All reviews sandwich bar fish skiff trolling boats bait guide airport deer
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Our tour agent arranged a special lunch with crab fest in this island resort. No doubt the freshly cooked crabs will stir up a good appetite. The bonus was a walk in the Heritage moss forest and seeing wild animals like deer and eagle. Beautiful environment. Excellent!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2017

It was a pleasure to be able to rent a well equipped boat. Everything was extremely professional and top notch. the equipment was well taken care of and not beat up like the rentals you find in Florida. The electronics and down riggers all worked well and we were very comfortable following the suggestions on where to fish and how to fish. In all it was a good day. The rental fees were fair and the Yamaha engines use very little fuel when trolling.

Room Tip: Sorry we were there for the boat rentals.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2017

My son and I stayed at Clover Pass Resort June 19 to June 23, 2017. We were picked up at the airport in Ketchikan. Starting off with the shuttle van driver I have to say that all the staff at Clover Pass were very friendly and helpful. They made us feel welcomed when we arrived. The rooms are nice, and have a microwave and fridge, but don't expect anything fancy. The food was excellent. We had prime rib for dinner the first night we were there. Every night we had some sort of seafood with steak. The breakfast was very good with food like eggs, bacon, sausage etc. There was also a nice variety of healthier foods. They have a nice sandwich bar for lunch.
Our fishing package included the fourteen feet skiffs. We fished with the skiff the first day we arrived. I do not have any experience operating a boat. The staff is good at providing instructions on operating a boat. We fished for a few hours with the skiff. The next day we decided to upgrade to the twenty feet Thunder Jet Boats. The staff will provide you with all the instructions of trolling and bottom fishing etc, but you are not guaranteed to catch fish while self guiding. The fishing was very slow for us. The payed guiding companies at the resort caught a lot of fish. If you can afford it, I would suggest using a guide.
The resort is in a beautiful location and the views are great. My son and I did have a great time. We just wished the fishing was better.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank mcbrii
Reviewed 17 June 2017

We came in on the 11:30 PM ferry. We missed 2 turns. The second one was also missed by a trailer in front of us. An employee on his way home noticed the one in front of us, caught up to him, and led us both back to the entrance. Then there were multiple employees (it is past midnight) there to help us safely get into our spaces. They were all smiling, cheerful, and VERY helpful.
The spaces are quite tight but I knew that from pictures when I booked it. We are here to see the Ketchikan sights, not sit in the campground any way!
Only issue we had was not being able to see the signs so late at night. If those are updated with some reflective paint, everything would be good.

Room Tip: No hotel ratings as we used the t.v. part of it.
Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dnkbuck
Reviewed 3 October 2016

The resort is getting old and needs updating. Very small TV's in the rooms and bathroom toilets are small and low and not for older adults who primarily book here. The food was nothing to rave about and the Guests that come here every year to fish all stated that this was the worst dining they have experienced. I found that the deserts were great, the salads very good and the sandwich bar excellent but the main courses to be just average or below. The Staff were all very helpful and eager to please so that made up for the Kitchen problems. If you are a serious fisherman, rent out their 20 foot boats and not the small skiff's. I found the skiffs to be uncomfortable and for a person my size (big), to small to stand to net a fish or play a fish. My overall experience was good and I would return to enjoy the salmon fishing...

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple