All reviews ferry dock perfect place wonderful experience spent one night common areas fast ferry small boat harbor second floor in town off the beaten path place to stay small town room was clean mary tim parrots surroundings
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in May and absolutely loved
it! Mary was amazing and open arms to us like family. She has put some extra little touches of art and comfort into her extensive remodel of this gorgeous harbor side property!
My wife loved the heated tile in the bathroom each day after cold breezy days of hard fishing in The Cook Inlet. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Seldovia.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2017

We have used the Sea Parrot on multiple occasions over the years. Having our own vacation home in Seldovia we regularly have more visitors than we can accommodate. We always draw upon Mary and the Sea Parrot to house our overflow guests. The rooms are very tastefully decorated and have a very "at home" feel. They are quiet and front onto Main Street - overlooking the small boat harbor and beautiful Seldovia Bay. We have regularly had our parents and in-laws stay and access is easy even for seniors. Plus they have their own cafe and ice cream shop inside the building with making it easy to grab food, coffee or a treat without having to venture out. Being "locals" we regularly grab food or a smoothie at the cafe. In addition the second floor deck provides some of the best views in town!
Seldovia is a great little community with much to do in town and the surrounding area. It is just a short ferry ride (or plane ride) from Homer and getting around is super easy. The fishing is excellent with a number of charter operators based there plus one can rent kayaks, hike, beachcomb or just visit the local shops and establishments.
I highly recommend the Sea Parrot Inn for a long weekend or week to enjoy all the activities Seldovia has to offer!

Room tip: Upper floor rooms are best for views and deck access
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Seldovia. We arrived in the morning, so left our bags at the Sea Parrot while we walked around Seldovia for a while until our room was ready. Our double room with twin beds was clean, comfortable and quiet; also handicap accessible if needed. The bathroom, too. I didn't realize breakfast was included when I made the reservation, so that was a nice surprise. Quite tasty and satisfying with good coffee and conversation. Sitting in the dining area watching the locals come in for their morning java was part of the fun. There's wifi which worked like a charm, and a community kitchen and television that we didn't have time to use this trip. The Sea Parrot is located right at the top of the ramp where the Seldovia Bay Ferry docks and lets passengers on and off. Very convenient.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2014

To begin with the positives, the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated, the bathroom furnishings were especially high-end and nice, and the bed was comfortable. We had a different experience from some of the other reviewers, in that we did not find the owner to be helpful. Rather, we got the impression that it was an annoyance for her to have us around. We had planned to leave on the fast ferry, and we thought we had made certain that the ferry would be running on our day of departure. The owner told us she thought the ferry had finished running for the season, but made no effort to find out for us, and just continued to taunt us about it, right up until the moment the captain arrived at the dock to run the ferry, exactly per the schedule we had gotten from the company's website months earlier. The inn is conveniently located right across the road from the boat harbor and ferry dock. But on the other hand, everything in Seldovia is within easy walking distance of everything else. If I were visiting again, I think I might try another place.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ctyankee16
Mary P, Owner at Sea Parrot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review The Sea Parrot Inn. We value your opinions and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
Being able to provide our guest with great service in Perry Café or outstanding hospitality at the Sea Parrot Inn is our main goal.
In this case, the ferries running that day were in question due to the unpredictable weather and seas. Whether the ferries are scheduled to run or not it is my experience that the weather is our guide. That is why I went the extra mile and contacted the captains directly. My uncertainty must of giving you the wrong impression.
It will be my objective in the future to be more informative in reference to ferries schedules.
My hope is that if you do come back to Seldovia that I have the opportunity to sit down and have a cup of coffee and chat.
Safe travels in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed in Seldovia for the 4th July weekend. The place is great, clean and the staff is really helpful and friendly. We definitively enjoyed. The only con is that the rooms do not have tv, but we didn't miss it so much.

Date of stay: July 2014