All reviewssandwich barfishskifftrollingboatsbaitguideairportdeer
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We just got back from Clover Pass Resort and took extended family and friends from Ohio, San Francisco, and Idaho. We had an amazing time.

This is a relaxed location, the staff are friendly, dedicated, work hard at all hours day and night, and make their visitors feel appreciated, accomodated, pampered and at home. It is very easy to travel to the resort from the airport in "Nowhere, Alaska." The staff make it easy!

The food is amazing. I would go back in a heart beat. And this year we caught three days of sunshine! The fishing was an amazing life/"bucket list" experience. I highly recommend Clover Pass Resort for all ages, all levels of experience in fishing, and for seasoned and unexperience travelers.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2012

M husband and I have stayed and fished from Clover Pass for 8 years or so. We ALWAYS have a great time. The staff and owners go out of their way to make our trip awesome. We have had wonderful fishing guides who also make our fishing experience one that we can only get in Alaska. This year we fished for 3 days and brought home close to 500 lbs of fish (that's 10 boxes!) between 4 of us. Now there is no guarantee on the catching part but every guide we have had in the past will find us something to catch and take home! Ron the cook does an outstanding job of providing a great variety of food. We enjoyed the nightly buffet of fresh sea food, steak, salad, desset........way easy to eat too much! We love Clover Pass and all it has to offer and we will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I recently had the experience of a lifetime at the Clover Pass Resort in Ketchikan, AK. This cozy little lodge set just North of Ketchikan played host to the First Annual Think Alaskan Pink Ladies Classic. A self guided fishing adventure reserved only for us ladies! The rooms were clean, the staff was AMAZING, the food - OFF THE HOOK! They have a private chef that caters only to the guests of the lodge. Breakfast was hot and ready every morning before we headed out for a day of fishing. An AMAZING sandwich bar was completely stocked with deli meats, cheese and fresh cut veggies so you could pack a lunch and not have to return to the lodge for your mid-day meal. If you chose to return, there was always a steaming hot pot of gumbo, stew or soup to warm you up before you headed back out for the rest of the afternoon. The evening meal was GOURMET, and I don't throw that term around lightly. Fresh halibut, steamed vegetables, salad, bread and desert fit for a queen along with many others that were truly incredible during my stays there. Yes, I went back TWICE in 2011 and am going to return in 2012 for the 2nd Annual Think Alaskan Pink. If you like to fish, and you are a lady, then you need to go to Clover Pass!

Room Tip: Top floor facing the water! The view is AMAZING!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We all had an amazing time. Every detail was taken care of including classes on downrigging and boat operation. We were taught knot tying...baiting the hook..even had a cooking class. Food was excellent...plenty of it and loved the sandwich bar that we could pack our own lunchs. How many places would you find Oysters Rockefeller?
The fishing was outstanding..5 gals went out on a charter and we came back with 51 fish..5 of which were halibut. The day of the tournament dawned sunny and after a huge breakfast we were off fishing until 4 pm. I am please to say I came in 2nd in the Tournament and shared the prize money (donated to the charity of our choice) with a team mate as we both weighed in the same 4.5#. I feel I learned so much but the comradry and friendships are the best prize of course I brought home close to 70# of fish! I had a note today from one of the gals..she asked me when I was coming home to Ketchikan..that I was missed. Wow. I cannot wait for august 11, 2012. Clover Valley Resort is the best vacation I have had..they just know how to take care of you!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank fshndva
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We arrived pretty late in the day and we were picked up at the airport by one of The Clover Pass shuttles. The driver was a really cool guy. Took his time and even showed us around town a little before heading out to Clover Pass.
We got checked in and got settled in. Like I said it was a little late and the restaurant was more or less closing down for the evening, but the hostess put together some dinner plates for us so we did not have to go to bed hungry.
The rooms are a little small and are a little dated, but I knew it was a fishing lodge and was still very comfortable.
The rest of the trip was just perfect. The staff actually cares. One morning we were late for our pre-booked guided tour. Again the same hostess packed our lunch for us knowing we would not have time to make our own.
If you are looking for a great all around Alaska fishing lodge, then Clover Pass Resort is the right choice. Can't go wrong.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business