Aspen Extended Stay Suites(Kenai)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$147
US$176
US$143
Kenai Airport Hotel(Kenai)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$116
US$126
US$98
US$85
Diamond M Ranch Resort(Kenai)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$39
Pitchup.com
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$115
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$277
Hotels.com
All reviewscaptain tombig ironhalibutking salmonjimmy jacksockeyethe riverfishing tripsilver salmonbig jimtop notchcombo tripcatching fishmy sonsea lionsgreat folksan absolute blast
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Jimmie Jacks Lodge is located overlooking the ocean with a view of the volcanos ! Spectacular views , amazing food and lodging accomadations that will make you feel at home . Loved the fire pit overlooking the ocean while we thought of all the fish we caught that day !

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Awesome staff, fishing, lodging, etc. You can't go wrong with Jimmie Jacks. Trip is very well organized and scheduled. All you have to do is be there. Wonderful experience and am already booked for King Salmon in June.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Just let them know how many in each room and they will accommodate you.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2017

I have had nothing but excellent experiences while at Jimmy Jacks. I found them on my second trip to Alaska and have used Jimmies ever since. He has always worked with my schedule and seems like he adds new things to make a return trip better. I look forward to my next trip and fishing out of Homer.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Fishing schedule was very organized and efficient. The fishing guides were friendly and courteous. They all really knew how to catch the fish species we were going after. The lodge was definitely five star. The lodge staff was wonderful.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Be very careful when booking a trip with Jimmie Jacks. We booked a trip with them requesting halibut/rockfish full day trip.we specifically asked to not fish for salmon because we live by the great lakes and salmon fish often.when you pat $600 per person we wanted to fish for something different. Well when we got to th w boat the captain stated we would be spending 1/2 the day salmon fishing. I tried talking to him twice stating this was wrong and seriously did not even respond to what I was saying. To top it off we had 5 people in the boat and he would troll with 2 lines. Everybody had a different color wrist band so we all had to take turns reeling in the fish. This went on for 4 hours. We were beyond frustrated. Finally we got to go halibut fishing but only caught small ones. The largest was about 32 ". Seas were flat 1-2 waves. Captain said water was too rough yo go out further. We think he just wanted to save fuel. When we got back I called and emailed stating our frustration. They admitted they made a mistake and said they would get back to us twice.As expected they never did. It's my opinion they just wanted to fill the boat and take our money. Between the captain and Jimmie Jacks office I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. We were very specific with our request and got taken advantage of.
Andy (Wisconsin)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andy C
TheJimmieJack, Owner at Jimmie Jack's Alaska Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you to this guest for their review of the way their charter went out of Homer. My office staff and I have had many conversations about what went wrong on this trip. We are always dedicated to improve and learn from mistakes. I have spoken to my Captain about this trip, and the weather far out was not good. This is where there are bigger halibut and rockfish. So he chose to double up on salmon and halibut closer in. We always let our Captains call the shots for safety reasons. In this case, our Captain should have had more of a conversation and communicated more about the reason he was fishing the way he was fishing. He will be sure to communicate better in the future. I know that our office called and spoke to this guest twice, and I called and spoke with this guest as well. We did follow up on this issue to understand what went wrong. There was an obvious lack of communication from our office at the time of booking because we do not book halibut/rockfish charters out of Homer. We fish for halibut and salmon as a combo. When there are other species that we can target like rockfish out further, we do catch those as well as a bonus. We apologize to this guest that their trip was not as they expected. As always, we at Jimmie Jack Fishing will continue to improve and do our very best to serve our guests as we have for 23 years.