“Great Island, Great B&B, Great Host!”
Review of Celtic Mist B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodiak Island
Celtic Mist B & B
Ranked #5 of 18 Kodiak Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2014

What can I say? I could ramble on and on. I found Celtic Mist B&B through Google. I got lucky. Not only was the guy running it brought up on the Isle of Man (Great Britain) where I myself hailed from, he was also an absolute legend. Rowland is quick to make you at home. His rooms are well kept and clean. The house is beautiful located 11 miles from Kodiak town. If you've visited Kodiak, you're not here for town. You're hear for the outdoors. You're hear for the Kodiak bears, the bald eagles, the mountain goats and of course the fishing!
B&B's are made by their hosts. And this one really is 'made' by the host. Rowland will happily regale you with his life stories, and fix and thing mechanical you have with you that you feel may be irreparable. The guy is a genius. He'll put you in touch with the right guys for the adventures you want to have, all the while filling you in on the adventures he has had.
His two 'girls' (the dogs) are gentle, friendly and as warm hearted and welcoming as Rowland. On top of the warm hospitality Rowland's breakfasts are substantial and will set anyone up for a day of trekking in the surrounding Hills. I have to recommend the local walks..... They are simply stunning! As was the mother bear and her two cubs I watched whilst trekking alone near a local lake.... Just awesome.
Thanks Rowland, you're a great guy, keep up the good work!

Room Tip: I was in Room 3. Loved the way the sun shone in through the trees early in the morning. Not everyo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark B

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Where to start. First of all, your host, Rowland, is an awesome individual. He makes a great breakfast and his house is unbelievable. He basically built the whole place himself and will talk to you about anything. The location is great because it is not in the congested section of Kodiak. The rooms were spotless and Rowland would go out of his way to get anything you needed. I would stay here every time I come to Kodiak.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

After an early morning arrival to Kodiak, my wife and I decided to find the B & B. Upon arriving, we were totally surprised by being asked if we were interested in breakfast! Rowland made the best breakfast for us two guests and he kept us amazed by his life's stories and by the interesting information about Kodiak. The place has charm and we enjoyed our stay with the man from the of Isle of Man.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

lovey area, lovely house friendly host. Willing to give you his local knowledge about wheres good to fish and about the island. managed to see a bear on our second night thanks to Roland.
Also willing to teach us how to fillet the salmon we caught.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Nice clean place with friendly owner and dogs. Its down the road from Kodiak. There are nice salmon streams nearby on the main road. Rooms were clean also. There is a nice coffee shop and restaurant nearby. Its out in the country in the woods. You need a car to get here and to get around Kodiak. Bears in Kodiak can be found near the salmon streams but are not a certainty. Look for people gathered on the side of the road and you might see a bear.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo