“Great spot to take your dog!”
Review of Cope Park

Cope Park
Ranked #55 of 92 things to do in Juneau
Reviewed 20 November 2017

When I lived downtown, I used to love to walk my dogs to Cope Park. We'd walk (leashed) through the forested area, then cap off the walk with a nice tiring play session in their large dog run. This is one of the only places I know of in Juneau that has a completely enclosed area to let your dog off-leash to play with other dogs. Though it is mostly sand/dirt, my dogs don't care--they love being able to run around unrestricted! There is also what looks like a nice and well-kept playground for children, as well as a maintained path down to the creek for your dogs to get a quick drink--or bath.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

part of our outing off the Nieuw Amsterdam, we were a group of 8 geocachers-CCC-Canadian Cruisin'Cachers, we were caching around Juneau and heading back down by easier side streets, and came across this local park. Easy trails to walk.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Close to the Governor's Mansion, found ourselves in this nice small park. Going through some major upgrades - should before summer is over. Looks like it will be a good place for kids to play.

1  Thank Kurt M
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Beautiful scenery. Some climbing. Absolutely worth the effort. Clear pools and roaring waterfalls through the forest make for a photo and mind relaxing experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

Went to Homestead Park on Douglas Island across from Juneau Alaska while on a city tour. It is a small park on 3rd street that gives a great view of the Harbor. We only stayed for 20 minutes as we were on a tour. Hiked down to the waters edge it was an easy hike. I posted it here on Cope park as when I clicked on the map for Homestead Park it was in the description of Cope Park.

1  Thank BCRON

Been to Cope Park? Share your experiences!