All reviews one foot island island night ootu beach koru cafe wonderful night stay blue lagoon restaurant stunning lagoon lagoon cruise hot water fabulous location local fruit definitely stay here again lounge chairs instant coffee within easy walking distance air conditioning fish
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Met promptly at the airport when we landed, took us less than 10 minutes to reach the village. Was blown away by the scenery, view and location. You can sit under the coconut tree all day and just stare out at the lagoon, everything you have pictured in your mind about a tropical paradise in a idyllic place, like in the postcards. Staff are friendly and helpful. Only problem I had was room housekeeping. Stayed there for 3 days, first day did not service my room despite us putting the for service sign out. Second day just gave a change of towel but did not make up the bed and clean room. Third day clean the room, make the bed but no new towel. Rooms are dirty with cobwebs in the bathroom with spiders on the web and stains in the shower area when we check in. Had cockroaches crawling on the bed while reading a book at night. The resort also give out a endless supply of drinking water. Also bear in mind if you have early start for your activites, breakfast only start at 8am, but even then the food only start coming out at 8am and the water only start boiling at 8am also.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
8  Thank pioneertraveller
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We went to Aitutaki for our honeymoon and chose AV because it is on Ootu Beach, which is said to be to best swimming beach, and this is definitely true - you can swim even when the tide is out and this isn't the case elsewhere. It's also sandy bottom, so no need to worry about corals, etc. We had complimentary airport pick up and the staff were generally helpful and friendly, especially the manager, Tania. The villas themselves are a good size, with kitchenette, insect screening and air conditioning. I found the bed a bit hard, but that's my only complaint. You can borrow snorkel gear, use the kayaks and there are relaxing beach loungers right on the beach front. The included continental breakfast wasn't great, but it was enough to sustain you. We ate dinner at AV our first night and it was OK, but we also attended the island night and the buffet dinner was great and the entertainment excellent. We went to other island nights and I preferred this one as it seemed more authentic and you are told the story of Aitutaki, which was great. The cruise companies for trips out to the Lagoon are at Ootu Beach and there is a cafe, Koru Cafe, just a short walk down the road and it is excellent. The Boatshed is a bit further on, but we weren't very impressed with their dinner. Overall, highly recommend AV and would definitely return.

Room Tip: We were in #4 and had a view out to Beach, which was great.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tunicategirl
Reviewed 23 July 2017

The Villas are decent and clean. If you're looking for 5 stay resort, this isn't the place for you, but the view makes up for it. We decided to visit Aitutaki on a whim while staying at Rarotonga. This resort had an amazing view of the lagoon!!! Priceless, where you can spend all day starring out into the water. They had a few kayaks that you can take out and padding to other parts of the island which we found awesome. The people on the island were super friendly and very hospitable. The Manager from the resort go out of their way to make your stay is extra special. We definitely felt appreciated while feeling very homey. The food at their restaurant was quite good, the burger was amazing and so was the steak. I didn't expect them to have good food on a small island, but they exceeded my expectation with it. Aitutaki was amazing, I would definitely come back. You will feel that there is a heaven on earth with the views of the lagoon. You will also feel that you are he only one on the island as well...breathtaking!

Whatever you do, make sure you bring DEET mosquito spray. Not sure if it was the time of year, but we all got eaten alive...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rtheidler
Reviewed 14 July 2017

My 13 year old daughter and I stayed at Aitutaki Village from June 26 - July 1, 2017. We were promptly greeted and fragrantly lei'd by our host from the village. It was a gorgeous day, just as I had remembered, 3 years prior when we had visited Aitutaki on a day trip from Rarotonga back in 2014. So impressed then, I had vowed that if we ever went back to the CI's we would spend more time in Aitutaki. After doing all my research for accommodations on the island, I thought that AV gave us the most bang for our buck. Upon arrival at the property, we were greeted by the Manager, Tonya who turned out to be a gem and a superb host along with her staff who were always welcoming. We stayed in Bungalow 10 which was toward the back of the property and offered a bit more privacy from pedestrian traffic than those toward the front of the property that were slightly closer to the lagoon and the main dirt road into Ootu. Never-the-less, our Bungalow was less than a 1 minute stroll from the stunning lagoon. Although basic, we had everything that we needed for a comfy stay, and the rooms were clean and offered enough space for the two us to move around. T.V's are not offered, but for $30 USD, 2GB of data through Bluesky kept my daugther in-touch with friends back home while I would curl up with my book at the close of each day. SUP's were no longer offered at the property due their mis-use by the guest's. However, Kayaks were plentiful and a must do around the lagoon. A continental breakfast was offered in the room rate which consisted of coffee, teas, single serve boxed cereals, toast and variety of local fruit - adequate enough to get you through to the lunch hour if you got hungry. I believe you could order up a hot breakfast for an additional fee. I can't comment on the lunch menu as we were never there at the time and opted for other venues as needed. Within easy walking distance was Koru Cafe which became our favorite lunch spot which served up an excellent BLT and delicious expresso's. One thing that was very hard to find throughout CI was brewed coffee. Oh well! With a 5 night stay, we were comp'd a full day Bishop Lagoon Cruise w/lunch to One foot
Island which was a treat. Snorkeling with the Giant Trevally was incredible and truly magical. AV offered Island Nights every Tuesday for $60 NZD a head which included a buffet of local dishes. We ate dinner elsewhere, but were allowed to view the show in the open air restaurant, overlooking the lagoon. Loved it! We had rented a scooter from Popoara Rentals for $25 NZD (much pricier than the $12.50 in Raro) a day which allowed us to tour the island at our leisure. Needless to say, we spent more time exploring the island and all it's nooks and cranny's than we actually spent at the property. In doing that, I can honestly say that AV is, no doubt, the hottest spot on the island. Tonya makes you feel like family if your looking for the comforts of home. However, the location just can't be beat and offers all the necessary conveniences and amenities to lounge the day away.

Room Tip: Bungalows toward the back of the property offered more privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank CocoMos
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Perfectly situated on the lagoon, the restaurant has stunning views. Only cabins 1,2 & 4 have views of the water from there balconies otherwise you view a well tended garden. The cabins are basic but clean and include a very basic breakfast common throughout the islands of cereal, fruit, toast, pancakes, juice, tea & instant coffee. A jug is provided for filter water refills. Free use of kayaks was great - single & double allowing you to explore nearby islands. Car & scooter hire was nearby at the "Boat Shed". Only ate there once for dinner as we like to explore other food opportunities but it was surprisingly good after their mediocre breakfasts. Walking distance to other eateries- Koru Cafe & The Boat Shed. Be aware you cannot go on Boat cruises on Sunday. Our three night stay was delightful but accommodation as it is all through the Pacific Islands is expensive. $375 a night. I advise you also look on airBnB if you have time to book ahead. Definitely go for more than a day cruise. Stay & enjoy!

Stayed: July 2017