“Urban comfort at frontier boundary”
Review of Celtic Mist B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodiak Island
Celtic Mist B & B
Ranked #5 of 18 Kodiak Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Let me explain. Once I arrived into Kodiak, I rented a car and headed out to Bells Flats, only 12 miles from downtown. I left behind the urban pace of Kodiak and entered the edge of the frontier. Celtic Mist B&B has all the comfort and hospitality that I need when staying and doing business in Kodiak. The nearby creek in the back of the property draws the wildlife: deer, bear, eagles and fish provides the edge into the wilderness entertainment. Because Bells Flats is closer to the fishing streams, I was able to fish late yet be home by dinner hour. I agree with the others who "enjoyed Rowland's stories", his helpful manner and knowledge of Kodiak. Marty from Anchorage

Room Tip: the room upstairs gave me the privacy to come and go without disturbing the other guests on the grou...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I've stayed at Celtic Mist twice now and will do so in the future when I am on Kodiak. Roland makes a great breakfast and I find the rooms to be comfortable and clean. It is not the Four Seasons, but I sleep better at the Celtic Mist than I do at most hotels.

Roland is a wealth of knowledge about the island as well, which I find helpful in getting around and exploring when I have down time from business.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank r k
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Rowland is a wonderful host with nice accommodations. He has 2 friendly dogs and a gorgeous spot in Bells Flats. The kitchen and general living area could use a vacuum and wipe down but the bathrooms and bedrooms are very clean with comfortable beds, fresh linens and bath towels. Breakfast is delicious. Overall, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank diamondsky2
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I came to Kodiak for the first time for a weekend Kayak trip. I loved Rowland story's, company and great breakfast, not to mention yummy coffee. If your looking for a comfortable, friendly place it's here. Roland directed us to Salonie Creek where for 2 evenings in a row we saw a Sow and her 3 young cub's playing and eating fish <3 it was priceless. Thanks again Rowland for everything :) I can't wait to come back again next summer. Yvette Nissen

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Yvette N
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Beautiful home set back in the woods, quick and easy drive outside of town, wonderful and inspiring host, and a homemade feast for breakfast everyday! Thank you Rowland! We are very excited to come back and visit!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple