“Great Food - Watch Your Timings”

Acapulco's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 69 Restaurants in Soldotna
Reviewed 23 July 2018

I've been to Acapulco's a few times. First, this new location is way better than the old one. Second, you want to stop in during normal service hours. I found that if you get there between shifts it's going to be really hit or miss on the service.
This latest stop, the service was eventually great (see below) and the food came in plentiful portions. The flavor was not 5-star, but it was a solid 4, which is great for Kenai/Soldotna. The prices are on the lower end of the mid-range.
I gave a 3-star review because our first waitress all but ignored us and was ridiculously rude. I flagged down another waitress and asked if she would mind moving us to another table (in what we had noted was her service area) - she did and took over our service. It was fantastic. I don't know if something was said or not, but later in our meal a manager stopped by to see how things were going.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

If there's anything to be said about this place, it's that you never feel like a customer. You're treated like family.

Above all, this place is comfortable, the food is great and you will find yourself becoming a regular!

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went in with our 3 kids and my niece to have dinner. The kids had burgers that came out burnt and were $12 for each plate! My husband and I had Mexican and his was ok. I ordered the Chimi, which is my go to Mexican dish. It was dry and I couldn't hardly cut into.
The 4 burger and fry meals, plus my husband chili verde + 2 beers, and my chimi came out to over $100!
We've only been there once and won't be returning.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

After trying several different Mexican restaurants, we finally found one that is the best of all. Will eat here again on a future trip

Reviewed 5 August 2017

While seemingly out of place...Acapulco's offers an excellent menu of Mexican dishes, among a few other typical American entrees for other choices