“Sandwich is just bread, nothing else”
Review of The Whisk

The Whisk
Ranked #8 of 31 Coffee & Tea in San Jose
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I ordered a salmon sandwich with capers, cream cheese and onions. I got the bread with lots of cream cheese, a couple of capers and two tiny slivers of salmon. The bread was good but looking at the meager portion of salmon and calling it that was insulting. Would not try another sandwich there. I did order a tres leches dessert and it wa pretty good.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Hearty bread and sandwiches. Great cakes and cheesecake.
Relaxed and casual environment.
Good service, willing to help and inform.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Our airbnb host recommended this spot for breakfast/lunch. The sandwiches we had were mouthwatering good!! It is walkable from central San Jose but it is off the beaten path. Small and cozy dining room with bar seating. Lovely!!

Reviewed 8 December 2016

I have been living in Costa Rica for 4 months and my stay got exponentially better once I found this cafe. They have good food that I actually recognize and don't feel gross putting in my body. It isn't greasy and it makes me feel good after I eat it. The staff is nice, though perhaps a bit inattentive. The pastries are good, but I mostly came for the sandwiches, salads, and quiche. Very tasty. I'm happy I found the place.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

What a find this was. Thanks to my daughter starting school at a nearby college we managed to find this gem. Lets start of with the bread. WOW! Scrumptious to say the least. Great selection of sandwiches from your NY Salmon w cream cheese to the Turkey avocado. The quiches are also very good. All cookies and desserts are to DIE FOR! They even have pink lemonade to further seal the deal for me. On our way to Brunch which i hear is amazing. Great bang for the buck!