All reviews unique hotel breakfast restaurant basement architecture property ihg flushing china toilet tub
Reviewed 21 April 2018

I stayed at the Indigo Tianjin for four nights visiting with my family. Chose this hotel because it was close to where friends and family lived in the city. The hotel is pretty unique, composed of a number of bulidings in a triangle layout with a central courtyard. Though the architecture is nice, the room was a bit odd. Many of the floor boards were separated and were coming up. The sliding 'door' to the bathroom was broken so we couldn't have any privacy between the sleeping area and the bathroom. The shower area would constantly flood because it didn't drain well. They knew we had 3 in the room but kept giving us 2 towels each night. Maid service was spotty and didn't seem to clean very well.

We also saw very few people at the hotel, making the stay somewhat creepy. If you went through the basement, it was dark and deserted, gave me chills. On the day we left, we left for the airport at 4:45AM, and they had turned of all the lights in the courtyard! Couldn't see anything at all. Had to walk through darkness to the lobby. The german restaurant seemed abandoned, didn't try the other breakfast restaurant. There weren't many adjacent shops nor restaurants really close by. All in all in it was close to family so for me the location was okay, but I would stay elsewhere next time.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe is the The Inn Boutique brand of IHG. First of all, I would like to express my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience in your stay. Because it is the The Inn Boutique, the lighting design is not so spacious and bright as the Traders Hotel. The management attaches great importance to your feedback. We should improve the investigation and hope to continue to serve you in the near future. I wish you a good day.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Used IHG free night certificate. Availability pretty wide open.
-Bed. Pillowtop soft mattress, extremely confotable
-Pillows. Soft and not too bulky
-Bonus. Free upgrade to superior or deluxe room as a platinum member which also enabled 4pm late checkout. Two free drinks at the restaurant. Robes, slippers provided.
-Food. Did not eat at hotel restaurant. Breakfast extra 60 rmb.
-Bathroom. Three parts. Automatic flushing toilet. Tub. Rainfall shower, all separated by glass.
-Walk-in closet with safe.
-Service: shown to our room by reception desk, nice touch.
-Overall. A little pricey for China if not staying using rewards, but supremely roomy and comfortable.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2017

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo Tianjin for a night in October before Golden Week. The property has a European and trendy feel to it. Check-in was fast and efficient, in addition the staff recognized my IHG Membership and provided me a wonderful gift on check-in.

Once checked in I was taken to my room in one of the small buildings on the property. The room was incredibly spacious and actually felt like a suite. The room was quiet and I found the bed to be very comfortable.

All the staff members I encountered were extremely helpful and spoke good English. They were very helpful with providing me information about Tianjin. They also had no problem in helping me call a DiDi on my mobile phone.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This property gives a feel of European town country side with townhouses as the residential blocks. The rooms are smaller compared to other four star properties I've been in but it does have character. Try to avoid the food here as it's not worth the price or the experience.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience during your stay! Have a nice day.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Old center of Tianjin is really worth visiting. Indigo hotel very very nice. Personnel is not so good with English language, but very friendly. Beautiful rooms, nice area. Breakfast could be a bit better

Date of stay: May 2017