“Worth finding”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We recently tried this fabulous Indian restaurant which served delicious Indian food and had at least one staff member who understood some English, which was a bonus for us. The menu is in English as well, with lots of dishes to choose from and includes a 'spice' rating which was pretty accurate for our tastes. The serves were a good size for us, we chose two curries plus rice and eat everything. Don't be put off by the building it is in - the outside looks run down but there are many restaurants in the complex. The ShangGu Business Complex is three separate buildings, about 3 storeys high, with Bawarchi being in the one closest to the Water Park. Climb up the stairs at the back of the building away from Tianta Road to the 3rd floor and turn right you'll see the sign outside their door. Very welcoming and the best part is the food is so delicious.

6  Thank 345traveller991

Reviewed 4 June 2014

i loved the traditional vegeterian indian food here.i had also taken my chinese friends .they also had a great experience. we had gone there at lunch time but still it was buzzing with many indian tourists as well as indians residing in tianjin.

4  Thank Dharmish M
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I love Indian. I've eaten Indian everywhere in the world, (except India, it seems), and this is my top restaurant. It. is. so. good. The owner is from Pakistan, and so friendly. The restaurant is in the Shanngu business area near the Water Park (also nearby are Oh My Gourmet and Jack's bar) on the 3rd floor in the building across from Jack's. Hank's also used to be in this area if that is helpful. I've eaten a few dishes and wish I could eat here every meal. The prices are reasonable from a Western standpoint and a bit on the pricey side from a Chinese one. But, it is VERY worth it. Delicious!

1  Thank Ler8804
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I happened to reach the place after my taxi driver confirmed the location by talking to someone at the restaurant. The restaurant is located at the 3rd floor; no sign boards outside the plaza, but the person looking after the car parking was the person to guide me; seems many locals know the place; food is served piping hot, fresh and with good aroma. Service is a little sketchy with the juniors but seniors make it up. The owner hails from Pakistan and is very friendly and takes pain to find out the deficiencies; he also adds that something special can be cooked too in case of a dire requirement. The dish I had was the Rajasthan papad with salad as starter, boneless chicken curry, curd rice, aloo parottas, gulab jamun; had packed a biryani Hyderbadi style chicken; raita is not accompanying and one need to,order them separately!! Place is small but ok, four groups were there on that Friday, the Good Friday. Nice to patronize for an occassion.

1  Thank VAS1586
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I went there once with a friend after a long walk to Tian Ta lake. quite nice food and service is ok. but i don't know why the whole building looks like a abandent place. The restaurant is not that big but quite nice to hang out with friends. what I suggest maybe could play some indian music or more indian elments into it would be nicer.