“Favorite Seafood Spot”
Review of MadFish

MadFish
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I was looking for a quick, healthy bite for lunch and I found this gem! The friendly owner, Tere, steered me toward the cocoviche. Best ceviche ever! I went back the following week and enjoyed the lightly battered fish n chips. You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I tagged along with my hubby on a last minute and very short business trip. I found MadFish by chance while doing a quick internet search. I even asked about it at the hotel and none of the employees had heard of it. The complimentary appetizer was phenomenal, and I almost asked for more. My husband and I shared the cocoviche and Caribbean fish. I’m not always a fan of all seafood, so I was skeptical of the civeche. It was extraordinary and so beautifully presented in a half coconut. The flavors of the Caribbean fish was equally enjoyable and displayed so beautifully. We even had a delicious dessert. We are so glad we checked this place out and feel we found an amazing hidden secret. I even came back to the hotel and told the staff they have to go here. Thank you for delighting us tonight!!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

My wife had shrimp plate with avocados. It was excellent. I had fish and chips....it was outstanding. The atmosphere is small but roomy. It was decorated with many beautiful oil paintings from a local artist. The service was impickable. Can’t believe my wife finished her shrimp plate.......good to the last bite. A must do restaurant............you will not be disappointed.....Go for it....

Thank Elizabeth Frede... I
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

We had the cocoviche and mixto ceviche. Both had good portions of fish - the coconut flavor for the cocoviche was very mild; I preferred the limey flavor of the Mixto. Price was around 7000 colones each. They close at 8:45pm and when we arrived on a Monday night at 7:45pm it was pretty empty with only 1 other table. Cute ambiance with all outdoor/open air seating. They don’t serve alcohol but it’s byob and they provided a corkscrew for us to open our bottle of wine along with glasses. They provide a complimentary fish spread with plantains which was good but a little heavy on the mayo. We asked for some plantains to eat with the ceviche but they only brought out (literally) 7 chips for our 2 ceviches. We also ordered the fish entree (7000 colones) which had some curry sauce - was not my favorite. Overall great ceviche but they really skimp on the plantain chips even though we asked for more. The byob is nice though.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

This is a great little restaurant. Covered outside tables and some inside tables. Owner operated, she is the chef and a great person. Very creative, delicious food. Great flavors, good portions and reasonable prices.

1  Thank Craig M