All reviews large living room yogurt full kitchen costa rica nice pool basic supplies nice apartment hotel deli meats san jose hot tub three bedroom sparkling clean book tours the hotel staff walk in closet two twin beds laundry facilities
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Villas del Rio is perfect for short term or a long term stay. We have family who live in Costa Rica. This is our favorite place to stay. The 2 bedroom 2 bath is perfect for us and our granddaughter who stays with us when we visit. The breakfast is complimentary as is transportation to and from the airport. Thank you Eunice and all the staff who helped us with this stay.

Stayed: July 2018
csotela, Gerente at Apartotel & Suites Villas del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Coltonannie1,

Thank you for choosing us as an option to stay with your family! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Eunice will be more than happy with your review as the rest of our staff. It will be a pleasure to see you soon again. Have a nice day!

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

One thing I love about 3 plus star rates hotels in Central America is their cleanliness! This hotel is spotless. The staff is always pleasant. The breakfast buffet has variety and it’s pretty extensive. This is a city hotel with city noises on the street, but our room is very quiet.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
csotela, Gerente at Apartotel & Suites Villas del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear viajarwithmike,

We are happy that you enojyed your stay! Thank you for choosing us! We will be more than happy to see you soon again! Have a safe flight for you and your wife...AND... Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I absolutely loved my stays here. A lot of contemporary big name chain oversized hotels have veneered surfaces covering shoddy materials and workmanship, and therefore quickly show wear and tear. This hotel is the antithesis of that. The building are solid, the doors, closet doirs and mouldings are real varnished wood. The windows are brand new looking and open vertically and horizontally. The floors are tile and are therefore very clean. Our unit had a kitchen with a full size frudge, cooking appliances, dishes and utensils. It also had two bathrooms. My daughter noticed the painting on the wall was not a print, but a real painting with the textured brush strokes to show it.

The unit had no hotel smell at all. It had no odor at all! It felt like home. The mattress was excellent. The property was quiet and provided a restful atmosphere.

The staff were always busy... polishing, cleaning, sweeping, taking care of things. They work hard and it shows.

The pools were gorgeous and the water was warm. The hot tub was the most beautiful hot tub I have ever been in, The water in the pools was very very clean.

The hotel is walking distance of a number of good restaurants within a wide budget range.

Security at the hotel is robust.

There iswifi in the rooms, lobby and breakfast area.

The breakfast included with the room features a variety of cold cereals, granola, pasteries, breads for toasting, cheese, cold cuts, plaintains, fresh melons, papaya and pineapple. They always provided coffee and two different juices... usually orange juice and then another juice, which changes daily.

They also make cappuccino upon request and you can order eggs / omelettes cooked to order upon request.

There is a mini market available 24 hours to purchase snacks and hygiene items and other small necessities.

I have stayed there a total of 15 days over the past six months. The first time I stayed there, some parts of the hotel needed maintenance and updating. That occurred between my two visits, so this past visit was absolutely perfect.

This is the most luxury that I have ever gotten for this price range. I have stayed at far more pretentious, expensive places, but never felt as happy with a hotel stay as I did here. Even if money were no object and I could easily afford a big name pretentious hotel, this hotel would still be my number one place to stay in San Jose, Costa Rica.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
csotela, Gerente at Apartotel & Suites Villas del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Adveturegal,

Wow! We cannot be more than happy in reading this amazing and complete review! Thank you for choosing us ad an option for staying in Costa Rica. It will be a pleasure to see you soon again and continue making you feel like home!
From all the staff of Villas del Río, we wish you a nice beginning of the week!

Reviewed 7 June 2018

This is the place to go if you're single, a couple or a family. We stayed in a two bedroom villa and it was so spacious and had everything we needed for our stay. If you have children, stay here! I repeat! STAY HERE IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN. Singles and couples don't worry, the area is super quiet so you don't even hear kids.

All of the staff is more than helpful and extremely friendly. Ask for Tobias to pick you up and take you to the airport. You do have to schedule your free shuttle 48hrs in advance so don't forget. There is a convenience store nearby that you can walk to but you can also catch a ride to the grocery store Mas X Menos that has any kind of food that you would get back in the states. There's always Wal-mart if that's your preference.

The area is safe. There are guards walking the premises.The hotel staff will book tours, exchange money for you, and they have a convenience store on site that you can go to just in case you can't leave the hotel.

Breakfast was traditional and amazing. They had mango juice and sour sop juice that tasted amazing!! There's an assortment of cereal for the kids and lots of sweet pastries. Enough food to fill you up for the tours you take.

Quick and easy check in and check out. The beds are soooo comfortable I would definitely stay here again when I come back. Thanks to all the staff. We had a great time.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
crisotela, Gerente at Apartotel & Suites Villas del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear ljmsweets,

Thank you for this amazing review!!! It makes us feel happy to see that you and your family enjoyed the stay! We will be more than pleased to see you soon again ! Our idea is that each guest feels closer to home.
PURA VIDA from all the staff of Villas del Río! :)

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are here for the fourth time. We would never stay anywhere else. You get a beautiful well furnished apartment for the price of an inexpensive hotel room.
The whole hotel is extremely clean and the staff bend over backwards to accomodate you.Escazu is one of the nicest areas of San Jose and we always feel safe here. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance from Pizza Hut to expensive dining. There is a beatifull heated pool and Jacuzzi at the hotel and the whole place is quiet and tranquil.
Thank you Villas Del Rio. I'm sure we will be back

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
crisotela, Gerente at Apartotel & Suites Villas del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear WillyWomba,

Thank you for choosing us as an option for staying in Costa Rica! We are happy that you enjoy here everytime that you visit us! We will be waiting for your next visit to continue making you feel even more closer to home! Have a nice day!