No photo provided
Add it.
Sophia's Cafe
Ranked #19 of 52 Restaurants in Palmer
Cuisines: Greek
Description: Mediterranean style cafe, offering gyros, grilled sandwiches, a variety of salads, and desserts. A full espresso bar is provided, including Greek and Arabic coffees and teas.
Reviewed 10 April 2017

This is a fine place to grab lunch - descent food but it's kinda like a warehouse so it's noisy and not at all intimate. Very friendly people. Overall it's a nice place to go when you are looking for something tasty and quick.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

My daughter Sophia loves eating at this restaurant but so do I not just for the name but their homemade bread and soups are amazing. I highly recommend trying their bread rolls. They have many other baked goods that are amazing also. They use whole ingredients and I believe that's what makes everything really good.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Authentic, delicious, thoughtfully prepared Greek food. The ambiance is pleasant and comfortable. Sophia's is staffed with happy, personable folk who obviously enjoy working together. The gyros will make you think you died and went to heaven already.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

The decor, the ambience...well, it's not much. But what can you expect from a simple warehouse decor? But that's not what I went for.

I've driven past Sophia's many times. Daily, for a few years. At the now location and where it started. I've thought 'I want to stop there some time and try it' but never had the 'opportunity' that comes when time, timing and appetite come together. The stars aligned today. I had a 'fasting blood test' so hadn't eaten my usual meat, 'taters and omelet' before going to the doctors; I was hungry. They advertised breakfast. I was driving from the doctors office to work and would drive by there so called and asked if the fixed things 'to go.' The friendly voice on the other end of the line said "yes." It was finally going to happen - I was going to get to try Sophia's Neo Cafe for breakfast.

The greeting - even before I cleared half the distance from the door to the counter - was a great big smile with a 'welcome.' I thought...that's a good start. The young lady at the counter asked what I wanted and promptly figured out I was new to the place. She pointed out the 'specials board' and the espresso menu, and handed me a menu. I told her I wanted a breakfast - I was thinking 'ham, eggs, 'taters, juice, coffee,'you know, a big 'farmers feed.' And, by their menu, it was not going to happen. I quickly figured out that the 'Neo' part of their name addressed the fact that their focus was different. It was not a 'meat and 'taters place,' they had what I'd term frufi food; it was actually mostly Greek-based. But I've been known to try anything, and I enjoy most everything, so I dived in.

The closest and biggest thing they had to 'my kind' of breakfast was the egg'n'cheese sandwich - two eggs, cheese, some special sauce and a 'bacon option' for $1.50. I had a choice of a Croissant or home-baked bread. I opted for the bread and the cheddar cheese, then added the bacon. And I asked for the sandwich To Go.

I added a 'vanilla-mocha (4shots).' And saw some scrumptious fresh-baked cinnamon (sticky) rolls on the counter. I had to have one while I was waiting.

The espresso was delivered to the table within a few moments. It was perfectly frothed on top, no whipped cream, and had a very artful chocolate drizzle on top. It was exceptional. It was served with a great smile.

The sticky bun came next. Hot, with a good-sized dollop of cream cheese topping, it was melt-in-your-mouth fresh and chewy. One of the better I've had in a while. It, too, was served with a smile - and a query about how I liked the bun. How could I answer with anything but a smile back.

Then came the sandwich. It was nicely boxed and in a bag - ready to carry out. And served with a smile, and another query to ensure I was enjoying my meal. I was.

The price for all? A very fair and reasonable $16.75.

Oh, and the sandwich? Well, a while later, at work, after the sticky-bun wore off a bit I opened the box. There was a perfectly browned, about 8", home-baked 'hoagie-type' roll that had egg oozing out of both sides. And it was thick. Packed thick with the two-eggs, perfectly cooked, bacon - cooked just enough to be crisp without being so crisp it was show leather. Like I said, perfectly cooked. I didn't look inside but tasted it. Mmmm, it was good. Another treat was in the box - a healthy treat. At least a half-an orange, sliced just right to eat about eight slices.

So, with a belly full of good food I was able to turn a weak start into a stellar finish.

It's the kind of place I wouldn't normally seek out - but turned in to a place that I'll go back to. I know I can get a nice greeting, a nice smile, and some fine food.

1  Thank Antiquetuck
Reviewed 17 October 2016

We stopped in for lunch and both ordered the soup and Greek salad combo (approx $10 each) I got the lemon chicken soup and my companion had the clam chowder, They both were excellent. A large homemade breadstick accompanied our meal, we couldn't finish the breadstick and they gave us foil to take it home in. There were a few other tables occupied and the waitress did a good job of greeting folks, serving food, being cashier and busboy all in one!

We walked out feeling full and satisfied.