“Great place at the "end of the road"”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tree House Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 34 Restaurants in Kenai
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 16 October 2014

What a great find at the "end of the road" in Nikiski. It is definitely a local place and nothing fancy but the food is good, the serving sizes are ample, the price is good, the staff is friendly and I will return whenever I am in Nikiski.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

A friend offered to buy me lunch and told me to meet him at the Tree House. I'd planned on trying it anyway so was looking forward to it. He was fairly well known there and had a good rapport with the owners and some of the diners. It's a 'homey' place where friends come to meet and eat.
I looked over the menu and decided there were too many choices to work through. Among other things I noted a $9 all-you-can-eat lunch buffet with pizza, salad bar and soup (chili). I'm not one to argue with a wide selection for a meal. He ordered an omelet.
Just as I was getting up from the table the next table over got their meal - and it looked scrumptious. I asked about one of the plates (allowed because I had been introduced to them by now) and found out the whole plate was covered by a chili-burger and fries; more than a hungry man could eat. And really good looking chili too.
The salad bar was extensive with numerous kinds of peppers, olives, salad fixin's, cottage cheese, etc, etc, etc. While the just-salad-fixin's, like onions, tomatoes, cheese, etc. were a bit sparse, the overall selection available more than made up for it. I came back with a full-sized plate with edibles from the 'salad line' and a nice bowl of chili. All was fine and I was almost filled to the brim.
But I had to try the pizza. There were a few varieties (and I was asked as soon as I approached the selection if I saw enough of what I wanted) so I tried three; i left one more that looked equally as good behind due to space on my plate and in my stomach. They were all good.
It's not the Ritz but it's great for Nikiski and will ruin a perfectly good appetite. I'm going back another day while I'm here.
Oh, and the omelet is one of the reasons I'll go back. It looked good and the plate was overflowing with food.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is just a real good cafe. Lunch pizza bar and salad bar Sliders and what looks like really fine deserts. price is right too. Breakfasts are plentiful and good.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Great food, good price, decent service! Worth a stop if your in the nikiski area!

Been to Tree House Restaurant? Share your experiences!