My fourth visit to this hotel over the past few years.
Still good service overall. Efficient check-in and no problems with my pre-payment. I had advised them buy separate email that i was arriving very late and they responded quickly that there was no issues with that.
My room was okay but nothing spectacular. Good bed with good sheets. Adequate towels in the bathroom. The shower tended to hose down the bathroom floor but they quickly responded with a bathmat when i asked for one.
The TV has been upgraded to flat screen and some English channels are still available. There is still a strong box available at cost. The A/C worked flawlessly
The restaurant still provides quick tasty breakfasts and those economical buckets of beer. Lots of big screen TVs available to watch the ball games or the news.
Due to a very late flight I asked for a slightly extended checkout but could only get one more hour.
Street noise is still a problem in the early hours so ask for a room in the back and away from the Key Largo is you are a light sleeper.
There is no mini-fridge in the room which is a bit of a downer.
The rooms could use some refurb with possibly new curtains and carpets. The current ones are getting a little dowdy. More cosmetic than anything else but with higher price they are charging, it is perhaps overdue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Jose, Costa Rica's capital city, is the ever–growing center of the country's urban lifestyle, and Morazan Hotel & Casino is right at the heart of it all. Whether you're looking to visit the city's landmarks, such as the National Theatre, learn about Costa Rican art, culture or history in one of our many museums, including the National and Jade Museums filled with wondrous pieces of aboriginal heritage, partake on business activities in one of the thousands of companies and institutions allocated in San Jose, enjoy the local and international gastronomy or simply have a good time making part of the city's nightlife, this is the place to be. At Morazan you don't stay with strangers, you visit friends, and we are always happy to do anything in our reach to make sure you have a wonderful time at our hotel. Whether you're here for a vacation, just spending one night or simply to enjoy a meal at Tropical Sport Bar & Restaurant, there will always be a smile waiting for you. 20 flat screen TVs and premium satellite cable let you enjoy all the major sports events at our Sport Bar & Restaurant, from the thrill of the Super Bowl to the adrenaline of a UFC fight, our delicious menu is the perfect companion for a perfect evening. Are you feeling lucky? Casino Tropical on our main floor is open 24/7 to let you test your luck in our variety of slot machines and card games, so you can win big without ever even leaving the building. With the friendliest staff in San Jose and one of the best menus for a casino of its class, the biggest risk you take is wanting to move in with us permanently. Contact us to learn more about our personalized services for groups or businesses, such as special meal plans, a fully equipped conference room, an upcoming business center and much more. We can't wait for you to visit us, so make your reservation now! Morazan. More than a client, a friend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Morazan Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Casino Costa Rica Morazan
- Morazan Hotel & Casino Costa Rica/San Jose