Kuru Club(Aitutaki)
  • Breakfast included
Tamanu Beach(Aitutaki)
US$446
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsone foot islandisland nightootu beachkoru cafewonderful night stayblue lagoon restaurantstunning lagoonlagoon cruisehot waterfabulous locationlocal fruitdefinitely stay here againlounge chairsinstant coffeewithin easy walking distanceair conditioningserviced daily
Reviewed 14 July 2017

My 13 year old daughter and I stayed at Aitutaki Village from June 26 - July 1, 2017. We were promptly greeted and fragrantly lei'd by our host from the village. It was a gorgeous day, just as I had remembered, 3 years prior when we had visited Aitutaki on a day trip from Rarotonga back in 2014. So impressed then, I had vowed that if we ever went back to the CI's we would spend more time in Aitutaki. After doing all my research for accommodations on the island, I thought that AV gave us the most bang for our buck. Upon arrival at the property, we were greeted by the Manager, Tonya who turned out to be a gem and a superb host along with her staff who were always welcoming. We stayed in Bungalow 10 which was toward the back of the property and offered a bit more privacy from pedestrian traffic than those toward the front of the property that were slightly closer to the lagoon and the main dirt road into Ootu. Never-the-less, our Bungalow was less than a 1 minute stroll from the stunning lagoon. Although basic, we had everything that we needed for a comfy stay, and the rooms were clean and offered enough space for the two us to move around. T.V's are not offered, but for $30 USD, 2GB of data through Bluesky kept my daugther in-touch with friends back home while I would curl up with my book at the close of each day. SUP's were no longer offered at the property due their mis-use by the guest's. However, Kayaks were plentiful and a must do around the lagoon. A continental breakfast was offered in the room rate which consisted of coffee, teas, single serve boxed cereals, toast and variety of local fruit - adequate enough to get you through to the lunch hour if you got hungry. I believe you could order up a hot breakfast for an additional fee. I can't comment on the lunch menu as we were never there at the time and opted for other venues as needed. Within easy walking distance was Koru Cafe which became our favorite lunch spot which served up an excellent BLT and delicious expresso's. One thing that was very hard to find throughout CI was brewed coffee. Oh well! With a 5 night stay, we were comp'd a full day Bishop Lagoon Cruise w/lunch to One foot
Island which was a treat. Snorkeling with the Giant Trevally was incredible and truly magical. AV offered Island Nights every Tuesday for $60 NZD a head which included a buffet of local dishes. We ate dinner elsewhere, but were allowed to view the show in the open air restaurant, overlooking the lagoon. Loved it! We had rented a scooter from Popoara Rentals for $25 NZD (much pricier than the $12.50 in Raro) a day which allowed us to tour the island at our leisure. Needless to say, we spent more time exploring the island and all it's nooks and cranny's than we actually spent at the property. In doing that, I can honestly say that AV is, no doubt, the hottest spot on the island. Tonya makes you feel like family if your looking for the comforts of home. However, the location just can't be beat and offers all the necessary conveniences and amenities to lounge the day away.

Room Tip: Bungalows toward the back of the property offered more privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank CocoMos
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Perfectly situated on the lagoon, the restaurant has stunning views. Only cabins 1,2 & 4 have views of the water from there balconies otherwise you view a well tended garden. The cabins are basic but clean and include a very basic breakfast common throughout the islands of cereal, fruit, toast, pancakes, juice, tea & instant coffee. A jug is provided for filter water refills. Free use of kayaks was great - single & double allowing you to explore nearby islands. Car & scooter hire was nearby at the "Boat Shed". Only ate there once for dinner as we like to explore other food opportunities but it was surprisingly good after their mediocre breakfasts. Walking distance to other eateries- Koru Cafe & The Boat Shed. Be aware you cannot go on Boat cruises on Sunday. Our three night stay was delightful but accommodation as it is all through the Pacific Islands is expensive. $375 a night. I advise you also look on airBnB if you have time to book ahead. Definitely go for more than a day cruise. Stay & enjoy!

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Karen R
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

A very beautiful spot to appreciate the breathtaking views around you.
Garden villas are comfortable and serviced daily.
Blue Lagoon Restaurant and bar, located at the village is right on the water for you to enjoy a meal or refreshment.
Friendly and helpful staff.
Take advantage of joining one of the Bishop Cruises to explore the magnificent islands around you.
Check out their website for special package deals of accommodation and cruises.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Manydreamscometrue
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Staff is great, always going out of their way to make you feel comfortable. They provide paddleboards and kayaks to take out in the lagoon which is great to watch the sunset. Rooms are clean, there's a small kitchen with no appliances but a coffee maker. Be prepared to disconnect - no TV and you have to buy wifi by data packages. I actually enjoyed that but I know it can be a big deal for some people. Breakfast is simple: instant coffee (Nescafe), milk, cereal, toast, fresh fruits, yogurt...and you can order of the menu if you need more. They also include a trip to One Foot Island which is a MUST DO. Their restaurant is actually quite good, fresh food but a small menu. There were only 2 downsides for me: the shower head was too short for my height and the hot water was not consistent...and the location is great but there's nothing to do outside of the lagoon and a couple of other restaurants. If you want to explore, you definitely need a scooter.

Room Tip: Room 1 has views from the lagoon :)
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fabiana E
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Aitutaki village is right on the stunning lagoon and so easy with kids. We canoed, paddle boarded and enjoyed the full day lagoon cruise (highly recommended). The restaurant food is fantastic and right on the water. As we would finish our dinner and wine, our girls would play happily hunting all the hermit crabs. The bungalows are cute and metres from the lagoon, but very small. I could reach out of my queen bed and touch the girls bunk bed. However accommodation on this honeymoon island is very limited if you have children. Aitutaki Village is very kid friendly and staff are lovely. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family