All reviews heavenly bed italian restaurant prego spg hotels the club lounge spent one night high marks massage chair nice hotel during rush hour club manager platinum member business or pleasure great room western food business trip the ground floor high tea
Reviewed 6 November 2016

I stay at the Westin regularly, and while its not as good as other properties in the group (say the St Regis in Tianjin) the staff at the hotel make all the difference. Everyone goes out of their way to make the stay a positive experience. The Club Lounge manager, Jenny, is exceptionally courteous and professional, and is always open to listen to feedback, or is on hand to help out when needed. This trip I also met with the hotel manager, Ugur, and front of house manager, Katherine. It is clear these guys are on point and are looking to constantly improve the service experience. Very timely, as there is a new Four Seasons hotel opened this month 300m down the road, so their attention to detail and service ethic will keep them in the game with the new competition

Room tip: Ask for a room facing Nanjing Road
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TheWestinTianjin101, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Greetings OZ_peter,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We are appreciated about the nice words about our service and our staff, which I have shared with my team.Our staff are always willing put their effort on improving their abilities on please our guests, I'm delighted to know that it make your experience positive and enjoyable.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Back in Tianjin last nigh and stayed at that hotel. Westin is usually fine but goodness, this is such a run down hotel... anyway as you get there the access is challenging because of the narrow street. The lobby looks good but the first encounter at the front d'est was terrible. Piles everywhere, dirty surroundings. The carpet in my room was dirty and the towels like cardboard. As for breakfast, well the hot items were cold, and it's badly executed. The GM should test their own hotel would be my suggestion. Ill go somewhere else next time!

Room tip: My room was a good size but no care, and not clean. I wish they do a better job.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TheWestinTianjin101, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Dear Tealhallmark,
Thank you for staying with us and we greatly appreciate your comments.
It’s sad to hear that for the food items that have given you a less than satisfactory impression. And please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.
We are addressing the challenges you have mentioned with our relevant leaders to make a proper action plan and training to our team to make sure we can meet your preference in the future.
I look forward to seeing you again at The Westin Tianjin to have a renewal experience.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Overall the hotel is nice. But the service is not on par or what you expect from a Westin hotel. What really put the 'icing' on the cake is during my check out. It was just after 1 pm. And there was only one staff at the Front Desk. Of course a queue was there consisting of 4 guests. There was one staff standing near the front desk and I asked her why only one desk is open for both checking out and checking in. And her answer was....it is lunch time now. So only one staff available at the Front Desk. I was speechless...... guess other poor services need not be mentioned.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
TheWestinTianjin101, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Greetings Sandy,

Thank you for staying with us and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered. Naturally, I cannot reverse the experiences you had, but I can apologize and assure you of my personal attention to your feedback.
I would like to assure you that we are addressing the challenges you have mentioned with our relevant leaders and have an ongoing program to rectify points you have mentioned.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Be well

Reviewed 6 August 2016

The hotel is centrally located and check in staff were super friendly having a room ready for me despite checking in extra early. The rooms are very modern but carpets felt a bit dirty. Wifi and AC worked great and I found the hotel super quiet and slept very well. Breakfast buffet was great!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TheWestinTianjin101, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear Pickybiz,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Tianjin for your recent stay and sharing your positive comments with us.
We are dedicated to providing convenience to our guests, as Westin is all about wellness on the road and personal renewal.
It is great to know that you have had a great experience with us especially at our service and breakfast!

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

The Westin Tianjin was a lovely surprise after disembarking from the Ovation of the Seas cruise ship. The room was excellent and their "heavenlly" bed was so wonderful we didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. The Westin is in a great location & everything is within walking distance.

Room tip: Ask for a higher room to enjoy the excellent views
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheWestinTianjin101, General Manager at The Westin Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to know that you have had a great experience with us especially at Westin Heavenly Bed®.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.