“Hidden gem! Best sandwich in San jose”
Review of The Whisk

The Whisk
Ranked #11 of 20 Dessert in San Jose
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Our airbnb host recommended this spot for breakfast/lunch. The sandwiches we had were mouthwatering good!! It is walkable from central San Jose but it is off the beaten path. Small and cozy dining room with bar seating. Lovely!!

Reviewed 8 December 2016

I have been living in Costa Rica for 4 months and my stay got exponentially better once I found this cafe. They have good food that I actually recognize and don't feel gross putting in my body. It isn't greasy and it makes me feel good after I eat it. The staff is nice, though perhaps a bit inattentive. The pastries are good, but I mostly came for the sandwiches, salads, and quiche. Very tasty. I'm happy I found the place.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

What a find this was. Thanks to my daughter starting school at a nearby college we managed to find this gem. Lets start of with the bread. WOW! Scrumptious to say the least. Great selection of sandwiches from your NY Salmon w cream cheese to the Turkey avocado. The quiches are also very good. All cookies and desserts are to DIE FOR! They even have pink lemonade to further seal the deal for me. On our way to Brunch which i hear is amazing. Great bang for the buck!

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Been here dozens of times and it never disappoints. Try the banana chocolate cake or go for the brunch on Saturdays. Best bakery in Costa Rica.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

I got a sweet tooth, so when I found this place, I knew I found MY place! Everything they do is homemade and the girls that cook are super nice and always got a smile!

You pay for quality and thats what u get in here. You can taste the love and dedication they cook and bake their goodies. I've eaten possibly like 90% of their menu, and everything is delicious. From the nutella cupcakes to the new Pesto cookies ( not sweet but super tasty cookies ).

Im a frequent customer so Im always trying out their new dishes and all I can say is that Im happy I have found this adorable place!