All reviewsferry dockwould highly recommend this placeperfect placewonderful experiencecommon areasfast ferrysmall boat harborthe ownersecond floorice creamin townoff the beaten pathplace to staysmall townroom was cleanmarytim
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in May and absolutely loved
it! Mary was amazing and open arms to us like family. She has put some extra little touches of art and comfort into her extensive remodel of this gorgeous harbor side property!
My wife loved the heated tile in the bathroom each day after cold breezy days of hard fishing in The Cook Inlet. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Seldovia.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2017

We have used the Sea Parrot on multiple occasions over the years. Having our own vacation home in Seldovia we regularly have more visitors than we can accommodate. We always draw upon Mary and the Sea Parrot to house our overflow guests. The rooms are very tastefully decorated and have a very "at home" feel. They are quiet and front onto Main Street - overlooking the small boat harbor and beautiful Seldovia Bay. We have regularly had our parents and in-laws stay and access is easy even for seniors. Plus they have their own cafe and ice cream shop inside the building with making it easy to grab food, coffee or a treat without having to venture out. Being "locals" we regularly grab food or a smoothie at the cafe. In addition the second floor deck provides some of the best views in town!
Seldovia is a great little community with much to do in town and the surrounding area. It is just a short ferry ride (or plane ride) from Homer and getting around is super easy. The fishing is excellent with a number of charter operators based there plus one can rent kayaks, hike, beachcomb or just visit the local shops and establishments.
I highly recommend the Sea Parrot Inn for a long weekend or week to enjoy all the activities Seldovia has to offer!

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are best for views and deck access
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2017

We spent Memorial Day weekend in Seldovia and stayed at the Sea Parrot Inn. We enjoyed it so much we came back for Labor Day weekend. The rooms are clean and very inviting. The Alaskan art everywhere gives the entire place a comfortable homey feel. The owner, Mary was incredibly helpful with any questions we had and gave us advice on places to explore while we where in Seldovia.

The food at Perry's Cafe was some of the best food we had in Seldovia, it was all flavorful and fresh. I recommend the "Roast Beast" sandwich and the yogurt parfait. Make sure to get some ice cream while you are there. If you get the last scoop of ice cream they give you the entire container and let me tell you, there is a lot more than a scoop of ice cream left in that container. It is like winning a prize.

I had seen pictures of the Sea Parrot Inn before we went the first time, but was blown away by the place itself. This is one of the nicest places to stay in Alaska. You get so much more for your money here. It is a hidden gem and an incredible bargain for the room and service you get for the price. Some of the places that charge double the rate don't have the services and amenities offered at the Sea Parrot Inn.

Room Tip: The Red Herring room has a nice view of the harbor and both rooms upstairs have easier access to the living room and kitchen.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Seldovia. We arrived in the morning, so left our bags at the Sea Parrot while we walked around Seldovia for a while until our room was ready. Our double room with twin beds was clean, comfortable and quiet; also handicap accessible if needed. The bathroom, too. I didn't realize breakfast was included when I made the reservation, so that was a nice surprise. Quite tasty and satisfying with good coffee and conversation. Sitting in the dining area watching the locals come in for their morning java was part of the fun. There's wifi which worked like a charm, and a community kitchen and television that we didn't have time to use this trip. The Sea Parrot is located right at the top of the ramp where the Seldovia Bay Ferry docks and lets passengers on and off. Very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2014

To begin with the positives, the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated, the bathroom furnishings were especially high-end and nice, and the bed was comfortable. We had a different experience from some of the other reviewers, in that we did not find the owner to be helpful. Rather, we got the impression that it was an annoyance for her to have us around. We had planned to leave on the fast ferry, and we thought we had made certain that the ferry would be running on our day of departure. The owner told us she thought the ferry had finished running for the season, but made no effort to find out for us, and just continued to taunt us about it, right up until the moment the captain arrived at the dock to run the ferry, exactly per the schedule we had gotten from the company's website months earlier. The inn is conveniently located right across the road from the boat harbor and ferry dock. But on the other hand, everything in Seldovia is within easy walking distance of everything else. If I were visiting again, I think I might try another place.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ctyankee16
Mary P, Owner at Sea Parrot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review The Sea Parrot Inn. We value your opinions and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
Being able to provide our guest with great service in Perry Café or outstanding hospitality at the Sea Parrot Inn is our main goal.
In this case, the ferries running that day were in question due to the unpredictable weather and seas. Whether the ferries are scheduled to run or not it is my experience that the weather is our guide. That is why I went the extra mile and contacted the captains directly. My uncertainty must of giving you the wrong impression.
It will be my objective in the future to be more informative in reference to ferries schedules.
My hope is that if you do come back to Seldovia that I have the opportunity to sit down and have a cup of coffee and chat.
Safe travels in the future and wish you the very best.