“Awesome pork ribs by the beach”

Bu-Ba-Q's Barbeque Bar & Grill
Ranked #55 of 380 Restaurants in Canggu
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Echo Beach Bar and Grill Canggu is set in an ideal location just a few meters from Echo Beach, enjoying fantastic views and cool ocean breezes. We are proudly Australian owned and operated, and have been open since June 2013. With over 15 years' experience in hospitality and sales/service we are sure we can provide you, our valued customers, great food, great value, a great atmosphere, and legendary Balinese service. We invite you to enjoy a great range of BBQ meats, and famous Indonesian dishes along with autehntic Asian meals, a great range of wines, beers and spirits all at great prices and service. We also offer live sports and live entertainment, along with strict western health and hygiene standards, with traditional Balinese warmth and hospitality. We can cater for any function, large or small and have successfully done Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc. Echo Beach Bar and Grill is the perfect location for BBQ or Indonesian food . Ocean views, parking, and free WIFI
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I found this place on trip advisor and thought we would give it a go! Food was fantastic. My partner and I had the pork ribs, chips and salad. The ribs were amazing and such a great price about $16 AUD, could not finish all the ribs... they serve you 1 kg. Great view of the beach and the band playing next door was awesome too. Staff were lovely and provided great service. Would totally recommend this place.

1  Thank rae37
Peter4488, Owner at Bu-Ba-Q's Barbeque Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Hello Rae, and many thanks for this very very kind review. We are so glad you enjoyed the location and service and of course our signature BBQ Pork Ribs. We certainly hope we will se you again soon at Bu-Ba-Q's. Warmest regards from the management and staff .

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Been here few times for their best pork ribs and never disappoint. This Sunday they have new live entertainment and i really surprised that they were awesome. Great place for bbq and enjoying the night with nice live music. And the beers are cold too. Well done n i really recommend for Sunday night relaxing time at this restaurant.

Peter4488, Owner at Bu-Ba-Q's Barbeque Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Hello Stanley and many thanks for this very kind review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write this and we certainly hope we see you again soon at Bu-Ba-Q's Echo Beach . Warmest regards from the management and staff

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

So... Came because of the reviews I should stop doing that... I decided after a while of conversing with the waitress to go for the grilled Gourami... Because the menu was highly inflexible when it comes to changing the grammage of the food... Anyway, long story short... It arrived deep fried, oozing with oil and presented with the excuse that this is how they do grill fish
Anyway, the waitresses couldn't apologize more... still, very disappointed and very hungry

Peter4488, Owner at Bu-Ba-Q's Barbeque Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Assholo. We are very sorry to hear about this review. All of our reviews are genuine, so we do not understand why you felt so disappointed. The menu indeed is very flexible offering a range of options such as three different potato dishes and four different salad options with every BBQ dish. The Asian menu offers choices of rice, fried or steamed, stir fried veges and different sambal and sauces.. The proteins (fish - whole fish 350 grams min , chicken 200 grams min, steaks 250 grams min, ribs 500 grams min etc) are all pre-portioned to ensure quality and quantity - as per any quality restaurant. After viewing the CCTV footage it was obvious to me you ordered the whole fish Guarami Bakar (grilled). Corresponding CCTV footage of the Kitchen shows it was in fact Grilled and not deep fried as you assumed. Please note Indonesian Ikan Bakar (Grilled Fish) is of course covered with a special sauce, and we do apologise if they we over zealous with the sauce. I do concur that my staff were extremely apologetic, and polite, and we have never ever had a complaint over our fresh fish in four years of operation. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again and have chance to prove our quality of food and service .. Kindest Regards from the management and staff at Bu-Ba-Q's.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

When they say "monster ribs" they aren't lying! My eyes were bigger than my stomach. Lucky I had my offsider to help me get through it all. Definitely the juiciest / sauciest ribs I've had in Bali.

Hand sanitizer and mosquito repellent spray was a nice touch too.

Definitely can't complain about 25k for bintang too.

The staff were friendly and attentive. The ribs I ordered were cooked on a bbq basically in front of me, giving me the opportunity to see exactly how my meal is cooked should i want to.

The meat on the ribs literally slid off the bone as I picked it up. I couldn't find any fat and the meat was tender.

My girlfriend had the nasi campur and was satisfied with her meal too.

The place is great value for money and I could see it being a great spot to watch the sunset as you enjoy a meal.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Overall, our early dinner was enjoyable and good......the factors that made it so were the beautiful attentive staff and the really charismatic karaoke singer...he just made you smile! Yes, the music was too loud to have a normal conversation, but it was great to sing along to....he is an asset. Must say I wasn't overly overwhelmed by the ribs....and I love ribs! They were good, but not "monster" size as described on the menu....just enough for one. ...so I must agree with Clusterpfaft and his review.

Peter4488, Owner at Bu-Ba-Q's Barbeque Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Many thanks for this review. We are so glad you enjoyed the service, staff and the Band particularly. Our singer is a real character. I apologise if you were not 100% satisfied by the size of the BBQ Pork Ribs. We do try very hard with our signature dish and Guarantee the portion to be a minimum of 500 Gramms with your choice of potatoes and salads etc , which for the size and price is the best value - by far - in the area. Our Monster Monday special is 1KG of BBQ Pork Ribs, again with your choice of potatoes and salad etc and always very popular for the bigger eaters.

We hope we see you again very soon, and maybe try the Monster Monday Special.
Kindest Regards from the Management and staff at Bu-Ba-Q's