“A nice meal out”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Les Tipaniers Restaurant is on the border of the hotel's complex. It serves Italian and French Polynesian dishes that are very good and more "customer friendly" priced compared to other restaurants. The best, however, were the people who are running the place. The person in charge of fish dishes and the deserts came to pick us up. We had very kind, friendly and humorous conversations despite our French that got quite rusty over the years. When she was trying to collect an American couple at the Intercontinental, we were up for a 15 min wait because they were late. When they finally turned up, they didn't bother to look at the driver or us, no hello, no sorry...nothing. When considering the sweetness of the locals, such rudeness is a slap in their face and utterly embarrassing.
Anyway, after being seated, I asked about a wine, so another waitress came with a taster and said with glowing eyes: Sir, we usually don't do wine tastings and it was clear that it was a joke and this continued whenever she came to the table; and when we asked for the return drive: she giggled and said: today everybody is walking home...we had such a great time with them.
The other great thing was that after dinner we went down to the hotel's own beach and the site was spectacular. The lagoon, the white sands, the beach bar (closed for the day), the coconut trees - all in full moonlight...and nobody else around.
Our American friends had left a long while ago. I wonder what they made of their evening.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

One of the most amazing places I've ever been in my life! The beach is great with white sand and the most crystal clear water! They offer many tours to go see and go snorkeling with whales but they are 3 to 4 hours long, so unfortunately I couldn't try any. But my husband and I rented a kayak and went where the reef sharks and stingrays are. In one hour we went there, theres a line where you can attach your kayak so you can actually get in the water and swim in the middle of them and it is an unbelievable experience. It was only 10 dollars for the kayak and we had the exact same experiences of the tours that went on a boat. Actually I'd say an even better experience cause we could get as close as we could and enjoy the water for as long as we wanted. I highly recommend and I've always been terrified by sharks, but they are really harmless there.

1  Thank MarFer15
Reviewed 27 July 2017

So my husband and I stay at the Inter Continental Hotel. Years ago we were had this restaurant suggested to us. Seven visits later this is still one of our favorite places to go for Mahi Mahi with Tahitian Vanillia Sauce and creme brulee. The pasta dish with the sauce is heavenly. Always good food and service. They offer transportation too. Keep in mind not all the restaurants offer transportation as is based on the location of your hotel. If you have a car then you have that freedom. As most places its not very large and they do have their own hotel/pension so book early.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

We ate lunch here twice, the service and staff were so helpful and friendly. The beach and beautiful lagoon is right at your table. Too nice!

1  Thank Helene A
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We ate at their bar a couple times and their food was very good. A beautiful view of the lagoon while you eat. The people are so nice and their food is very fresh. I had their local fresh lagoon fish with vanilla sauce and it was delicious. Highly recommend!