“Good food, long wait”

Louie's Steak & Seafood
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Kenai
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Went for breakfast at 10am on weekday. Not very crowded. Classic Alaska lodge look. Many large stuffed animals. Ordered simple egg breakfast. Took about 30 min to get food. Eggs and bacon were good. Ok price - not cheap. I would recommend if you have the time

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

My friend who travels to Kenai monthly on business recommend Louie's. The ambiance is unique with taxidermy all over the walls, but the food was a bit lacking. The clam chowder was some of the best I've ever had. My friend didn't recommend the broiled halibut, but I ordered it anyway. It was dry and overbroiled, with no butter, seasoning or sauce on it. The crust on the bread was quite dry and it didn't have much of a sourdough flavor.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We ate here after seeing the reviews, it is not moderately priced, it is expensive with no option of anything cheaper. The food was decent, but not worth the price. I’d be happy to save $10 per plate and have a normal size serving. If you are a big eater, then it might be worth the price.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

There are not to many choices in Kenai which we didn't realize before hand. Exhausted and tired after a full day of vacation activities and just arriving in Kenai around 8 p.m., we wanted a decent filling meal. The hotel clerk actually recommended another restaurant which we walked out of after being ignored for 10 minutes.
To tired to decide which was worse the food or the waitress's attitude. To tired for a redo on the food. The waitresses attitude was bad. The bread should have been served before or with the meal. We were practically finished when it arrived. The spaghetti looked hours old and the side of rice had a chemical taste. The salmon was pretty good. Took all of my grace to leave a tip (not 20%). How many times can you walk by a table and not stop or look to see if the guests need anything. We were there mid- August. I guess they had a financially sound tourist season before we got there. By the way we usually tip 20% cash!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Recommend by our host at a local B&B .Made a reservation for a booth and was seated at a table 10 minuets after our reserved time.Order Calamari and a bottle of Pinot Grigio after our first choice of wine was not available. The Calamari was quite good , then ordered the pasta seafood Alfredo. After both tables close to us were served their meals ; I asked our waitress if our meal was coming. It did after one hour an fifteen minutes after placing our original order . The Seafood pasta was thin with out much flavor,Both the owner and waitress apologized for the poor service, but did not offer any other options for their lack of service. Will choose other places to dine in the future.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Louie's Steak & Seafood? Share your experiences!