Lowest prices for your stay
US$121
Free cancellation until 19/05/21
Expedia.comUS$121
Agoda.comUS$121
FindHotelUS$146
All reviews national stadium la sabana great hotel costa rica modern hotel room rate breakfast buffet one night stay pura vida floor lobby gym cosi downtown uber neighborhood sjo
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2020

I spent a week at this hotel and was struck by the abundantly friendly service that I received at all levels of the staff. (A shout-out to Bryan, Kembly, and Roberto in the restaurant). The room had great views of the mountains, and I was very happy that I paid extra to get a room with a balcony. The hotel is located west of the city centre in an upscale but not very exciting neighborhood. It took me about 50 minutes to walk to the downtown, but a taxi takes 10 minutes and costs US$10. The hotel has good security, only allowing registered guests to enter the building. The breakfast buffet was great, although I had to pay a supplement of US$10 for it based on the room rate that I got. Beyond breakfast, the restaurant was good but very pricey. I was able to get an airport transfer for US$35+tax each way.

The reason why I am not giving this hotel five stars is that I had some issues with the room. First, there is not sufficient lighting. I found the room to be creepily dark at night, as there were just too few light sources. The bathroom had the same problem. The basin had only a single pot light overhead, making shaving very difficult. While I loved the rainfall shower, I didn’t like the fact that the shower lacked a door and hence was partially open to the bathroom, resulting in lots of water getting on the bathroom floor. Issues like lighting and shower doors are things that I would assume that a chain like Hilton would have mastered already, but these issues were clear deficiencies for me. A few more things to mention. There is a small outdoor pool area. However, there were no umbrellas and no way to get shade while sitting in the pool area. I found the very LOUD music played in the hallway to be annoying. I’m glad that my room was far enough away from the speakers to not hear music playing all day. Lastly, the two elevators for the hotel had opposite arrangements of the room-floor buttons, and the numbers were difficult to see in both elevators. Why anyone would design the elevators this way is beyond me. Overall, I had a great stay at this hotel thanks to the amazing hospitality of the staff. The neighborhood is much nicer than the gritty downtown, but it is also far from the things you want to do in San Jose.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank ArtsTravelerer
LUDWING DIAZ, Director General at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose La Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2021

Dear guest,

It was our pleasure accommodating you at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose La Sabana. We are thrilled that you loved our abundantly friendly service as well as our great views of the mountains. Thank you for the review and all your valuable suggestions. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 December 2020 via mobile

Jeffrey and Eschie..sp? Front desk and the am breakfast staff awesome! Customer service at the highest level..I will be coming back in April and already made my reservations.
Practice to the highest level COVID-19 protocols.

Thank you!
Debi

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
LUDWING DIAZ, Director General at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose La Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2020

Dear guest,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest at the Hilton Garden Inn San Jose La Sabana. We are glad to know how much you appreciated our awsesome staff. Thank you for your review and so glad you are coming back soon!

With warm regards,

Reviewed 7 March 2020

The rooms were comfortable in particular the bed was good.

The staff was helpful and showed concern when I fell ill. They stayed with me while paramedics looked after me.

They were responsive to an issue I had with the room and fixed it quickly.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Stephen4501
LDSJO, Director Comercial at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose La Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose and for sharing your experiences with us. We hope you feel much better now and we are glad you had a comfortable room and helpful staff. Looking forward to welcome you again in a near opportunity.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2020

I had a terrible experience, when I got to the hotel late at night ( I had already checked in) the security guard was very rude and
misogynist, he didn't even check the guest list or talk to me, he only talked to my husband, assuming that I was a prostitute. The front desk assistant was very empathetic, however the hotel manager didn't handle the situation correctly since she also made inappropriate comments about the situation. In the end, they refunded the amount, however, the experience to get the money back was not friendly either.

Date of stay: February 2020
LDSJO, Director Comercial at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose La Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Dear guest

Thank you for your message and we apologize for your experience at our hotel, as it is not our standard and we had never had this issue before. We are sorry you felt the guard was a misogynist person, however he did not follow the procedures therefore the administrative actions have been taken. We apologize again and we understand giving the money back does not erase the experience but it does reflecte our commitment with the guest.

Best regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 23 February 2020

I had a great stay. The food was Great. The staff during check out was great. Great location and quality of the hotel. A 5 star experience with easy access to everything I needed. This was a very quality stay for me .

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank David C
LDSJO, Director Comercial at Hilton Garden Inn San Jose La Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn San Jose La Sabana and for your nice comments. We are very happy to know that you had a great stay with great food. We look forward to host you on a future stay.

Best regards,