See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Nice quite Hotel. Rich breakfast buffet. Wifi need to be improved in rooms. Gym opens at 7 and closes at 9 which is a pity because after a lobg day of work we need to practice little bit by night .

Nice public garden in front of the hotel (just across the street) with Tai-Che practice with old and welcoming nice people.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Dated hotel but supposedly one of the best in the location. Rooms are generally ok however the Wi-Fi needs to be improved and measures to be taken to prevent guest from smoking in the lobby especially the lounge area. Staffs are all really nice and they go an extra mile to attend to your request.

Definitely recommend this place for business travellers.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2016

The hotel is good and l believe the management made some improvements recently.
In general l found the room comfortable and clean but the air conditioning was not working well and the WiFi was really lousy.
The furniture and appliances are good.
The food at the restaurant is good. We enjoyed our dinner and breakfast.
The staff was good too.. but only few can talk English.

Room tip: Ask for a non-smoking room in advance
Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 29 October 2016

I stay here 1 night every 2 months. It's a reasonable hotel that does everything OK but nothing outstanding.

The check in is always quick and professional. The rooms large, bed comfortable wifi good, shower good, plenty of hot water. A little out dated maybe be but nothing really wrong, everything works, well to an extent, the air con in summer cannot be adjusted and the heating in winter cannot be adjusted.

I have only ever eaten lunch in their restaurant (4:30 am checkout) which was quite a good buffet.The food is not targeted towards international guests, but that's ok.

The location is away from the centre of Tanggu, but if you are willing to explore a bit it's colourful neighbourhood. Out the hotel If you walk right and then across the road there is a local market, good eye opener to new visitors, at the end of the market tucked behind some building on the left is a courtyard / parking area with 6 or so restaurants. Lots of pictures of menu items so it's easy enough to choose something, cold beer and in the warmer months an outdoor BBQ.

For a night or 2 on business trip the hotel serves a purpose.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 30 December 2015

I stayed in the RUIWAN NEW CENTURY HOTEL in Tianjin for about 3 nights with my wife. This location is presented as a 5-star hotel based on different media publications in different marketing communication channels.,
Our first impression: at the reception and in the whole hotel lobby area there was a penetrating smell caused by many smokers who are not seperated from the non-smokers. A similar smell was also noticeable in all elevators, our floor (15th) and in our room as well.
The staff on the reception was quite nice when we checked in but unfortunately maybe a little bit untrained which I realised after the first night: after the breakfast, which was ok but far away from a 5-star experience (you have to get everything on your own from the buffet including your coffee as well, the selection is a bit limited), I didn´t get access to our room anymore so I went back to the reception to get a new door-card. The lady on the reception asked me for my passport to repeat the whole check-in procedure. So I told her that I already spent a night in the hotel and that I was just coming back from breakfast. So she told me that she did not find any records, she had no clue who I was and she explained that they might have lost all our document copies. In the evening my wife also got no access to our room so we went to the reception again. The receptionist explained that we didn´t get access for our whole duration of our stay so they changed my wife´s door card and my card again.

The room: as already mentioned we noticed a nasty smell in our room, which was quite big but also a little bit run-down with some damages on the furniture – a piece of the carpet was cut out.
The cleanliness was ok for a hotel in this area but defenitely not spotless (we are prepared for compromises in China). The thermal output and the water pressure in the shower was not constantly convenient. The internet access in the room (in the hotel lobby area as well) is, typically for China, really slow. Our highlight was, and I really want to use this opportunity to thank the hotel, that we got a small plate with some fruits (two apples, a banana and a mandarine) and some small bottles with water from the hotel. We really appreciated this.

Overall feeling/the atmosphere: it is quite noisy in the hotel, but that´s a typically characteristic of many hotels in China (I live in China). We felt that the hotel is really doing a lot to make our stay to a convenient experience. But there´s still a lot room for improvements. As a Consultant I spend a lot of time in hotels and I think I am really qualified to compare this hotel with others: I slept in 3- and 4-star hotels in China (also in much smaller cities) which were better prepared and compared to a hotel from my home country Germany I would personally classify this hotel between 3 to 3+ stars max. Due to the smell, the conditions of the room etc. I personally don´t feel any luxury atmosphere which should be one of the minimum requirements for a 5-star hotel in my point of view.

Date of stay: December 2015