling Nielsen, General Manager at Topas Ecolodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2021

Dear Eugène,

Greetings from our Mountain Haven.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at our mountain home.

Each of our private white granite Bungalows are spectacular with their Scandinavian minimalism, ethnic minority rustic texture and views over the Hoang Lien National Park.
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed some of our on-site activities and your dining experience. We are about to finish a new Wine & Dine cellar with limited seating, I hope to present it for you next time.
We strive for perfection and loving kindness by our staff and offer a place of peace and gentleness where mind, body and soul are restored. I'm happy you found it all here in paradise.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime.

Reviewed 21 April 2021

Heard about this ecolodge 2 years ago before I moved to Vietnam then made it a bucket list item. It did not disappoint one bit becaue it was more than advertised. The pool and the stunning view do not need me to comment more since there are millions of reviews on that. I want to say that the service was excellent, and the food from the restaurant was absolutely delicious. The majority of the employees is of ethnical minority, so they mentioned their English might not be the best. However, I am giving two thumbs up for their efforts and willingness to communicate. I had no issue at all getting what I need and understanding them.

If you are tired of the beaches and want a different kind of getaway, look no further. I can't see anywhere else better than here!

Date of stay: April 2021
Christian Milling Nielsen, General Manager at Topas Ecolodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2021

Dear Eric T,

Greetings from our Mountain Paradise.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA, I am happy to read that you truly enjoyed your stay and your experience with us recently.

It is an honor and truly wonderful to read that we have been a part of your bucket list, and on top of that exceed all your expectations.
Topas is working hard to provide education and work for the local minorities, so we deeply appreciate your kind comments.
I have shared your positive feedback with all our departments today, and what a way to start the week with positive vibes.

The Topas family and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime.

Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

Recently visited Topas ecolodge for a 3 day 2 night getaway. The property is beautiful with beyond words location and scenery. The rooms are well maintained and have a wonderful view of the rice fields or the mountains nearby. The heated pool with the view is just spectacular.The food menu is limited but they make up with the quality of food, service and their generous portion size. Topas team did their best to make our stay comfortable and even gave us late check out option since our flight was late in the day. Thank you Topas team for such a good time

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christian Milling Nielsen, General Manager at Topas Ecolodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2021

Dear 497sudeeps,

Greetings from our Mountain top.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Topas Ecolodge,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed every bit of your private bungalow, and the spectacular views from our outdoor heated pools.
Our food menus are inspired by the surrounding environment with sustainably source local ingredients and I will pass on your comments to our Chef and Kitchen team.
I must give special thanks to your appreciation of all members of our team. We are one big mountain family and we believe that the nature of this positive bond reflects onto our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Christian Milling Nielsen.