US$235
Comfort Inn Kodiak(Kodiak Island)
US$176
ComfortInn
US$194
US$152
Shelikof Lodge(Kodiak Island)
US$157
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I've stayed at Celtic Mist twice now and will do so in the future when I am on Kodiak. Roland makes a great breakfast and I find the rooms to be comfortable and clean. It is not the Four Seasons, but I sleep better at the Celtic Mist than I do at most hotels.

Roland is a wealth of knowledge about the island as well, which I find helpful in getting around and exploring when I have down time from business.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank r k
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Rowland is a wonderful host with nice accommodations. He has 2 friendly dogs and a gorgeous spot in Bells Flats. The kitchen and general living area could use a vacuum and wipe down but the bathrooms and bedrooms are very clean with comfortable beds, fresh linens and bath towels. Breakfast is delicious. Overall, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank diamondsky2
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I came to Kodiak for the first time for a weekend Kayak trip. I loved Rowland story's, company and great breakfast, not to mention yummy coffee. If your looking for a comfortable, friendly place it's here. Roland directed us to Salonie Creek where for 2 evenings in a row we saw a Sow and her 3 young cub's playing and eating fish <3 it was priceless. Thanks again Rowland for everything :) I can't wait to come back again next summer. Yvette Nissen

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Yvette N
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Beautiful home set back in the woods, quick and easy drive outside of town, wonderful and inspiring host, and a homemade feast for breakfast everyday! Thank you Rowland! We are very excited to come back and visit!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KauaiA
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Visited The Celtic Mist in early June 2012. We had already done fishing in Old Harbor and had fish to keep frozen when we arrived. Rowland handled this request quickly and led us to our rooms. We were impressed with Rowlands hospitality and knowledge of the town and area. Rowland discussed the fishing around town and helped us getting a Halibut charter lined up. Next morning we were up early and had a great breakfast. When we got back our host helped us with the fish cleaning chores. The next day was to be our last and Rowland got up extra early to prepare our breakfast so we could go fishing on the Buskin River and yet have time to catch our limits of Sockeye Salmon and still make our Alaska Airlines flight back to Anchorage.

Room Tip: Stayed on the ground floor. The shower is upstairs. (There is a bathroom without shower right next to the room on the ground floor). Rooms are very quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends