“Amazing Coffee Spot in Beautiful Barrio Escalante!”
Review of Cafeoteca

Cafeoteca
Ranked #1 of 19 Dessert in San Jose
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cafeoteca is a space where we live coffee as culture. 100% dedicated to Costarican coffee. We buy, roast, pack and prepare coffee.We offer workshops, courses, tastings and experiences related to culture and coffee cultivation.We specialize in fine coffees, with a line of over 15 coffees from the all coffee regions of Costa Rica, and multiple farms around the country.
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I was in town for 4 weeks on business and Edwin & Oscar were amazing baristas. I visited at least twice per week. They were incredibly knowledgeable about the coffees they had from the various Costa Rica regions and their pourover skills were second to none. I even got a delicious cold brew recipe from them that I've successfully used back home twice already. I liked it so much that I brought back 6 bags of coffee for myself & friends, as well as a Vandola dripping device! As far as specific coffees, I highly recommend the Sonora and anything from Tarrazu.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Great poor-over by skilled barista. Nice place to chill and have some good coffee and delicious food, thank you!

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

We were served lattes and breakfast on the patio by Edwin. The breakfast was excellent (we got 2 different egg dishes) and the coffee was amazing! Excellent service. After we payed Edwin offered to give us a sample of another type of coffee and spent a good 20 minutes with us giving a free tasting and talking about the roasting process. Best coffee experience I've ever had! 2 lattes and breakfast was under $20.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for espresso and breakfast and were so lucky to find Oscar at the pour-over bar. We had the best experience tasting several types of costa rican coffees and Oscar explained all about the ways a coffee bean can develop so many varied tastes. Of course we left the cafe fully caffeinated for the day and with a bag of favorite beans!

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I visited cafeoteca after finding reviews online. The barista here is amazing and knows everything and anything about coffee from the plants to the brew process plan to spend some time here learning about coffee. The store is also full of local art to see or buy.