“Great food”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2018

On a recent visit to Kovalam my partner and I ate in coconut grove most evenings. The food was always great especially the fish. It's all displayed and kept on ice for you to choose. We had fantastic Butterfish, Red snapper and Kingfish. The fish is all freshly caught locally. Alcohol is available, served in china mugs with the bottles wrapped in paper and kept under the table. The staff were also great and treated us well. Hello to Adjay, Sunil, Sunny and Paul. Look forward to returning soon to see you all again.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

I chose a seabass/sea salmon asked for a fillet from the large uncut fish. Agreed a price of 600 rup. My dinner arrived, it was a cutlet so small not a fillet as requested from the fish shown. I asked the fish man why my fillet had not been cut from the fish he said "We keep it fresh out the back" What it was I do not know. That's not choosing your fish. After a heated argument we went.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We ate here four times during our stay , and could not fault it . Beer in mugs , great tiger prawns , spicy curries, attentive waiters ,good value .

Reviewed 19 February 2018

They serve extremely fresh seafood
Go for grill if you wish to taste the freshness of the day's catch
Had crab and prawn here for dinner

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Coconut Grove is our favorite restaurant in Kovalam Beach due to consistently good food and friendly service. We enjoyed everything but the Masala Fried Calamari are especially good.