1,654 results
All reviews french polynesia vanilla plantation pearl farm gourmet restaurant relais chateaux coral gardens fish overwater bungalow our honeymoon drift snorkel bora bora milky way main restaurant pool restaurant sunset view travel agent the general manager
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Want luxury ? La Taha'a has it and more.

Gorgeous grounds; Glass walled overwater bungalows; snorkeling ; Coral Gardens (MUST DO; SPECTACULAR !!)

French ambience and cuisine. Excellent wine list at fair prices.

Ambience everywhere.

First night, special menu with free cocktails; second night Polynesian buffet and show; third night French bistro dinner - baked Alaska was to die for.

For elegance; romance and French je ne sais quoi, cannot be beat !

Poor internet - Good to Leave it at Home for This elegance !!!

Room tip: Overwater bungalows are spectacular
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DYNAMICREGGAE
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

This was our second visit to Le taha'a and we love it there so much that we decided to renew our vows there. We stayed in the end of dock premium hut and absolutely loved it. Everything about the visit was great and they did a great job at making everything perfect.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2016

We came here for 5 nights, and recommend this place super highly. The attention to detail was superb, including the rooms, food, spa, pool, dive shop, and grounds. Overwater bungalows are very large and arranged so that you have near complete privacy. There is an amazing large channel with a coral garden right off the hotel that others come from all around Tahaa and Raitaea to snorkel. The staff were super friendly, with a nice blend of French and Tahitians.

This is the place to come to escape from it all, including the rampant commercialism of Bora Bora. As authentic as a 5 star place with a great wine list in the tropics can be...

One minor gripe is that the small "gourmet restaurant", where you will spend $400 for a couple for dinner NOT including drinks, is just not nearly as good as it needs to be for that kind of massive outlay. The food was beautifully prepared but fairly bland and uninteresting. In fact, we thought the normal dinner restaurant had better food at less than half the price. Considering that it was almost empty, apparently other guests had figured this out already.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff A
Reviewed 25 April 2016

This is a really excellent property. I mean, it is just gorgeous. Definitely the best landscape we've seen in the French Polynesia. The coral garden was our favorite snorkeling activity; you just let yourself go with the stream into shallow waters and watch the magic world beneath.

One big criticism: one night, when only one restaurant was open, the only option available for dinner was a special night with buffet, which was more than 100EURO per person. Are you serious? If you decide to do that when no other restaurant is open, you should, at least, keep the "a la carte" option available.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed April 9-13. Resort was gorgeous, very isolated feel to it (that's what you want when you are escaping for vacation!)
Staff was great, this was my first visit to French Polynesia. Stayed in overwater bungalow, I think it was a deluxe one. Room was very spacious and well designed. I did a lot of research on trip advisor prior to the trip so I knew what to expect with the climate, mosquitoes, food, etc. We booked through Costco and the resort was recommended at the time of booking. The manager there was friendly and obviously hardworking, there in the morning and late evening. Prices for food and beverage are high, but I think this goes for all resorts in these islands, I anticipated it. There is no wifi in the room, but I went to another resort where this was offered and I think I prefer not having it. It's good to unplug from everything for a while and just enjoy the landscape and beautiful lagoon water. We did a snorkeling excursion that was really great, seeing Rays, Sharks, and a large reef area. The guys that took us out were very nice. It was great to see Polynesian culture. I will definitely stay again if I return, and I would spend the whole vacation there rather than go on to Bora Bora, which is definitely more "touristy".
Thanks for an awesome vacation!

2  Thank Hannah G