“Great coffee in an amazing location”
Review of Hacienda Real

Hacienda Real
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Description: The best coffee in town!!! The best breakfast!!! The best desserts!!!! Do it yourself lunch✨ Best place in escazu
Reviewed 9 July 2016

What a better combination? Hide away in the city, in a typical, historical house which has been restored and appreciated. Hot and cold coffees, paninis and desserts. Kind service wants to make you stay and read, work, eat, and enjoy!

3  Thank msobrado

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Coming from New York I'm always looking for the best coffee shops- this one by far being at the top of my list. You can tell this family has a passion for roasting and brewing coffee, with that said it doesn't get any more authentic than this. I initially only went for coffee, but couldn't resist their pastries. I wound up stopping by this shop every day of my vacation, and can't wait to revisit once I go back! Whether you're a local, or on vacation make sure you check this place out!

2  Thank BarryRobert R
ErnoCD, Public Relations Manager at Hacienda Real, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Hey Barry Robert! It was a pleasure having you in Cafe Hacienda Real and are very happy that you enjoyed your visit! We hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2016

The best coffee, service, and food I have experienced in a long time. Their signature caramel cappuccino is definitely something that you do not want to miss. We also tried their turkey panini, which was definitely an explosion of flavors in your mouth; it had tons of turkey, cream cheese, Swiss cheese and an awesome Guava jelly, it was to die for!

Their staff is extremely friendly and the service is on point. They roast their own coffee right on site and the smell that comes from that is like none other. This coffee shop location has amazing history to it as well, as it dates back 130 years. One of the owners came over and talked to us, making us feel right at home and giving us the full history of the location. A major plus is that it is also pet friendly!!

Overall our experience was amazing and next time we are in Costa Rica, this will be our first stop.

2  Thank SarahRiela

Hey Sarah! We are glad that you enjoyed your caramel cappuccino and panini, and will extend your compliments to our barista and chef! We were very happy to have you and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

I have to say I was surprised about this little oasis in the middle of bustling Escazu! It's a quiet, rustic location with great food and freshly roasted coffee.
I ordered the cuban panini and a quiche Lorraine, both were very good and at a very reasonable price.
I also tried the blueberry lemonade, it is all natural with no sugar added, very refreshing!
I highly recommend stopping in, you will be surprised how tranquil the place is even though it's right in near el cruce, you truly feel like you are on a coffee farm.

4  Thank Charly B

Hey Charly! Thank you so much for visiting! We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2016

Had the Toscana Chicken Panini and it was great! The barista was very kind and prepared a great Caramel Capuccino.

2  Thank alemorac

Hey Ale! We are glad you enjoyed our panini and will extend your complements to our barista! We hope to see you again soon!