See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

My friend chose this hostel and I tagged along on her trip so I had to stay here. I wish I just paid for 2 places and went somewhere else. I stayed at this place for less than 12 hours, and that was already too long to be there. It's close by the airport which is why I think she chose it. I'm pretty sure there's better rated and cleaner places to stay at though. The bathrooms have no light so I had to use the bathroom using my cell phone light. The showers didn't drain so I had to shower in other people's water. The showers were off and on hot too. I was able to get a room with just my friend though so we didn't have to share it with strangers. Our screen on our window was torn and broken. There was a fan in the room though which was nice. There's cockroaches too- I saw a few roaming around. Honestly- do not stay here. Look elsewhere for somewhere that's cleaner and better.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kmpong08
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night and would not stay any longer even if you gave it to me for free. Firstly the place was dead, no one around. A lot of works going on refurbishing the pool. Am not marking down for any of that as we didn't mind. Room was clean and bathroom facilities were good. However we were 'greeted' by the rudest man working the night shift that I have ever met. Asked him a question and he literally rolled his eyes as if we were stupid. He should not be dealing with people at all never mind representing the hostel and meeting customers! Went to the bar where the bar man was slightly warmer but didn't seem to want to be there either.. If this hostel usually has a good atmosphere these guys will kill it in about 2 minutes. Would not recommend others to stay.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Best place to go before and after the trip, don't stick there! The staff was helpful and they give us good informations. Trust theme!!!!!!! And go see Alberto the best cook in San Josee! The view are amazing in the city! Be careful is chilly at night!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

The bar area is not laid out very well nor is it stocked very well. The rooms have paper thin walls and feel very grotty. There's no atmosphere and the staff seem quite uninterested in the whole place. Also, the pool barely gets sun and it's very dirty. There's much nicer places in San Jose in nicer neighbourhoods for the same or lower price!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank annejh
Reviewed 17 January 2017

It's the off season so low atmosphere is to be expected. Just wanted to give you all a heads up the pool is under renos and not open. Rooms are clean and front desk helpful. Area of town is a bit sketch but their security is fine. Food like most of CR is expensive but not the worst tasting id stay away from the burrito. Walls are a bit thin and glass shutters similar to other hostel in the busy season you'd be hard pressed to sleep unless you pass out lol. Pura vida!!!

Date of stay: November 2016