2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
MGallery
PricelineUS$113
Hotels.comUS$113
TravelocityUS$113
ZenHotels.comUS$116
All reviews chic restaurant absinthe bar french architecture la couple amazing design spa manager mr huy beautiful hotel swimming pool front office manager cable car station memorable stay breakfast buffet is mountain range deluxe room checking out great view
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2020

We heard about this hotel last year from a cable TV show called Executive Class. Seeing how grand the hotel is, with its location in the middle of picturesque Sapa, we decided to have our next vacation in this place. Our family of seven had a grand vacation experience at the hotel. We arrived with warm greetings and welcomed with hot towels and cups of hot chocolate. Check-in was very smooth and easy by a warm and fluent receptionist. The rooms were picturesque and very comfortable. My sister and brother were given complimentary birthday treats, and they were sprawled on the beds in their room accompanied by a delicious birthday cake. The Absinthe bar was extremely cozy—despite the cold weather—with all its plush sofa seats and very welcoming bartender who gave us extra snacks for our drinks. The locally made plum wine was sweet and tasty! Chic restaurant for our breakfast was extremely grand, with a wide array of dishes and a very approachable waitress who asks us intermittently what we need. Our pool experience at Le Grand Bassin was extremely great and comfortable, with the warm interior of the room and heated pool that we had all for ourselves at that time. Checking out of the hotel was great as well, as we had a little chat with the warm and friendly receptionist Ms. Giang while she guided us to Sapa station at the side of the hotel for our trip to Mt. Fansipan. All in all, our Hotel de la Coupole experience was perfect and extremely exceptional. We are sure to recommend the hotel to our friends back home. We are absolutely going to come back to Sapa and stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Minh Hoang, Marketing at Hotel de la Coupole Mgallery, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2020

Dear Q7924SMchristinep,

Thank you very much for the great review regarding your stay at Hotel de la coupole - MGallery Sapa.

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities from Absinthe Bar, Chic Restaurant to Le Grand Bassin Pool and you were satisfied with services provided by our staff. I will share your comments with the team, especially to Ms Giang at Reception, and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2020

Indeed to rate this hotel has been a challenge, but we think it is very important to try and develop some points here.
Let me start from the beginning:
As we arrive, there is someone at the door that does not react. It took time until he understood we were guests and needed help with the luggage.We are finally in and greeted with an exquisite small cup of hot chocolate. We learn the famous “Marou” chocolatier has a station here ( do take advantage of this! You will not regret it... unless you do it too much!)
The design and architecture of this hotel is just out of a dream! Totally AMAZING! and we believe that even if you see nothing else in Sapa, you have to try and go around this hotel.
The food was inconsistent. We learnt that Chef Basha needed to leave the kitchen for a couple of days, and after one first great meal, everything colapssed to cold, dry, over salted, undersalted, jus bad food. He came back, everything was splendid again. Breakfast In the buffet is abundant, varied, but not tempting, in my opinion. I still do not understand, however, how the hotel manages to put out so much food, while may be ten people are staying here in this period.
Room service (elements brought on the tray) can become surrealistic. This s the result of the even more surreal miss-communication pattern. Staff speak very little English if at all. Analogical language (of sign?point? gestures?) No. They do not understand you. Not even a bit. They stand there looking at you. Some are better at it. Not the rule.
The hotel, freezing cold, everywhere except in our room. Freezing to the level of heavy jackets. We were advised that engineers were “working” on it.
The spa... 17cc is NOT a pleasant temperature to lay down on a massage table, which they keep on adjusting until it boils, then they uncover your back and there is breeze and it is totally unpleasant. I almost got up and left. The girl in the spa, not much experience, though I’d been told she had good reviews, kept on sneezing, I had to tell her to wear a mask. A towel placed on my head fall down twice, was picked-up from the floor and re-placed.
The shower went from burning to super cold water... there seem to be a dis regulation and they are also working on it.
So the general feeling has been that La Coupole is a beautiful ghost/shell building, with a lovely chef, and restaurant manager Miss Lien. But the establishment is not ready to operate just now.
I got to love Helen Hang Vo, the Front Office Manager, who got deeply involved and concerned about all the troubles. She was already aware of most of them and I tell you, she has my deepest admiration, for her job is truly very hard!
Working with locals proved to be extremely challenging. But everyone at managerial level went out of their way and were there for us, including the Spa manager. The problem is hotel managing needs resources, and I am talking to you, big corporative fishes of Sofitel >Accord. You cannot do magic, if you lack a hat and a rabbit. The hotel needs a middle layer of well trained-responsible-awake people between the management and the rest of the staff AND the guests. So, the rest of the stay we were in a bubble, but can this bubble expand to 200 guest? As I said before: it is a challenge. Will see if this is realized at a corporative level. Now is up to you to decide, to come, to try or to just wait that this hotel is done with its running-in period.

3  Thank alexandraorloff
hoteldelacoupole, Front Office Manager at Hotel de la Coupole Mgallery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2020

Dear alexandraorloff,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a detailed feedback. We are glad that you were impressed by the hotel design and some department managers.

As the comments had been shared with us during your stay, we had taken the immediate actions to address these issues with the team. Please rest assured that we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and focusing on staff training is our top priority. As the first international five star hotel in Sapa, we are working on developing the local talents, and building the service culture for the minority tribes looking to expand their futures.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope that your next visit will be more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed 6 February 2020

We were there in late January 2020. We have nothing to complain about this place at all (except for the spa we did not have enough time to experience it) but I would rather want to recommend the traveller(s) to try it for yourself.

All in all this place is absolutely fantastic and value of money! We had a great time there.

Date of stay: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear PKSeet,

Thank you very much for taking time to share us your experience regarding your stay at Hotel de la coupole.

We are very delighted to know that you had a fantastic stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2020 via mobile

We loved this hotel, the staff it’s extremely nice special mention for Huy the concierge. The pool is extravagant, so enjoyable!! There is many option for breakfast. We loved our stay and will come back if we stay in Sa pa again. Thank you so much

Date of stay: February 2020
Minh Hoang, Marketing at Hotel de la Coupole Mgallery, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2020

Dear Manonnico,

Thank you very much for the great review and the 5 star rating.
We are very delighted that you had a great stay. Your comments will be passed to the team, especially to Huy at Concierge, and I am sure that everyone will be very happy to know that they had served you.

We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2020

I stayed at Hotel de la Coupole Mgallery by Sofitel for my birthday. I had a problem that I couldn't book bus tickets from Sapa to Hanoi during Chinese New Year.
I therefore sent an e-mail to this hotel for help. Mr.Michael, a concierge staff, replied me fast and he could find bus tickets for me.
This hotel is very beautiful and the best in Sapa.
I will recommend this hotel to all my friends who visit Sapa.

Somkiat

Date of stay: January 2020
hoteldelacoupole, Front Office Manager at Hotel de la Coupole Mgallery, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2020

Dear Somkiat K,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hôtel de la Coupole - MGallery.

We are very glad to hear that you considered our hotel as a very beautiful and the best hotel in Sapa.

Your comments are also shared with the team, especially with Michael in Concierge, and I am sure that he will be very happy to know that he had served you.

Thank you again for sharing the comments and we look forward to seeing you again.