“Thanks Rowland”
Review of Celtic Mist B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodiak Island
Celtic Mist B & B
Ranked #5 of 18 Kodiak Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is probably as good as it gets, away from all the noise and you made us fell like at home.
Thanks so much for helping vac pack our fish for the trip home, this is where I will be staying next year when I come back. Very clean and comfortable, great host and thanks for everything.

Room Tip: Every room is great, and quiet also
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 August 2014

What a great place to stay! In just a few minutes, we felt like we were at home. Rowland is such a gracious host and Sky and Taryn added the down home touch. Thank you Rowland for the trip to the airport, and helping us take care of our fish on the last day. Beds were extra comfy, too. Thank you for sharing your home, stories and suggestions for Kodiak. Have a great time in the Isle of Man this winter!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Loved the rural location away from the center of Kodiak. Rowland is extremely friendly and helpful. He opened up his house and kitchen for cooking our own food. He was extremely accommodating and went out of his way to work around our needs. House is full of fascinating trinkets. The rooms are all different and comfortable. Dogs are delightful and extremely friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

What can I say? I could ramble on and on. I found Celtic Mist B&B through Google. I got lucky. Not only was the guy running it brought up on the Isle of Man (Great Britain) where I myself hailed from, he was also an absolute legend. Rowland is quick to make you at home. His rooms are well kept and clean. The house is beautiful located 11 miles from Kodiak town. If you've visited Kodiak, you're not here for town. You're hear for the outdoors. You're hear for the Kodiak bears, the bald eagles, the mountain goats and of course the fishing!
B&B's are made by their hosts. And this one really is 'made' by the host. Rowland will happily regale you with his life stories, and fix and thing mechanical you have with you that you feel may be irreparable. The guy is a genius. He'll put you in touch with the right guys for the adventures you want to have, all the while filling you in on the adventures he has had.
His two 'girls' (the dogs) are gentle, friendly and as warm hearted and welcoming as Rowland. On top of the warm hospitality Rowland's breakfasts are substantial and will set anyone up for a day of trekking in the surrounding Hills. I have to recommend the local walks..... They are simply stunning! As was the mother bear and her two cubs I watched whilst trekking alone near a local lake.... Just awesome.
Thanks Rowland, you're a great guy, keep up the good work!

Room Tip: I was in Room 3. Loved the way the sun shone in through the trees early in the morning. Not everyo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Where to start. First of all, your host, Rowland, is an awesome individual. He makes a great breakfast and his house is unbelievable. He basically built the whole place himself and will talk to you about anything. The location is great because it is not in the congested section of Kodiak. The rooms were spotless and Rowland would go out of his way to get anything you needed. I would stay here every time I come to Kodiak.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple