Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$123
TravelocityUS$123
CheapTicketsUS$123
Orbitz.comUS$123
TripadvisorUS$123
eDreams
All reviews la amistad sportsman lodge rooftop balcony sister hotel ernesto luggage
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2019

Just returned from spending a week in Costa Rica and I must say I had a great time. The hotel staff treated me like family though it was the first time I stayed there. Currently if you book 4 nights or more for 10.00 a day they feed you breakfast lunch and dinner and include beer/wine/well drinks. This is a adult hotel! Room was always clean, staff were always helpful, I will stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 30 October 2018

This is a great hotel, perhaps one of the best I have ever been to. The staff is very nice and the restaurant serves excellent food, particularly the pork roast. And the room are much more spacious than seen in the pictures. I recommend staying here if you ever come to San Jose, CR.

Room tip: All the rooms are all right in my opinion.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2018

La Amistad was perfect except for the train noise, so decided to try this sister property. Staff is the best! Very clean! laundry service free and professional! All-inclusive is unbeatable! $10. a day for one person. Food and drinks are very good. Only issue I had was when i eat a full breakfast I want potatos. They are on the menu at both properties but never available. Food is tasty and very well prepared. Even though CR produces best coffee in the world, castillo coffee is not the best. Same with most places around CR, i guess the good stuff is exported. I would have no problem taking all of my meals on property if there weren't so many other incredible options. Yes it might not be the hotel for some couples or families as some of the gentlemen has local female companionship, but nothing is very in your face. Staying there over Thanksgiving.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very relaxing the rooms are nice and clean. The staff is super friendly very accommodating for your needs. I paid and extra 10 dollars a night I got the all inclusive package all meals breakfast, lunch and dinner drinks are included including beer,soda, juice, water and liquor but top shelf is not included. THIS IS NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY HOTEL!!!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank naielm
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I recently enjoyed a delightful 4-night stay in Penthouse #2 while taking advantage of the all-inclusive package. I honestly cannot say enough good about this wonderfully redesigned hotel. Friendly, impeccable staff will do everything possible to ensure your stay meets all your expectations. From check-in to check-out, a wonderful experience.

Room tip: The very large furnished balconies of the penthouses are well worth the extra cost.
Date of stay: March 2018